Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Destructive Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Destructive Dog (1451 Views)

Destructive Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destructive Dog by bluecard(m): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello pet lovers,

I can I possibly get my dog to stop destroying things in my house
he has practically destroyed everything in my house,please i need help
as to how to go about this.I still love this dog and i don't want to sell it

Thanks
Re: Destructive Dog by softandsweet(f): 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Well I think the dog may have high energy and doesnt get enough exercise or is always locked up and only gets to go outside its pen when you release it. So it releases its on any thing it sees around. Its not always intentional. It probably needs more walks and exercise

1 Like

Re: Destructive Dog by cbrass(m): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Get the dog busy by buying him a plastic bone or just give him work to do, the dog is an energetic dog that's why, I ounce had a GS that tears all shoes or sandals and slippers mistakenly left outside, he even pulls cloth from the line. I tried some caution with the dog and this reduced abit but went back to its ways. Some dogs don't like a boring life, they always want activity

1 Like

Re: Destructive Dog by bluecard(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
You guys are actually correct. The dog comes out only at night.Thank a lot,I think I will need to be letting it out more often I will also buy him some plastic bones
Re: Destructive Dog by oluomoadebayo: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
bluecard: You guys are actually correct. The dog comes out only at night.Thank a lot,I think I will need to be letting it out more often I will also buy him some plastic bones

You need to find a way to tire him out and bone alone can't do that. If I may ask, what breed is your dog?
Re: Destructive Dog by bluecard(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks.Its a Caucasian. Could you please advice me how to tire him out
Re: Destructive Dog by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
I'm impressed by the quality advice on this thread. Things like jogging/walking with your dog, playing "fetch" on a large compound or field, taking your dog out to play with other dogs, and regular training sessions will satisfy your dog's need for mental and physical stimulation. Forget about punishment because the dog will not understand you unless you catch him in the act. If you catch him in the act, a loud shout is usually sufficient to correct a dog that's not feeling really frustrated, so pls avoid striking the dog! You should also consider placing all destructible items out of reach - i.e. dog-proofing your home - while also giving him access to plenty of toys to destroy.
Re: Destructive Dog by cbrass(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
Just as Bro, Seun said find work for the dog even if they won't be paying him salarygringrin as for socializing the dog with other dogs that's quite difficult to do here in naija, eveyone minds his/her business and lock up.

Just remembered something now, I won't totally subscribe to Bro Seuns's idea of you buying him toys to destroy that's gonna be expensive, in other to save cost just buy the dog a Gulf Ball, I bet you till 2019 he will still be battling it grin but don't try that with a PitBull sha. In less than an hour the Gulf ball is history. grin
Re: Destructive Dog by bluecard(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2014
Thanks all. I need to add a little more problem I have on my hand. I barely have time with this dog nor any member of my family,just the security. how can I get around this. Is it to late to get the dog to know me or is there any thing i could do to salvage the situation.I am talking about a 7 month old Caucasian here
Re: Destructive Dog by Seun(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2014
bluecard: Thanks all. I need to add a little more problem I have on my hand. I barely have time with this dog nor any member of my family,just the security. how can I get around this. Is it to late to get the dog to know me or is there any thing i could do to salvage the situation.I am talking about a 7 month old Caucasian here
The most important experience for the purpose of bonding is feeding! When the dog's food is prepared, it should be served to the dog by you or family members. This is more effective if the food you give your dog is quality food. Your security man can do the exercise stuff...
Re: Destructive Dog by oluomoadebayo: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
bluecard: Thanks all. I need to add a little more problem I have on my hand. I barely have time with this dog nor any member of my family,just the security. how can I get around this. Is it to late to get the dog to know me or is there any thing i could do to salvage the situation.I am talking about a 7 month old Caucasian here
With due respect, it is unwise to keep a dog when you don't have the time for him. Dog need socialization and interaction with their human pack. You need to find a time maybe during weekends to be with your dog, and make sure you are the one feeding him. Bonding is very important.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Extra Super Bullmastiff,caucasian And Boerboel Puppy / Southafrican Boxerhead Pups 3weeks Hot Sale / What's The Cruel And Wicked Thing You've Don To Any Animal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.