Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles (2511 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Syenite(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mtcheew dry.

1 Like

Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Mustack: 12:10am On Aug 07, 2014
lovely

1 Like

Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
The pressure is definitely at Man City. Nacho is there and seen as the next Messi, CR7, Ronaldinho or Thierry Henry. He has to train and work very hard to archive this level.

In the Super Eagles, he does not need to work too hard to archive greatness.

I feel the Man City pressure will propel him to achieve great things with the Super Eagles.

3 Likes

Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
He has not played a competitive match for man city

All he has done is pre season
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
mikeansy: He has not played a competitive match for man city

All he has done is pre season
Before Messi played a competitive game for Barcelona, the board and coaches knew they had a future star.

The Man City executives have high hopes for him. So the pressure will be heavy on him to meet their expectations. Same with Brahim Abdelkader seen as the new Messi. He is young but the club has high expectations.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-sign-the-new-lionel-messi-brahim-abdelkader-and-in-doing-so-put-one-over-barcelona-8983567.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr_LJdcKZOk
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Before Messi played a competitive game for Barcelona, the board and coaches knew they had a future star.

The Man City executives have high hopes for him. So the pressure will be heavy on him to meet their expectation. Same with Brahim Abdelkader seen as the new Messi. He is young but the club has high expectation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-sign-the-new-lionel-messi-brahim-abdelkader-and-in-doing-so-put-one-over-barcelona-8983567.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr_LJdcKZOk

Even the young kids in Iheanacho's former academy are under one type of pressure or the other. Thats life

but what the cartoon may be suggesting is that because Iheanacho has played in pre-season for Man City he is now ready to be a super eagles regular

I believe the boy should be allowed to mature. Let him in his group focus on youth football and then aim to represent Nigeria at the Olympics in 2016 then we can start talking of Super Eagles

it will be just wrong for Nigeria to rush this boy into Super Eagles

Messi with all his potential did not play Germany 2006; he led Argentina to Beinjing 2008 and then was involved in the 2010 world cup campaign for Argentina
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2014
mikeansy:

Even the young kids in Iheanacho's former academy are under one type of pressure or the other. Thats life

but what the cartoon may be suggesting is that because Iheanacho has played in pre-season for Man City he is now ready to be a super eagles regular

I believe the boy should be allowed to mature. Let him in his group focus on youth football and then aim to represent Nigeria at the Olympics in 2016 then we can start talking of Super Eagles

Messi with all his potential did not play Germany 2006; he led Argentina to Beinjing 2008 and then was involved in the 2010 world cup campaign for Argentina
Get ur facts right.
At d age of 19,Messi featured at the 2006 world cup and even scored a goal.He even made his senior national team debut in 2005 at d age of 18.
In between that world cup and d olympic games,he also featured for d senior national team several times.
He didnt have to go through U-20 to U-23 before he could feature for the senior national team.
He played for the senior national team as well as the youth teams then.
Just like Musa who played several times for the senior national team before featuring at the U/20 WC.
I dont buy the idea of going through all the youth stages(U-17,U-20,U-23) before featuring for d senior team.
At least 19yrs is an okay age to feature for d senior national team especially when we badly need a player like him in d S.E.
Omeruo and onazi were 19 when they made their S.E debuts in 2012,Musa was 18 when he made his S.E debut(even before the U/20 WC).They didnt have to play for the U/23s first.
And these players aren't even half as talented as Iheanacho.
Also Most of the players we took to d beijing 2008 olympic games had already featured for d senior national team already.
AFCON next year might be too early but immediately after d U/20 WC,he should be integrated to d senior national team ASAP.
Even presently he is far better than most of d midfielders we took 2 d WC.
If you're good enough,you are old enough.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
naijanoni:
Get ur facts right.
At d age of 19,Messi featured at the 2006 world cup and even scored a goal.He even made his senior national team debut in 2005 at d age of 18.
In between that world cup and d olympic games,he also featured for d senior national team several times.
He didnt have to go through U-20 to U-23 before he could feature for the senior national team.
He played for the senior national team as well as the youth teams then.
Just like Musa who played several times for the senior national team before featuring at the U/20 WC.
I dont buy the idea of going through all the youth stages(U-17,U-20,U-23) before featuring for d senior team.
At least 19yrs is an okay age to feature for d senior national team especially when we badly need a player like him in d S.E.
Omeruo and onazi were 19 when they made their S.E debuts in 2012,Musa was 18 when he made his S.E debut(even before the U/20 WC).They didnt have to play for the U/23s first.
And these players aren't even half as talented as Iheanacho.
Also Most of the players we took to d beijing 2008 olympic games had already featured for d senior national team already.
AFCON next year might be too early but immediately after d U/20 WC,he should be integrated to d senior national team ASAP.
Even presently he is far better than most of d midfielders we took 2 d WC.
If you're good enough,you are old enough.

Besides, Nacho's real age is BTW 27-32, he doesn't v too many football yrs left!
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
wordychap:

Besides, Nacho's real age is BTW 27-32, he doesn't v too many football yrs left!

Lol

Now that's another topic all together
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
mikeansy:

Messi played in 2006 World Cup and scored for Argentina.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
wordychap:

If Nacho is 27 years old, that means he was 23-24 years old playing in the NFF Under 13 in 2010-2011.

Lie Small Small.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2014
wordychap:

Like seriously ?.You look at iheanacho and say he is between 27-32 ?.Bros abeg make una dey use una common sense.Is that how 30yr olds look ?.I havent seen a 30 yr old man that is as physically immature as iheanacho.
Only a dumb person would look at iheanacho and think he is up to 30.Except you're just joking.

2 Likes

Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 6:53am On Aug 10, 2014
naijanoni:
Like seriously ?.You look at iheanacho and say he is between 27-32 ?.Bros abeg make una dey use una common sense.Is that how 30yr olds look ?.I havent seen a 30 yr old man that is as physically immature as iheanacho.
Only a dumb person would look at iheanacho and think he is up to 30.Except you're just joking.
Personally know some athletes within that age range with same physical build and they're Nigerians!
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 6:59am On Aug 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: If Nacho is 27 years old, that means he was 23-24 years old playing in the NFF Under 13 in 2010-2011.

Lie Small Small.
Men I like Nacho more than u do but there's something we can't disprove, that Nigerians field over aged players in age grade football. Do some survey if u have d time, pick any U17 player n dig into his true age - primary schl etc. You'll b amazed at ur discovery. A friend played U 17 when he was 28 n he looked d youngest in that squad; not kidding. Besides, it was under 13 in 2009.

Pic of 17 indeed

Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Iheanacho should be given time to mature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkCwL-O8kPQ
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
wordychap:
Men I like Nacho more than u do but there's something we can't disprove, that Nigerians field over aged players in age grade football. Do some survey if u have d time, pick any U17 player n dig into his true age - primary schl etc. You'll b amazed at ur discovery. A friend played U 17 when he was 28 n he looked d youngest in that squad; not kidding. Besides, it was under 13 in 2009.

Pic of 17 indeed
How does that picture show Iheancho is Older than 17? You must be kidding. I am asking you, how does a 24 years old man play in an under 13 team? It is not true.

You have no proof of Nacho being overage, why push it?

Lie Small Small.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
wordychap:
Personally know some athletes within that age range with same physical build and they're Nigerians!
Explain to me how a player of 27-30 years old beat the MRI scan?

Go and read on the science behind it and go about peddling your fictional facts.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 7:10am On Aug 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Explain to me how a player of 27-30 years old beat the MRI scan?

Go and read on the science behind it and go about peddling your fictional facts.
I probably know more about MRI scan BC I work with it. Believe this; MRI scans of younger boys were presented as d MRI scans of our under 17 boys in one of d sets I was involved in. Telling u inside info, d scans were conducted in a hospital at Abj( wouldn't disclose) - some of the reasons I so distrust our govt. age grade policies, they set this thing up n still break them to probably prove to d world they're honest.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 7:12am On Aug 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: How does that picture show Iheancho is Older than 17? You must be kidding. I am asking you, how does a 24 years old man play in an under 13 team? It is not true.

You have no proof of Nacho being overage, why push it?

Lie Small Small.

If u can get me his pic when he was 'picked in 2008' as Under 13 of d 2009 batch I'll tell u how old he was then
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2014
wordychap:
I probably know more about MRI scan BC I work with it. Believe this; MRI scans of younger boys were presented as d MRI scans of our under 17 boys in one of d sets I was involved in. Telling u inside info, d scans were conducted in a hospital at Abj( wouldn't disclose) - some of the reasons I so distrust our govt. age grade policies, they set this thing up n still break them to probably prove to d world they're honest.
This is the bloodiest lie ever.

How come Maduabuchi Obinwa who would have been key to that team. One of the most promising teenage defenders in the World fail the test? Why not use a younger boys scan?

How come Bulbwa who was one of the star players of the team fail the test?

You got to be kidding me.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: This is the bloodiest lie ever.

How come Maduabuchi Obinwa who would have been key to that team. One of the most promising teenage defenders in the World fail the test? Why not use a younger boys scan?

How come Bulbwa who was one of the star players of the team fail the test?

You got to be kidding me.
What I'm telling u is d truth of what happened some years back, a colleague personally did d MRI scans, I'm not trying to underplay Nacho's talents, all I'm saying is he's OF AGE to play for d super eagles. Note that MRI scans to determine age checks for fusion/ossification of bones around d wrist ( mainly) which occurs within a certain age RANGE, its not so accurate n besides data used for comparism were generated from Caucasian research not Africans and most times there are differences in research findings between d whites n 'African' blacks race. This is my field bro, there're other regions that can be scanned to narrow down to greater accuracy d age of athletes but there's d argument of how ethically right MRI should be used for age determination in sports which stalls it. In Africans that I know of, many above 20 yr old do not have epiphyseal fusion whereas u can get d fusion in pple of lesser age in d western world's -diet and general wellbeing seems to play a part; they seem to mature earlier. The moral here is we should do more to desist from age grade cheat, it comes back to us some how. If Nigeria truly fields Under 17 players they'll really look so young; you'll see them in secondary schools mainly, I know doing this we may not do so well in this competitions but in d long run it'll pay us. Ghana used a purported U 22 team n almost took a nations cup, that was their TRUE national team. Let's give d young ones d chance n they'll perform. Nacho is of National team age.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
wordychap:
What I'm telling u is d truth of what happened some years back, a colleague personally did d MRI scans, I'm not trying to underplay Nacho's talents, all I'm saying is he's OF AGE to play for d super eagles. Note that MRI scans to determine age checks for fusion/ossification of bones around d wrist ( mainly) which occurs within a certain age RANGE, its not so accurate n besides data used for comparism were generated from Caucasian research not Africans and most times there are differences in research findings between d whites n 'African' blacks race. This is my field bro, there're other regions that can be scanned to narrow down to greater accuracy d age of athletes but there's d argument of how ethically right MRI should be used for age determination in sports which stalls it. In Africans that I know of, many above 20 yr old do not have epiphyseal fusion whereas u can get d fusion in pple of lesser age in d western world's -diet and general wellbeing seems to play a part; they seem to mature earlier. The moral here is we should do more to desist from age grade cheat, it comes back to us some how. If Nigeria truly fields Under 17 players they'll really look so young; you'll see them in secondary schools mainly, I know doing this we may not do so well in this competitions but in d long run it'll pay us. Ghana used a purported U 22 team n almost took a nations cup, that was their TRUE national team. Let's give d young ones d chance n they'll perform. Nacho is of National team age.
You are now talking of Africans bone's do not ossify early. Please, I studied Embryology and Histology. Explain why players like Bulbwa's bones ossified?

You said the results were switched. That is a lie. If it was so, Abuchi Obinwa and Bulbwa's results would have been fixed.

Secondly, many players failed the test, so your logic do not add up. The MRI scan was brought in as a means to tackle age falsification. Mostly in African and Sub-American regions.

The accuracy is high. So I wonder how your knowledge beats the professionals that pinned this system.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
wordychap:
Let me start with The Ghanaian team. I will use the best player of that team. That is Andre Ayew. His father was a professional footballer, Abedi Pele. He carried him during the 1994 nations cup, when he was suspended and not allowed to play the final against Cote d'Ivoire.

That shows you that a young African can compete at the highest stage.

Arsene Wenger once used a youth Arsenal team with an average age of 22 to beat a complete Newcastle team 5-0. So that Young team point does not hold.

From your point of African players bones not ossifying early, how come when it was first introduced, 15 of our players failed the test?

You said there are other regions of the body that can give more accurate report.

Please lost them and show me articles proving your fact.

The left wrist MRI scan has 99% accuracy.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
wordychap:
Not everybody was pleased by the introduction of MRI, Nigeria had lost 15 players after they were proven to be over-age. Nigeria's Football Federation President Sani Lulu said: "I’ll not use the MRI to disqualify my players." He felt that FIFA had sprung their decision to use MRI upon the nations.

Lulu wanted to invite the parents of the national under-17 players to verify their sons' ages. Nigerian Sports Minister Sani Ndanusa dismissed the parent verification system and stated the "whole world has gone digital and we're following suit. We're no longer in the analogue era."

Lulu stated that NFF did not need to scan players as it wasn't in the competition's rules and regulations. Ndanusa stated: "FIFA wants MRI scans used and we're going to adhere to that, simple.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by tbaba1234: 1:13am On Aug 12, 2014
wordychap:

If u can get me his pic when he was 'picked in 2008' as Under 13 of d 2009 batch I'll tell u how old he was then

https://www.nairaland.com/1516409/iheanacho-ezeh-obasi-baba-nigerian

Iheanacho with under 13s in 2010
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 4:13am On Aug 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

You said the results were switched. That is a lie. If it was so, Abuchi Obinwa and Bulbwa's results would have been fixed..
I didn't specify d set the switch I witnessed was made. All's gud. I respect ur opinion n leave u with.
Saw their pics, seriously I hardly see a 13 yr old these mature.
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by wordychap: 4:17am On Aug 12, 2014
tbaba1234:

https://www.nairaland.com/1516409/iheanacho-ezeh-obasi-baba-nigerian

Iheanacho with under 13s in 2010
Thanks for d pic.
Trying to spot kelechi though
but these look 13/14?
Re: CARTOON: Iheanacho, Man City And The Super Eagles by tbaba1234: 6:04am On Aug 12, 2014
wordychap:
Thanks for d pic.
Trying to spot kelechi though
but these look 13/14?

Yes they do!! Iheanacho I think is on the right.

Anyway, it clearly shows that the boy is a kid, the pic is from 2010.

I. He has clearly grown much taller showing that 13-14 is just about right. Definitely less than 16-17. Shows he is in the correct age range.

He says 18 in 2014, sounds correct. The margin of error is low.

If you say, he is 20 (worst case) , he still has a lot of room for improvement, which is great for Nigerian football.

He is definitely less than 20. If he says, he is 18. There is no reason to doubt.

(1) (Reply)

See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing / Juventus Keen On Mario Gotze / Match Report: Nigeria 4 Vs Ethiopia 0, Ike Uche, Peter Utaka Score Brace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.