Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Brooding Tips For Doc - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Brooding Tips For Doc (8063 Views)

How To Be Successful When It Comes To Brooding Poultry Chicks / In Need Of Brooding Stock Of Grasscutter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brooding Tips For Doc by begunatoye(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Brooding is a crucial stage for chicks, ito a large extent, it determines what 'adults' the chicks will be.Before the chicks arrive, ensure the brooding pen is warmed up to 32 degrees, if you are using charcoal,ensure all the smoke is allowed to escape by opening the covered sides. Arrange drinkers and feeders. Put antistress in the water. Do not put feed in the feeder yet. Allowing the chicks to drink enough water first before feeding them will allow them to rehydrate themselves - chicks are dehydrated after following transportation. Use antibiotics like neomycin,, or ooxytet-neomycin in drinking water for minimum of 5 dauys.The major cause of mortality at this stage is dehydration, low temperature and E coli. If you don't have a thermometer, observe the chicks' temperaturr, huddling indicate low temperatiure, chicks staying far away and or panting indicate high temperature, an even spread indicates an ideal temperature. If you've got questions on thiese tips, I am game

2 Likes

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Thanks for putting up dis thread. My question is what will the brooding stage vaccine programme look like and also their feeding regime during brooding stage, either broiler, cockerel or pullet. Thank u, anticipating ur response
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by begunatoye(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2014
With vaccinations, there iare various programmes, but from my experience of handling Broilers, layers and breeders, I will suggest this, Mareks at Day 1 usu done at hatchery, B1 between day 1 to day4 7tbetter to give in water), Gumboro give between Day 9 to 11 , lasota Day 18 , 2nd Gumboro Day 22 ,. You can repeat Lasota by Day 28. For the Feeding, the following is a guide chick's appetite wil eventual determine how much to feed. For pullets and cockerel, first week, feed 11g , then for subsequent weeks increase by 5 to 6g weekly. For broilers, brooding period is 10 to 14 days, first week 14g, 2nd week 34g. If you need brown layers, broilers (arbor acres and white cockerels of high quality , let me know

1 Like

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks for the info, i am very grateful. Pls sir, i was told that a day old chick is vaccinated on marek(subcutaneous) and newcastle(inra-occular) how true is this. Pls sir soon i would contact for d procurement of day olds but i would love to understand the ropes of this first. So pls sir lets keep this thread alive with more information
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by begunatoye(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yes, mareks is given at the hatchery at day 1n but for better response immunologically, it is better to give the first ND vaccine thru water by Day 4 via drinking water
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls sir are u saying dat d ND vaccine dat should be giving within the first 4days should be d usual LASOTA

1 Like

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by begunatoye(m): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
The first ND vaccine is B1 not lasota
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Thank you sir, the BI you mentioned sir, is it through INTRA OCCULAR(Eye drop) or d usual through water
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls sir can the B1 be gotten where they sell other poultry vaccine and if YES, is the name known as B1. Pls sir sorry i ask too many question
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 14, 2014
Juliana7: Pls sir can the B1 be gotten where they sell other poultry vaccine and if YES, is the name known as B1. Pls sir sorry i ask too many question
yes, d Op is rite abt everything; d writeup is exact n to d point. But it is not compulsory u giv d birds the B1 Vaccine. Generally; when birds take vaccine specifically they under go post-vaccine stress of up to at least 3days during which some number of the stock might feel withdrawn and anorexic in such a way that could affect their performance; and due to a number of other factors like quality of feeds being used, changes in sanitary measures, a little post-hatchery sign, temp changes & stale odour from their faeces that induce; CRD, intestinal & guts disturbances. What the chicks need at this stage of their development from day 2-6 is a blend of preventive drug & multi-vitamins into their water. So they get to rest at day 7-8 taking only multi-vitamins and then followed by their 1st gumboro vac @ day 9.

2 Likes

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ op, what is happening, ur thread hibernating, pls lets keep it active. How much do u sell ur DOC(broiler n cockerel) u can reach @ eobeli@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ agrotconsult, thank u sir for ur incisive analysis, pls sir which drug is called ALFASIRIN dat can be added alongside multivatamin
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by begunatoye(m): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sorry for the hibernation. I have been busy. I will email you the prices. B1 is a generic. Name, there are different brands. Given our climate and virulence of newcastle disease in our environs, B1 is necessary. You give antistress before and after vaccination.send a blank email to begunatoye@yahoo.com
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Juliana7: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ op, i ve sent u a message. Pls sir concerning d B1, if i go to veterinary store to buy dis B1 what will i ask for (pls sir d name)
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by jidewash(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
for poultry set up, building of pen house , battery cages, good point of lay.
call 08028457581

1 Like

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Dorammy(f): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
Chai! Dz kind fine thread jst quench like that! kiss
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Seyiflower(f): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Where are people on this trend please? I want to ask some questions and I will like to see people in the house .
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by begunatoye(m): 5:41am On Aug 03, 2016
I am here, ask your question
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
M
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by agfarm: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
good day everyone please how many bags of feed 150 chicks can consume from day old till 4 weeks. thanks
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Turks: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
Vaccines include lasota, Gumboro, fowlpox, Komarov, EDS.
Juliana7:
Thanks for putting up dis thread. My question is what will the brooding stage vaccine programme look like and also their feeding regime during brooding stage, either broiler, cockerel or pullet. Thank u, anticipating ur response
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Turks: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Whas the color of their poop? I suspect NCD. When was the last time you gave Lasota?
ApotiEriOluwa1:
Good day Doctor! Wanah appreciate u 4 creating dz thread, God bless u in return.
Pls sir I av an issue wt my broiler, av lost like 30 birds within 2weeks, dey av gud temperature, feed & drinks r okay, gud environment & drugs. But wot I discovered was dat dey wl be inactive, unable to eat, thin leg & later died. Pls wot can I do sir. Tanx 4 ur kind gesture.
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Turks: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Go ahead
Seyiflower:
Where are people on this trend please? I want to ask some questions and I will like to see people in the house .
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Turks: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Shoot
begunatoye:
I am here, ask your question

1 Like

Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2016
T
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by Turks: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
What's the source of your water? Also do you sanitize theit water? Meanwhile, isolate the sluggish and sick looking ones from the flock.
ApotiEriOluwa1:
, Some poop r normal, some av yellowish part, & some r dark. I gave dem Gumboro on day 9, waiting 4 day18 to administer Lasota... Thanks 4 d care & concern, God bless
Re: Brooding Tips For Doc by fordex3: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
Call Aquabiz & Agric Enterprises on 08189164502 for your Fingerlings & Juveniles,we sell day-old chicks,broilers-170 naira,pullets(layers)-250 naira,hybrid turkey-1,500,local turkey-550 naira,white cockrels-20 naira,black cockrel-75 naira,Noiler - 150,4 weeks broiler-600 naira,4 weeks cockrel-250 naira,.point of lay -14 weeks-1,350,old layers-950 naira,catfish fingerling -12 naira,catfish Juvenile -20 naira,Vitamin A fortified yellow cassava stem-50 pieces-700 naira,1 bundle-1,500 naira,Herbicides,weedout,sprayers -8 litres and 16 litres also availablie.We provide transport and logistics for point of lays and old layers,we are in Ibadan and supply anywhere in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

My 8 Most Interesting Agricultural Blogs In Nigeria / Want To Purchase Palm Kernel Cake (PKC)? We Supply! / Please; How Many Cabster Of Cassava Make A Ton Or Vice Versa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.