Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min (1296 Views)

5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. / How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by romoruyi(m): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
how to change ip address in less then a minute. For now it will take 2 to 3 minutes but with some practice you can do this within a minute.

• Click on "Start" in the bottom left corner of the screen.
• Click on "RUN"
• Type in "command" and click OK

You should be now at MSDOS prompt Screen
• Type "ipconfig /release" just like that, and press "enter"
• Type "exit" and leave the prompt
• Right-click on "Network Places" or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
• Click on "properties"

Now you should be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection", or something similar to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.
• Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
• Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
• Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
• Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is)
• Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
• Press the "Ok" button here
• Hit the "Ok" button again

Now you should be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.
• Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
• Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
• This time, select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
• Click on "Ok"
• Hit "Ok" again.
• Now you have a New IP address.
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by Fulaman198(m): 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
That only changes your local network IP address, not the IP address going outside to the network (Inside Global address). NAT will still translate the Inside Local IP address to the Inside Global IP address unless you statically configure NAT's Inside Global IP, but you can not because your ISP assigns your Inside Global IP address.
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2014
I know disconnecting the internet connection (removing the modem) and connecting back minutes later changes the IP address. Which other way can one achieve that aim without paying some folks online?
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by Bawss1(m): 1:40am On Aug 07, 2014
*facepalm*
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by Fulaman198(m): 2:47am On Aug 07, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: I know disconnecting the internet connection (removing the modem) and connecting back minutes later changes the IP address. Which other way can one achieve that aim without paying some folks online?

Don't know why I can't sleep, but you can't. The only reason why what you mentioned works is due to your ISP's DHCP server timing out and it assigning someone else your Inside global IP address

1 Like

Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2014
Thanks for the info

Fulaman198: Don't know why I can't sleep, but you can't. The only reason why what you mentioned works is due to your ISP's DHCP server timing out and it assigning someone else your Inside global IP address

@bolded grin grin
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by romoruyi(m): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2014
If you want a real IP changer try (Tunnel bear), it works very well...................Thats what i am rocking now

NIGERIALOLoCOM: Thanks for the info

@bolded grin grin
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2014
romoruyi: If you want a real IP changer try (Tunnel bear), it works very well...................Thats what i am rocking now

OK
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by Fulaman198(m): 1:52am On Aug 09, 2014
romoruyi: If you want a real IP changer try (Tunnel bear), it works very well...................Thats what i am rocking now

Does it change your Inside Global IP address? If it does then fine.
Re: Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min by romoruyi(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2014
it does i am always on america ip......try it out

Fulaman198:

Does it change your Inside Global IP address? If it does then fine.

(1) (Reply)

Is Spectranet Working In Bwari / 15.6" Moduleless laptop Screen For Sale / Fairly Used HP 2000 Battery For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.