Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. (29658 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / Tips On Planning An Out Door Wedding This Rainy Season. / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Deepfreezer(m): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
I and sunshine been talk abt dis before. rainy season is a no no period for outdoor events.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by EbirichBen(m): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
You are Wicked
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Bryan12(m): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
Wedding or no Wedding I prefer rain to sunshine anyday.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by neyur: 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
You forgot something,it also makes food sufficient because of low population.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Songitto(m): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Well, you still gat point
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Deepfreezer(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Genea: How i wan take make ma money bk?
are you wedding to raise fund?

1 Like

Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Kossyne(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Let me correct an impression. Wedding is not a profit making venture. It's a celebration. You invite your family, friends and well wishers to celebrate with you cos you ve foind some1 you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Now to the topic; personally I don't like crowd. I prefer 100-150 people attending my wedding. That way I ll ensure that they are properly attended to.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by LeoFish92(m): 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
am thinking of something unusual now.....am gonna hold my wedding as a VIGIL..... invited guests gonna forfeit their precious sleep! ......and it's biblical (story of the 10 virgins), but in this case nobody is expected to come with lamp, each must come with tiger gen......no gen no entrance!
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by nikkyshyne(f): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
Huh? How many points did the op highlight?

And how many makes any cogent sense

I am lost here. Someone should help me undecided
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Franky9584(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Harmattan is d best, try it
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mist100: This may sound funny. I know the rains bring a certain degree of inconvenience but there are advantages associated with the rains. My views are from one who provides wedding video and photography services.
1. The african skin isnt camera friendly because dark colors absorb light while bright colors reflect light. This explains why europeans appear photogenic in movies and pictures. So whats my point? During the rainy season, your skin is hardly exposed to the darkening effect of the sun hence a natural and harmless lightening or toning of your skin occurs. This makes your photographs and videos come out bright and crisp.

2.Guests are calmer during the rainy season. Heat makes everyone uneasy, restless and unkempt. I have been to events where everyone is busy fanning themselves and praying for the ceremony to be over.

Even with AC's on full blast, the fanning still continues. In such a circumstance, photographs and videos come out a bit scattered with fake and stressful smiles in your pictures.

So you may consider fixing your wedding on a day with mild rains.

SOURCE
http://weddingsbymax..com/2014/08/its-obvious.html
mtchew. Jst because of dz 2 reasons, I should risk ruining my party
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Nobody go spray you money for inside Rain cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Very funny
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by gebest: 3:54am On Aug 14, 2014
superior1: Most importantly,
You will have less mouths to feed, the rain will keep a good number indoor
then the food will waist.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by bigbozz(m): 6:29am On Aug 14, 2014
JUST FOR PICTURE? U SOUND FUNNY. U are whom u are not minding the deception in picture. different in picture, different in reality.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Exponental(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2014
Rain is never party friendly. Low turn out and inconveniences @ its peak.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Imoy(m): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2014
superior1: Most importantly,
You will have less mouths to feed, the rain will keep a good number indoor
Dose wey no get car.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by ayquad(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2014
Mist100: This may sound funny. I know the rains bring a certain degree of inconvenience but there are advantages associated with the rains. My views are from one who provides wedding video and photography services.
1. The african skin isnt camera friendly because dark colors absorb light while bright colors reflect light. This explains why europeans appear photogenic in movies and pictures. So whats my point? During the rainy season, your skin is hardly exposed to the darkening effect of the sun hence a natural and harmless lightening or toning of your skin occurs. This makes your photographs and videos come out bright and crisp.

2.Guests are calmer during the rainy season. Heat makes everyone uneasy, restless and unkempt. I have been to events where everyone is busy fanning themselves and praying for the ceremony to be over.

Even with AC's on full blast, the fanning still continues. In such a circumstance, photographs and videos come out a bit scattered with fake and stressful smiles in your pictures.

So you may consider fixing your wedding on a day with mild rains.

SOURCE
http://weddingsbymax..com/2014/08/its-obvious.html

You are 35% correct friend but you re talking if those who av the money to rent hall..How do you expect the average or the pool to rent hall when there is a free space in there area saving them of over 10 and above for just one day wedding...
They will rather prefer having their guests under a very sunny light and have their event planned wif the best location and a very good weather condition(I mean dry season).
Pls, Think about this.......!!!!
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Genea(f): 9:04am On Aug 14, 2014
Deepfreezer: are you wedding to raise fund?
no am nt,bt i must sah get 40 percent bk sah
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Genea(f): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2014
benswagtt: hahuhaheheeheheuhahu!!! Laf in parables.... Which money?
ma money
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by ceeceeco: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Is dat all? Just 2 reasons? I disagree 2 agree.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Mist100: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2014
ceeceeco: Is dat all? Just 2 reasons? I disagree 2 agree.

See o. Do you want more reasons?. someone initially said for the sake of copulation. LOL.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Mist100: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2014
EbirichBen: You are Wicked

Bros this is serious o. Wicked ke?
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by benswagtt(m): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2014
Genea: ma money
i wish u al d best... Dem 4c u make u marry?
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by LadyH(f): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2014
sandijey: My best friend is getting married September. Honestly fear dey catch me. Wiv all this ebola news. She is even scared that people might not come. Public gathering at this point in time is risky. embarassed
lol. I have a wedding to attend this month. Iono if I'm scared or not grin

1 Like

Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by rutibaby(f): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
The less the attendance. The less ur gifts. The lesser d fun & cheers. Lol.

The only advantage is dat u'll have someone 2 reduce d cold off ur body & d tension is gone.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Mist100: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
rutibaby: The less the attendance. The less ur gifts. The lesser d fun & cheers. Lol.

The only advantage is dat u'll have someone 2 reduce d cold off ur body & d tension is gone.

I concur with you on the last point.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by hisable2: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
PLEASE I DON'T SEE ANYTHING INSIDE THIS THREAD THAT WILL QUALIFIES IT FOR FRONT PAGE
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Godmystrength: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
HML
ledafaze: I had mine last month and another thing I can add is that ur food n drinks will be surplus and people will eat n carry go ....

Cos some people will leave on time whole some will stay back.

Hehehe
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Godmystrength: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kossyne: Let me correct an impression. Wedding is not a profit making venture. It's a celebration. You invite your family, friends and well wishers to celebrate with you cos you ve foind some1 you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Now to the topic; personally I don't like crowd. I prefer 100-150 people attending my wedding. That way I ll ensure that they are properly attended to.
To some people, that is a big crowd o.
Re: Why Your Wedding Should Be During The Rainy Season. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Godmystrength: HML

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boxers Hired To Fight At The Burial Of A Boxer In South Africa / Twin Sisters Marry On The Same Day In Calabar (Photos) / This tip is for newly weds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.