Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. (6349 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Work Abroad In South America, Ecuador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by DaaSlim(m): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Please kindly help me out.
I want to travel to Suriname, officially known as the Republic of Suriname, is a country on the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America.
But the country has no embassy in Nija.
Please how do i go about it. I means is it possible for me to apply online?
Please any link or better info is appreciated. Also, if anyone know anything about the country, i have read about it online but i like to shear experience with anyone who is presently in Suriname or who has lived in Suriname before.
Thanks.
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by monoformdude: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
DaaSlim: Please kindly help me out.
I want to travel to Suriname, officially known as the Republic of Suriname, is a country on the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America.
But the country has no embassy in Nija.
Please how do i go about it. I means is it possible for me to apply online?
Please any link or better info is appreciated. Also, if anyone know anything about the country, i have read about it online but i like to shear experience with anyone who is presently in Suriname or who has lived in Suriname before.
Thanks.

http://www.surinameembassy.org/visa_extension.shtml
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by naijaspeak(m): 2:33am On Aug 07, 2014
For the Republic of Suriname a dutch speaking country, you have to reach there through a transit travel arrangement as there is no direct flight from Nigeria to that country. You can transit through Brazil in South America since Brazil share borders with the country in itself or you can transit through Europe possibly through Holland, Germany, Portugal, or the United Kingdom.

But you might have to work out a visa arrangement for the country you will be transiting through.

To get a Suriname visa you can arrange a visa arrangement with the embassy of south africa to enable you travel to south africa to arrange your suriname visa.

You can find suriname embassy in south africa below.

The Embassy of the Republic of Suriname in Pretoria, South Africa
Groenkloof Forum Office Park, Suite #4
57 George Storrar Drive
Groenkloof, 0181
PO Box 149
Pretoria 0027
Republic of South Africa
Tel. no. : 0027 -12 346 7627
Fax no. : 0027 -12 346 0802
E-mail : embsur@lantic.net

There is suriname embassy in Brazil, but you have to arrange visa to get to Brazil first of all through the Brazilian embassy in Nigeria to enable you travel to Brazil to arrange for suriname visa at Suriname embassy in Brazil.

So it all involve a transit visa arrangement which you can not avoid completely.

alternatively you can travel to London ( UK ) and from there get to guyana or suriname or trinidad and tobago or barbados ( British airways ) and then work out your transit travel from there to reach suriname.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by swaystunna(m): 8:34am On Aug 07, 2014
Hian..wch 1 be Suriname again..where won't Nigerians go. Odikwa egwu undecided

5 Likes

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Originalsly: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
Suriname has strong ties with Holland. Easiest route via Holland....KLM/Suriname Airways. Hope you can speak Dutch.......and when it comes to law and order ....ehmmmm.......they don't play!

1 Like

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by frank94(m): 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
For the one that want info about suriname,make sure your girl friend is at the airport waiting for you the day your flight will touch down at suriname airport,because the immigration their wont laugh with you with that your green passport at the point of entry.Even with your invitation they can still deport you at the point of entry unless your girl is their to speak on your behalf .make sure you have your paid hotel booking not reservation.For your flight grin hmmmm no be small thingoo cheesy with ethiopian airline no transit visa,it will take you 2 to 3 days to suriname and will cost you 430k to 480k,because you will change flight in brazil that will take you to suriname.ET only stop in brazil then you connect with copa airline.With emmirate it will cost you 500k to 600k depends on the flight agent you meet.Then emmirate stops at brazil also and you connect with copa air line the same with SA airline.For transit in uk,holland and germany to suriname,you need transit visa and the flight ticket is around 350 to 380k depends on the time of your travel and agent you meet.But i will still advice you,stay back in nigeria carribbean women are not ones you can rely on,im here and i know how things work.if its europe i will advice you to go,atleast if anything home is near.A lot of nigerians are stranded in the carribbean and latin american countries no money to feed talk of flight ticket home 100 of nigerians are in the immigration camp in trinidad and tobago no money for ticket back home,even the ones that spend 2 to 3 hours on water just to cross over from latin america to the carribean and thinking things will be alright,but when they get to the carribean they meet the worst.immigration and border officails in good carribean countries does not laugh with nigerians and africans.Soon i will move back to nigeria and open a forum about traveling.Nigerians should be enlightened about traveling not all that glitters is gold.be warned use your money and start a good business that will benefit you and your family in future grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by DaaSlim(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
frank94:
For the one that want info about suriname,make sure your girl friend is at the airport waiting for you the day your flight will touch down at suriname airport,because the immigration their wont laugh with you with that your green passport at the point of entry.Even with your invitation they can still deport you at the point of entry unless your girl is their to speak on your behalf .make sure you have your paid hotel booking not reservation.For your flight grin hmmmm no be small thingoo cheesy with ethiopian airline no transit visa,it will take you 2 to 3 days to suriname and will cost you 430k to 480k,because you will change flight in brazil that will take you to suriname.ET only stop in brazil then you connect with copa airline.With emmirate it will cost you 500k to 600k depends on the flight agent you meet.Then emmirate stops at brazil also and you connect with copa air line the same with SA airline.For transit in uk,holland and germany to suriname,you need transit visa and the flight ticket is around 350 to 380k depends on the time of your travel and agent you meet.But i will still advice you,stay back in nigeria carribbean women are not ones you can rely on,im here and i know how things work.if its europe i will advice you to go,atleast if anything home is near.A lot of nigerians are stranded in the carribbean and latin american countries no money to feed talk of flight ticket home 100 of nigerians are in the immigration camp in trinidad and tobago no money for ticket back home,even the ones that spend 2 to 3 hours on water just to cross over from latin america to the carribean and thinking things will be alright,but when they get to the carribean they meet the worst.immigration and border officails in good carribean countries does not laugh with nigerians and africans.Soon i will move back to nigeria and open a forum about traveling.Nigerians should be enlightened about traveling not all that glitters is gold.be warned use your money and start a good business that will benefit you and your family in future grin grin

So i need almost 1million Naira. That is bullshit. I am not going to stay in Suriname. I only want to go on visitation. My woman has promise to pay all the money involved in the journey. But with this information, i prefer to stay back. I was once outside nija before, so i know how tough things are outside Nija. Mostly in countries where they don't like we blacks. All the same. Thank you and i pray God will make way for you to be home soon. You will not die in another mans land. #success

5 Likes

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by bigamile: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hi
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by emi14: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2016
Frank 04 are you still in Suriname

1 Like

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by onatisi(m): 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
DaaSlim:

So i need almost 1million Naira. That is bullshit. I am not going to stay in Suriname. I only want to go on visitation. My woman has promise to pay all the money involved in the journey. But with this information, i prefer to stay back. I was once outside nija before, so i know how tough things are outside Nija. Mostly in countries where they don't like we blacks. All the same. Thank you and i pray God will make way for you to be home soon. You will not die in another mans land. #success
If Nigerians and ppl still travel to tough places like Togo,south Africa,Ghana and even Liberia and they still make it eventually.then nothing stops you from making it anywhere you are or go. The major ingredients of success in travelling is God,purpose and planning. Never travel for travelling sake,never travel because all ur friends are travelling and never travel just because you are hungry. Have a definite purpose for travelling and make sure you plan towards that singular goal and objective then put it all in Gods hands.
Lastly,always make sure you plan towards coming back home because that is what will be ur inspiration and motivation
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by frank94(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2016
emi14:
Frank 04 are you still in Suriname
I'm not in suriname but I know much about the country because I have friend from that country.Both in dutch guyana and english guyana.The dutch guyana was letter changed to the name suriname.but the english one still maintains its name as guyana. cheesy hope your not confuse on what I explained.
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by expertman(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
frank94:
I'm not in suriname but I know much about the country because I have friend from that country.Both in dutch guyana and english guyana.The dutch guyana was letter changed to the name suriname.but the english one still maintains its name as guyana. cheesy hope your not confuse on what I explained.

@ Frank please whats the easiest way to get suriname from Nigeria.

Can i just dhl my documents to their south africa embassy or to their USA embassy?

Also can one apply without invitation lettter just paid hotel accomodation since its Tourist?
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by frank94(m): 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
expertman:

@ Frank please whats the easiest way to get suriname from Nigeria.

Can i just dhl my documents to their south africa embassy or to their USA embassy?

Also can one apply without invitation lettter just paid hotel accomodation since its Tourist?
There south african embassy would be the best option.you may need a tourist voucher to show the immigration at poe incase if you have no Invitation.but why suriname of all places,do you know how much it will cost you to get their without transit visa which you already know that schengen countries of neitherlands,germany or france which is the best transit route will never give you transit visa and you will endup taking the brazil route which will cost you much.I advice you to use your money for something good in nigeria than to fly to suriname and endup their as a slave like other nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by emi14: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2016
frank94:
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by emi14: 11:38am On Feb 20, 2016
Ok. Am in Nederland and I hv been looking for someone from their for certain directions
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Originalsly: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2016
emi14:
Ok. Am in Nederland and I hv been looking for someone from their for certain directions
Hmmm.... this is very interesting! Directions to where?...are you still on your way to Suriname?
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by emi14: 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... this is very interesting! Directions to where?...are you still on your way to Suriname?
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by emi14: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
Yes. Remember the relationship that exists between Suriname and Nederland. There is certain equipment I am advised to find in Suriname from Dutch company. So I need to be sure before traveling, according to my travel agent is gonna be a stressful journey.
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Originalsly: 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ic.... so you want direcion on how to get to Suriname? .... or to locate the ehmm... secretive equipment?
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Uae01Dirham: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
Bro I wan chat with you on something important.
frank94:

Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Uae01Dirham: 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
boss abeg do you have contact in suriname ?

i greet you
naijaspeak:
For the Republic of Suriname a dutch speaking country, you have to reach there through a transit travel arrangement as there is no direct flight from Nigeria to that country. You can transit through Brazil in South America since Brazil share borders with the country in itself or you can transit through Europe possibly through Holland, Germany, Portugal, or the United Kingdom.

But you might have to work out a visa arrangement for the country you will be transiting through.

To get a Suriname visa you can arrange a visa arrangement with the embassy of south africa to enable you travel to south africa to arrange your suriname visa.

You can find suriname embassy in south africa below.

The Embassy of the Republic of Suriname in Pretoria, South Africa
Groenkloof Forum Office Park, Suite #4
57 George Storrar Drive
Groenkloof, 0181
PO Box 149
Pretoria 0027
Republic of South Africa
Tel. no. : 0027 -12 346 7627
Fax no. : 0027 -12 346 0802
E-mail : embsur@lantic.net

There is suriname embassy in Brazil, but you have to arrange visa to get to Brazil first of all through the Brazilian embassy in Nigeria to enable you travel to Brazil to arrange for suriname visa at Suriname embassy in Brazil.

So it all involve a transit visa arrangement which you can not avoid completely.

alternatively you can travel to London ( UK ) and from there get to guyana or suriname or trinidad and tobago or barbados ( British airways ) and then work out your transit travel from there to reach suriname.
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Uae01Dirham: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
boss is your friend still in that suriname?

i need assistance from you or your friend . how do i contact you ?
frank94:
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by chukxie(m): 1:46am On Aug 20, 2020
More and more Nigerians are desperately seeking for escape routes out of Nigeria because the country, owing to the mismanagement of its wealth by our leaders is gradually becoming uninhabitable for average Nigerians. What a pity!
Re: Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. by Cousin9999: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2020
I would never go there. It's infested with Indians. But good luck to you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea / How To Get To Ikoyi From Oshodi? ? / What Is The Best Hotel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.