Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drugs To Africa - Obama - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drugs To Africa - Obama (678 Views)

HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drugs To Africa - Obama by oshokay(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2014
The Federal Government says it has reached out to the United States Centre for Disease Control to request for the unapproved Ebola drug Zmapp, for the treatment of affected persons in Nigeria but US President, Barack Obama said yesterday August 6th that it's too early to send the unapproved experimental drug, Zmapp serum to Africa where the outbreak of the Ebola virus has recorded more deaths and threatens human existence. Theserum has proven to be effective in treating Ebola cases as two American doctors who were infected with the virus in Liberia are currently being treated in the US and are said to have improved after the use of the drug. Continue...According to AFP, President Obama suggested that affected African countries should focus more on building strong public infrastructures."I think we have to let the scientist guide us. And I don’t think all the information is in on whether this drug is helpful".On whether he would help fast track the approval of the drug should medical experts conclude that the drug is effective, President Obama said;"I think it’s premature for me to say that because I don’t have enough information. I don’t have enough data right now to offer an opinion on that.”While stressing that the deadly virus is not airborne, Obama said"the countries affected are the first to admit that what’s happened here is the public health systems have been overwhelmed. They weren’t able to identify and then isolate cases quickly enough. As a consequence, it spread more rapidly than has been typical with the periodic Ebola outbreaks that occurred previously." According to him the US is currently working with their European partners as well as the World Health Organization (W.H.O) to provide resources to contain the virus.I don't know about you guys but to me unapproved drugs is better than nothing.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/early-send-experimental-ebola-drug-africa-obama/

http://oshokay..com/2014/08/too-early-to-send-ebola-unapproved.html
Re: Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drugs To Africa - Obama by sholikay(m): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2014
Unapproved drug,with hope of stil surviving,is better than none o..
Re: Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drugs To Africa - Obama by nike4love: 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
MEANIN 2 America equals 2000 africans
Obama is biased.

(1) (Reply)

Obama: Too Early To Send Zmapp To Africa / Some Information On Ebola Spread Prevention / Doctors Strike: NMA Says Its President Has Withdrawn His Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.