Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG (41002 Views)

HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Youth Corper Donates Drugs to reduce worm-related Infections In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by neighbourhud: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
A pharmaceutical research centre in Abuja, Ben Amodu Firms and Research Center, Saturday said it has submitted drug samples to the Federal Government that have the efficacy to tackle Ebola virus.

The Chairman of the Centre, Pharmacist Ben Amodu, said the centre had produced drugs for the treatment of haemorrhagic fevers, which could also be used for Ebola virus.

He said the drugs have been submitted to the committee set up by the minister of health recently on Ebola adding that

“We gave the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and World Health Organization (WHO) samples of the drugs but the WHO later phoned and said they were not supposed to verify Ebola drugs. I gave samples to the committee set by the Minister of Health on Ebola virus and I hope that due process will be followed in

He said the Centre was into research of neglected tropical diseases, adding that the drugs

He said, “We got the drugs that cure Leishmaniasis and they have been previewed. We invented a drug, DAABS 2 which also cures Dangue fever which is viral Hemorrhagic fever and as you know Ebola is also a viral Hemorrhagic fever. Their symptoms include fever, intense weakness of the body system, vomiting, diarrhea, headache and internal and external bleeding. If you remove the bleeding aspect the disease becomes typhoid and

"The International Organisation for Scientific Research based in US, Japan and India have also previewed us for the management of hepatitis A,B,C,D,E and F, of which we have treated so many people. We have a drug that stops bleeding, including those from cervical cancer and uncontrolled menstrual flow. Our drug called SAABMAL was tested by the World Health Organization to have 97 per cent effectiveness in all forms of fever symptoms, including

"Another drug, TAABS 2 also has effects on fever while SAAB 6 has very strong Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as confirmed by National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD). Also one other drug SAAB is a very good immune booster"

Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ebola-nigerian-research-firm-submits-sample-drugs-fg

71 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by kinxlink(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
8-)
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by phreakabit(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
neighbourhud: A pharmaceutical research centre in Abuja, Ben Amodu Firms and Research Center, Saturday said it has submitted drug samples to the Federal Government that have the efficacy to tackle Ebola virus.

The Chairman of the Centre, Pharmacist Ben Amodu, said the centre had produced drugs for the treatment of haemorrhagic fevers, which could also be used for Ebola virus.

He said the drugs have been submitted to the committee set up by the minister of health recently on Ebola adding that

“We gave the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and World Health Organization ([size=18pt]WHO) samples of the drugs but the WHO later phoned and said they were not supposed to verify Ebola drugs. I [/size]gave samples to the committee set by the Minister of Health on Ebola virus and I hope that due process will be followed in

He said the Centre was into research of neglected tropical diseases, adding that the drugs

He said, “We got the drugs that cure Leishmaniasis and they have been previewed. We invented a drug, DAABS 2 which also cures Dangue fever which is viral Hemorrhagic fever and as you know Ebola is also a viral Hemorrhagic fever. Their symptoms include fever, intense weakness of the body system, vomiting, diarrhea, headache and internal and external bleeding. If you remove the bleeding aspect the disease becomes typhoid and

"The International Organisation for Scientific Research based in US, Japan and India have also previewed us for the management of hepatitis A,B,C,D,E and F, of which we have treated so many people. We have a drug that stops bleeding, including those from cervical cancer and uncontrolled menstrual flow. Our drug called SAABMAL was tested by the World Health Organization to have 97 per cent effectiveness in all forms of fever symptoms, including

"Another drug, TAABS 2 also has effects on fever while SAAB 6 has very strong Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as confirmed by National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD). Also one other drug SAAB is a very good immune booster"

Source:
Nigeria News: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG - http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ebola-nigerian-research-firm-submits-sample-drugs-fg

Wait, WHO can't verify drugs . . . But USA's FDA can?!

36 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by seunlayi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
God that turn water to wine will turn this sample drug to a perfect drug. like to say Amen

354 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by nke001: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Here comes another proudly Nigeria Lab brewed drug for ebola virus!

This is no pesticide!

118 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by neighbourhud: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
nke001: Here comes another proudly Nigeria Lab brewed drug for ebola virus!

This is no pesticide!

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by estyvino(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
What can I say, Nigerian scientist researchers had been busy. I believe in this Nation. Peace!

94 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Dreal1247: 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
nke001: Here comes another proudly Nigeria Lab brewed drug for ebola virus!

This is no pesticide!

Tell me why the western world wont hate us. They are envious knowing fully well that we are unpredictable. Little wonder they prophecied the splitting of Nigeria knowing that united Nigeria is a big threat to their dominance.

127 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Dreal1247: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
US your drug will soon become useless to Nigerians.

75 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by phreakabit(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Guys, hold Ur horses. The Doc only submitted the drug for evalyation, trial and possible approval. . .Let's wait and be optimistic till results come out.

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Sunkyphil(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
hmmm it seems some people are just waking up,i blame d govt sha

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by lokoloko84(m): 5:23am On Aug 18, 2014
phreakabit:

Yah. This is what we should be talking about and not wasting our time on frivolous issues.
I expect the relevant authority to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Amhappy(f): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2014
This is great. We are getting somewhere. Let them try this asap

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by F117A: 8:22am On Aug 18, 2014
why is this not on the FP yet?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2014
We have the potential, we just need that push. May God bless all our efforts.

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2014
We say NO to HerbicideZmapp...
While We embrace Pesticide NanoSilver....
Here cums anoda playlet btw a baby n monkey.. Enjoy!

26 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2014
This is more like it. Kudos naija no be nano silver abi gold

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2014
Dreal1247: US your drug will soon become useless to Nigerians.

What's your problem with USA?

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Eldavido1: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2014
Even if this one doesn't wrk, let's keep trying, keep producing different products, soon we will hit the nail on the head. Viva naija! May God bless our hustle!

52 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Bryan12(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2014
What happened to NANOSILVER...... lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2014
"Let us have a world of ordinary people, so extra ordinary things will happen". Cobhams

We will make it.

13 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by egopersonified(f): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2014
Who says africans dont have it, let them clear road let us show them what we are made of.

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Eraddray(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2014
I was here
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Airforce1(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
I pray it works so that America will be put to shame

41 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
We're the russia of africa grin. America proposes, Nigeria opposes grin.

25 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by 3coins(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
impressive. . . I have said it before. . . Ebola has just been deliberately overrated by the western world. . . .happy for my country NIGERIA
#GodFirst

15 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Sammiel: 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Releasing an experimental drug for such a serious disease without testing such a drug on 'lower animals' like Baboons is just a waste of time and an opportunity for the westerners to make mockery of our dear country.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by QMark: 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
I wonder why the US and the US-controlled WHO get threatened each time there is news of potential solution to this Ebola from Nigeria/Nigerian.

America will soon call it rat killer.

20 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Dreal1247: .
Tell me why the western world wont hate us. They are envious knowing fully well that we are unpredictable. Little wonder they prophecied the splitting of Nigeria knowing that united Nigeria is a big threat to their dominance.

The western world hates you and they give you millions of dollars in grant every year,right?

They hate you and practically feed Africa right?

If the west wanted to get rid of Africa two nuclear war heads would have done the magic!

17 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by ayusco85(m): 10:11am On Aug 18, 2014
Nigerians are gradually taking up the challenge to prove that our scientist aren't obsolete as many people think. This is good news for Nigeria. I pray it works after trial. This ebola has caused enough damage already, we need to kick it out of nigeria ASAP.

Meanwhile, pls avoid eating apes and bats, they knw they re infected th ebola. Ask this chimp

13 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by hazyfm: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2014
Airforce1: I pray it works so that America will be put to shame
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ebola: Nigerian Research Firm Submits Sample Drugs To FG by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2014
phreakabit:

This isn't political
The drug either works or it doesn't. Simple and short

Why hasn't the drug been tested on the Ebola patients if it's effective.

Please be reasonable

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Kwara (5 Babies Same Time) / Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon / "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.