Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. (26269 Views)

Who Has The Best Team Of Super Heroes? Dc Comics Or Marvel? / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? / Combining Super Heroes In A Single Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2014
ALOBAM: not any more i see them as story spoilers

explains a lot.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 7:58am On Aug 10, 2014
igbsam:

Hiding your identity takes you one step ahead. Look at batman, nobody knows who he is......with his human identity, status, intellect, he can walk into anywhere and gather information without the enemies even knowing who he is. But Tony is all for show. Everybody knows who he is, where he lives and even his fancy gadgets. But Bruce is unpredictable. Only Superman knows he is Bruce Wayne and mind you, it took along time before superman know sef if not for lois lane.

I still don't get this hidden identity point.

Anyways, Take your time and reread your post and tell me its not in favour of Bruce Wayne.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by igbsam(m): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2014
firestar:

Magneto and Ironman. That's an unfair match o. grin
As I mentioned earlier, if Bruce needs to defeat Ironman, all he'll need is a magnet. grin

And you come up with Magneto...?
Wicked, I tell ya, wickid. grin

If there should be a match for Bruce, a mere human-it should be a Telepath such as the likes of Xavier.

Now that's one match I'll definitely love to see. cheesy See who gives the other a migraine. grin

grin I dey tell u

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by firestar(f): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2014
crudedude:

I still don't get this hidden identity point.

Anyways, Take your time and reread your post and tell me its not in favour of Bruce Wayne.

Batman is like Lagbaja.

He is someone you'd least expect to be Batman.

His ordinary playboy millionaire persona- what the world is made to believe-is his edge.

Everyone knows who Ironman is, and though its gains public trustworthiness, he is wide open. He is easy to read.
He counters this by relying on friends who shield his weak spots.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by parrotibaba(m): 8:24am On Aug 10, 2014
philfearon:
That guy is just blinded by his love for the mask..
not blinded by d love of mask ,if u truly hv read d mask's comic series den u would never compare peter petrieli to him
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Jaymaestro(m): 8:43am On Aug 10, 2014
firestar:

Magneto and Ironman. That's an unfair match o. grin
As I mentioned earlier, if Bruce needs to defeat Ironman, all he'll need is a magnet. grin

And you come up with Magneto...?
Wicked, I tell ya, wickid. grin

If there should be a match for Bruce, a mere human-it should be a Telepath such as the likes of Xavier.

Now that's one match I'll definitely love to see. cheesy See who gives the other a migraine. grin
Magneto is leagues above them even with prep 'Magneto will still win ' I have seen Batman counter telepathy with prep - probably get a magneto helmet .. but Bruce can't do what Magneto does with his powers - And Tony is very smart ' He'll beat Batman -Magnet 'Virus - kinda pathetic . you could come up with this when you've prepped up for Tony ' and he knows not about it at all even with Jarvis .
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2014
Nonso23:

Tony Stark's ability is very simple.
He can think about all the possible ways things could go wrong. His I.Q.
You don't seem to get what his suit is at all. It can mitigate against anything that can possibly go wrong and that includes the dark knight. The only flaw is energy source which he keeps on improving.

Batman's psyche is an ability if you talk or converse with him during a fight. Tony is smart. He'll just go ahead and smash Bruce to smithereens first then talk later .
Jarvis is to Iron man what the bat cave is to batman. Difference is, the former is ages ahead of the latter.
let's compare them side by side.
Tony's strength nd weaknesses.
Tony-higher tech's,so will probably give him like a 5 mins advantage. but cuz he lacks leadership nd strategy skills after the 5 minutes,when the opponent has gotten used to the bullish approach..he's toast..
points to back me up;a strip in the avengers series, when captain America was 'killed' by hydra nd the avengers were 'disassembled'.Tony calles them together.but due to his leadership incapabilities Hydra trashed them all.
truth is the reason batman is not so popular with people as tony is is mostly cuz of his seriousness. Tony appeals to everyone with his one liners,wise cracks.reckless behaviour and all those.
Batman-has the tech,though not as advanced as stark.but cuz of his cunning and leadership skills. he'll probably defeat his opponent.he can even defeat superman.
martial arts;have u ever witnessed a scenario where tony would be stripped of his 'iron' and has to defend himself.....yeah i tot so too,Noo!! because they (marvel comics) know how badly he would be if he left his suit. it's just recently that Tony started fighting with his bare fist.unlike batman qho combines gadgets nd martial arts.
...nd for those of y'all who are talkin bout smartness,Batman's like 'sherlock Holmes 'smart,while tony is just tech savvy.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Jaymaestro(m): 10:05am On Aug 10, 2014
Nonso23:

With half the I.Q tony sports, any virus the defender of Gotham comes up with could be rightfully considered as dead on arrival. Almost all of Tony's suits have Anti magnetic field shields. Batman just can't win this one, prep or no prep.

With prep though Tony could outsmart magneto. All he needs to do is resynthesize that power numbing drug the knocks down the Magneto's abilities and voila! he'll steal the victory. He is a genius, just a matter of a few books with a little more wine and we have the drug.

But magneto.... hmmm grin
Ironman can beat Batman but He'll always have trouble with Magneto - Magneto isn't a regular villain or your regular Magnetic Manipulator .. He controls em on subatomic level .
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Jaymaestro(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2014
Nonso23:

5mins ke?
That's a very funny understatement.
Jarvis alone is smarter than the batman not to talk of tony who designed it and IM is also a superior strategist reason why people see some of his split second decisions that save the day as flukes is because he does in the most unexpected manner unlike Bruce who keeps a stoic appearance when he performs his.
The reason why Iron man couldn't lead the avengers is the same reason why they were reluctant to admit him into the group in the first place. He, just like batman is a loner not a team player heck he even quarrels with Jarvis grin

Any one with superior intellect and a bit of kryptonite will defeat superman - (Supes is: all power, no sense).

Why is the IM called the IM. The suit. That taken out of the equation makes him A genius billionaire playboy Philanthropist.
Superman has sense but its Just your Wikipedia knowledge at G-intellect nothing more the rest goes to his Brawn .
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Graviton2(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2014
Here are mine:

10. Cyborg - Technopathy is cool especially when you are practically able to hack into any server and have access to all the security cams world wide - Go and watch Justice league: war and tell me what you think.

9. Captain America - He is the ultimate soldier (Tactics, Physical ability and Leadership skills) there is a reason why he is the leader of the avengers.

8. Aqua-man - Practical invulnerability, ability to communicate with all aquatic organisms including tiny microbes and huge krakens and the power to wield Poseidon's Trident no be beans, he took on Cyborg, Batman, Flash and several soldiers singlehanded and beat the hell out of them - watch Justice league: The flash point paradox

7.Green lantern - I would have given him a higher position because he can do basically anything he can imagine but he is limited by his ring and fear, so it took down his rating.

6. Doctor Strange - He is the Sorcerer supreme and he probably has the ability and power to put Superman in the hospital for an extended period of time.

5. Iron man - Rich, genius level intellect, high tech battle armor and a very extended life span owing to a life source of pure energy. I read a comic last year, Tony Stark was still alive in year 4078 and he still looked 31 — Imagine!

4. Batman - He is a MAJOR tactician , well versed in about 56 modern forms of physical combat, extended military training, access to high tech gadgets and he has a detailed knowledge of the weaknesses of most superheroes: Watch Justice league: doom

3. The green Goliath, Hulk - Near Infinitesimal amounts of strength and power as relative to how angry he is and how angry his opponent continues to make him (in banner's voice - The angrier Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets)

2. Wonder Woman - Diane is virtually more powerful than most superheroes, infact she was powerful enough to kill Hera, a Greek goddess.

1. Superman - I don't need to say much, y'all already know what it is

Adds - Dr. Manhattan - Touted by many to possess the power of a god, He can do anything you can imagine. You'd have to crazy to go up against him. My only problem with him is he lacks emotion and the dude is naked. undecided

Thor is a bit overrated if you ask me, but quite powerful too.

Spiderman is also quite resilient, his stature may be somewhat small but he has taken down very powerful foes.

For y'all saying Iron man is stronger than Batman, ask yourself this: Take off both their suits, who do you think will win in a free-for-all physical match of strength, resourcefulness and endurance?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2014
firestar:

Batman is like Lagbaja.

His ordinary playboy millionaire persona- what the world is made to believe-is his edge.

Everyone knows who Ironman is, and though its gains public trustworthiness, he is wide open. He is easy to read.

Forgive my being groggy this morning. I still don't get what huge 'edge' Batman has here because of hiding his identity.

So if Tony Starks were to hide the fact that he's Ironman he'll have an edge? how?

If the world knew Bruce to be Batman he'll be weaker? You know he's a lone ranger most times right? No possible family targets.

Does this mask Batman put on stop him from being smart and a master strategist?

Does it give him his many fighting techniques and fearlessness?

I do agree that Tony has more toys to play with. Which further emphasizes his weak nature.

Its funny seeing guys mention Jarvis being smarter than Bruce and it/he was created by Tony. If Tony is so smart why does he need an AI sidekick?
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by UjSizzle(f): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2014
When this is done, let's have shawarma grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 11:38am On Aug 10, 2014
Graviton2 preach jare. I watched JL: War recently and I couldn't stop feeling Batman.

Is Aquaman in JL: War?
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2014
UjSizzle: When this is done, let's have shawarma grin

and ogogoro grin
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by igbsam(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2014
firestar:

Batman is like Lagbaja.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't know what's hard for that guy to understand.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2014
igbsam:

Thanks for the explanation. I don't know what's hard for that guy to understand.

of course she speaks your mind grin
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by igbsam(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2014
Nonso23:

With half the I.Q tony sports, any virus the defender of Gotham comes up with could be rightfully considered as dead on arrival. Almost all of Tony's suits have Anti magnetic field shields. Batman just can't win this one, prep or no prep.

With prep though Tony could outsmart magneto. All he needs to do is resynthesize that power numbing drug the knocks down the Magneto's abilities and voila! he'll steal the victory. He is a genius, just a matter of a few books with a little more wine and we have the drug.

But magneto.... hmmm grin

And you think Magneto can easily be taken down like that. Irom Man relies on Jarvis to hack computers and get informations from opponent's mainframes. Remember, Magneto is no Technology villain. He does his thing just the way he sees it. Jarvis needs information about Magneto which he will pass to Tony Stark for him to find a way to bring him down. But Batman only needs to have a chat with Magneto and in a few mins of dat chat, he would be able to know his weakness. He knows the words to say to him that would make Magneto say the things he wants to hear. And right there with his pouch, and his communication with the bat cave, he knows what to do. So comparing fights with Magneto, Batman will Edge Iron Man hands down. Trust me!
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Graviton2(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2014
crudedude: Graviton2 preach jare. I watched JL: War recently and I couldn't stop feeling Batman.

Is Aquaman in JL: War?

I'm sorry, I actually meant Aqua-man in Justice league: Flashpoint paradox, I have modified my post.

Batman was too good in Justice league: war. Flash and Wonder woman were good too, especially when they gorged Darkseid eyes out — I was clapping at that point.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by crudedude(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm sorry, I actually meant Aqua-man in Justice league: Flashpoint paradox, I have modified my post.

Batman was too good in Justice league: war. Flash and Wonder woman were good too, especially when they gorged Darkseid eyes out — I was clapping at that point.

Justice League: War was epic. Its something anyone will want to watch over and over again. All the characters were so so on point. I've never seen Green Lantern that creative before.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by igbsam(m): 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Justice League: WAR.......if you haven't watched it as a comic fan, then u ain't a fan. That was some tight shyt the JL had with Darkside. I happen to say at the end that Darkside was a villain above all villian. That guy no dey for the episode o! He was sent back and portal shut. They can't kill him. Though when he lost his eyes, I couldn't hide my joy. The guy nearly finish the whole JL team with his armies. If he had succeeded in transforming superman totally, it would have been disastrous. Kudos to Batman for his fast thinking ability. He put his life on the line to save superman. Cyborg and Shazam...men, those guys sha. They had to take down darkside as a team. Infact i need to watch am again....I dey come. Fighting Darkside and wanting to save superman.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by philfearon(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
ALOBAM: he's actually right . Petrelli stands no chance against THE MASK smiley
Am sorry for u too... You know nothing like John snow..
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
crudedude:

Are you a comic book fan? (I don't mean reading random issues. I mean hardcore comic fan who is very much up to date)

if yes, do you sincerely believe Tony will take out Bruce?

yes. batman's "ojoro" as i like to call it only works when the justice league are there to increase his resources. batman is not all tooo spectacular when its his own story.
for the records ,some thugs beat him black and blue an he had to carry a gun for round two.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by philfearon(m): 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
parrotibaba: not blinded by d love of mask ,if u truly hv read d mask's comic series den u would never compare peter petrieli to him
Bro,Peter is like every other hero out there put together.... He is the ultimate Super hero
.The idea of just creating the Ultimate SuperHero is what brought about His mimicry ability...And am sure no Super hero will love to fight him..

Secondly,the winners in all superhero fights are decided by fans anyway..Whoever gets the bigger vote by fans win...So no matter what we rant on here,its all in our head!!
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
igbsam: MAGNITO will take care of IRON MAN anyday anytime, but Bat Man ? Bat man would think of a virus that would neutralize magnito even before they meet. He is always one step ahead of His enemies. He always have his plans worked out. So you guys shouldn't even compare iron man to batman. Iron man relies on his suit, batman relies on his intellects. He calculates before making moves. BATMAN takes it over IRON MAN

lol... i dont think you have the slightest of idea who magneto is. what virus are you blabbing about about, ebola?
magneto at his strongest form can move the entire planet. he can manipulate the irons in your blood. One time he wiped out the entire planet with one move, and you say batman will do what again?

without superman to back him up, batman is just batman
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Graviton2(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

yes. batman's "ojoro" as i like to call it only works when the justice league are there to increase his resources. batman is not all tooo spectacular when its his own story.
for the records ,some thugs beat him black and blue an he had to carry a gun for round two.

Go and watch Batman: Dark Knight returns animation

It was in the future, Bruce Wayne was 60, yet he still managed to defeat a new evil in Gotham. Watch it before you make another wrong statement.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by igbsam(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

lol... i dont think you have the slightest of idea who magneto is. what virus are you blabbing about about, ebola?
magneto at his strongest form can move the entire planet. he can manipulate the irons in your blood. One time he wiped out the entire planet with one move, and you say batman will do what again?

without superman to back him up, batman is just batman

But you do know that batman is not made of iron. What i'm saying is this, Batman is somehow a scientist in his own world and can come up with a serum to take out the power of magneto just the same way it happend in X-Men where they got an antidote from that boys blood to neutralize mutants and turn them into humans. Batman is a fast thinker and can come up with such or go as far as looking for something to bring him down. Just the same way he went ahead to get the kryptonite for superman's weakness. You guys should not even compare BATMAN and IRONMAN shikena!
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Graviton2(m): 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
crudedude:

Justice League: War was epic. Its something anyone will want to watch over and over again. All the characters were so so on point. I've never seen Green Lantern that creative before.

Very correct.

Let me recommend some more for your viewing pleasure

Watch Justice league: Flash point paradox, You will see a different side to the Justice league, an alter reality.

Also watch Justice league: Crisis on Earth one, you will see a new alternate Justice league, these ones are heartless and ruthless. You'll see Johnny Quick (Flash's alternate reality), Power ring (Green lantern alternate), Super woman (Lois lane alternate), Ultra man (Superman alternate) and Owl man (Batman's far more intelligent and stronger alternate)
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Graviton2(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
igbsam: Justice League: WAR.......if you haven't watched it as a comic fan, then u ain't a fan. That was some tight shyt the JL had with Darkside. I happen to say at the end that Darkside was a villain above all villian. That guy no dey for the episode o! He was sent back and portal shut. They can't kill him. Though when he lost his eyes, I couldn't hide my joy. The guy nearly finish the whole JL team with his armies. If he had succeeded in transforming superman totally, it would have been disastrous. Kudos to Batman for his fast thinking ability. He put his life on the line to save superman. Cyborg and Shazam...men, those guys sha. They had to take down darkside as a team. Infact i need to watch am again....I dey come. Fighting Darkside and wanting to save superman.

Darkseid can't be killed. The guy is just TOO strong.
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
Graviton2: Here are mine:

10. Cyborg - Technopathy is cool especially when you are practically able to hack into any server and have access to all the security cams world wide - Go and watch Justice league: war and tell me what you think.

9. Captain America - He is the ultimate soldier (Tactics, Physical ability and Leadership skills) there is a reason why he is the leader of the avengers.

8. Aqua-man - Practical invulnerability, ability to communicate with all aquatic organisms including tiny microbes and huge krakens and the power to wield Poseidon's Trident no be beans, he took on Cyborg, Batman, Flash and several soldiers singlehanded and beat the hell out of them - watch Justice league: The flash point paradox

7.Green lantern - I would have given him a higher position because he can do basically anything he can imagine but he is limited by his ring and fear, so it took down his rating.

6. Doctor Strange - He is the Sorcerer supreme and he probably has the ability and power to put Superman in the hospital for an extended period of time.

5. Iron man - Rich, genius level intellect, high tech battle armor and a very extended life span owing to a life source of pure energy. I read a comic last year, Tony Stark was still alive in year 4078 and he still looked 31 — Imagine!

4. Batman - He is a MAJOR tactician , well versed in about 56 modern forms of physical combat, extended military training, access to high tech gadgets and he has a detailed knowledge of the weaknesses of most superheroes: Watch Justice league: doom

3. The green Goliath, Hulk - Near Infinitesimal amounts of strength and power as relative to how angry he is and how angry his opponent continues to make him (in banner's voice - The angrier Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets)

2. Wonder Woman - Diane is virtually more powerful than most superheroes, infact she was powerful enough to kill Hera, a Greek goddess.

Adds - Dr. Manhattan - Touted by many to possess the power of a god, He can do anything you can imagine. You'd have to crazy to go up against him. My only problem with him is he lacks emotion and the dude is naked. undecided

Spiderman is also quite resilient, his stature may be somewhat small but he has taken down very powerful foes.

For y'all saying Iron man is stronger than Batman, ask yourself this: Take off both their suits, who do you think will win in a free-for-all physical match of strength, resourcefulness and endurance?

did i just read you say thor is overrated? like seriously? what do you know about Rune king thor?
go and browse about Rune kng thor and try edit that shit you have there abeg
Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Super Heroes. by Jaymaestro(m): 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Graviton2: Here are mine:

Batman vs Ironman stripped of gadgets and suit = Batman [ for this consider spiderman vs Batman instead ]
Random Encounter Suits on = Ironman
Preparation = either ways
Thor is inconsistent ' In no way is he overrated - He's made to topple Hulk but the writers mostly favours Hulk .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Learn Hopw To Play The Saxophone Within Three Months. / Is Nudity & Porn In African Movies An Evolution Or Regression? / #bbnaija: Miracle’s Fans Held A Rally For Him Today, See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.