Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (27520 Views)

Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards / Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by englishmart(m): 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
NickiRoman: ..Why do you lie too muchundecided
what is the meaning of this rubbish? undecided
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Xpressafricamag(m): 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
cool to help spread his,we have culled your write up on our site and pray that necessary authorities would look into it.
[/xpressafrica..com]

www.xpressafrica..com
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by obyrich(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
ayobase:

everybody I knew then got his/hers
Nobody got his in my school.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
crisycent:

Grow up dude. Infact GO And DIE
YES, I will.. After all your generation has been exterminated grin grin grin grin
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by 1miccza: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
francawilson: Evrythng abt Nigeria is a fraud.We won't b surpriced dat someone is diverting dat money&using it 2live large while the young&future leaders of d country are suffering. SMH

That's actually what's happening and it's an appalling situation....
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by tabaralph: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
am very sure that this funds has been released but fraudlently lodged in some of the GOD forsaking officers fixed deposit bank account to yield unmeritted interest for them,their generations unborn will pay for it,God will see you through ,,,,,

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Ishilove: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
Braggante:

There you go again, making no sense at all.

Do you have people around you who can read your comments before you post them? Or are they as empty as you and applaud your barrenness?

You can stay and 'fight', remember a man fights for what is his right. A scholarship is a privilege and responsibility, which can be stopped when the donor deems fit. You have no right to fight. It is not an entitlement, you tool!

But you wouldn't understand that now, would you? Well then, while you pack your bags and do as i graciously advised, get someone to interpret it for you. Cheers!
This is cold and brutal... embarassed shocked
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by crisycent: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ogbeche77: YES, I will.. After all your generation has been exterminated grin grin grin grin

Idiota
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Besto(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
obyrich: You are quite on point. That's how they diverted our I.T. money in 2009. Wetin pain me pass be say na for NEPA I do my own wey no pay me shishi.
lmao...my guy ...u no climb pole well.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
hydeka:

They did not choose the countries themselves! or did you hear/read otherwise?
So the federal govt chose the schools they applied to and gave them admissions there, right?
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmm can you. See nao kudos nd RIP for d Dead Man Fela anikulapo kuti I jst dey see y dat man dey pack swear give our govt pple Baba obasanjo,Mko,yar adua snr,Babagida dem all dis useless fool no leave gud legacy at all abeg I knw won talk B cause I dey vex useless govt dem well I dnt BLAME dem wen dere pikin knw dey dere if too say na dem minister or senitors pikin dey dere nao den go don pay 2030 money down. After nao den go bring one useless nd foolish minister. Sen, or any high position man pikin den go dey give am ambassador for PEACE TOURISM under 18 pikins dem TEAM OTEDOLA daughter nd many more Derisgod shaa make una continue una JUJU still dey work
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Natifa(f): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Guys i feel ur pain. But i don't think ur situation has gotton to a point of desperation, if it had, u won't be talking about a peaceful protest. Silent protest ke? Then maybe u guys are just broke, not stranded yet.
Guys we all knw that right 4rm ancient times, the people of nigeria suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force! So get in a rage, get fierce, without any vandalisation or harm give them a real scare over at the embassy. Like a threat{not in words but with action} let them understand that u knw ur rights and that u are demanding it. And i promise u ur needs wil be met in two days not two weeks.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by obyrich(m): 5:30am On Aug 10, 2014
Besto:
lmao...my guy ...u no climb pole well.
Not for once. I was with the Transmission company of Nigeria 330 kVA station, Alaoji.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 6:32am On Aug 10, 2014
optimusprime2:
So the federal govt chose the schools they applied to and gave them admissions there, right?

yes.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by delishpot: 7:45am On Aug 10, 2014
Well, the worst part is, even a new govt from a new party complaining against a certain rulling party's innability to better naija well will do more evil if they get a chance to rule naija.
In Nigeria sha, I have lost hope I do not believe any leadership will be better than the past one. It seems they all wait in line to chop and chop and then buy oil well or big farms and move on to the god father position. Each new one is worse than the one it replaces.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by lockupman(m): 10:12am On Aug 10, 2014
I almost clapped for your reasoning until I saw your last statement '...vote out PDP'...I am not a partisan person, but who told you that any party in Nigeria is clamoring for the good of Nigerians. Whether PDP or APC, all of them are fighting for their selfish interest...Nigeria will not be good until we destroy it and start afresh...Nigerians listen more to violence than to the voice of peace...but I pray heads will not roll before this country wakes up and do things right. Any good head that travels out doesn't think of coming back. Its a disgrace. Our best brains are not in Nigeria, even the few ones here are battling to leave this country. We are suffering in the midst of plenty. I weep for Nigeria. The best thing anyone that give to his children is dual citizenship (with one mandatorily coming from a highly developed country).

Braggante: Go to any police station, tell them you want to be deported home.
Or pack your bags, go to the immigration office and register your displeasure with the country. Remember to tell them youre a Nigerian. Im sure you will get a free ticket home.
Then come home, dust your cv and join us to vote out PDP next year.
Best of luck!
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Braggante(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
lockupman:
I almost clapped for your reasoning until I saw your last statement '...vote out PDP'...I am not a partisan person, but who told you that any party in Nigeria is clamoring for the good of Nigerians. Whether PDP or APC, all of them are fighting for their selfish interest...Nigeria will not be good until we destroy it and start afresh...Nigerians listen more to violence than to the voice of peace...but I pray heads will not roll before this country wakes up and do things right. Any good head that travels out doesn't think of coming back. Its a disgrace. Our best brains are not in Nigeria, even the few ones here are battling to leave this country. We are suffering in the midst of plenty. I weep for Nigeria. The best thing anyone that give to his children is dual citizenship (with one mandatorily coming from a highly developed country).

You re absolutely right sir and i cant fault your reasoning. PDP or APC or etc are all birds of a feather all bound by greed, corruption and quest for power.
There is no viable alternative to these blood sucking ticks unfortunately. So, if we may just try a change, taste a different leadership, wev had enough of pdp, lets see what another can come up with. We cant keep doing the same thing same way yet expect different results. And thus my comment on voting out pdp.

Also, should we succeed in evicting pdp at the centre, we show any incumbent party that getting elected doesnt prevent being unseated for nonperformance.
But then, the number of the arrogantly ignorant and sentimentally blinded in Nigeria makes beneficial change difficult.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Gwan2(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Somtymz am juz scared goin 4 my msc on federal govt of Nig scholarship programs....dnt knw y d fear keep lingerin in ma mind, mayb coz i dnt hav any Financial backin to fall on in case of eventualities ås this........Imagine nt faring well in a fo[color=#990000][/color]reign land wer no support, no mama food joint to go hav ur Daily meal n pay at mnth end.....no smal huzzle to get a paycheck to keep body n soul.... no Keziah to com help u get rid of excessive semenz ur testes might hav generated ,restrictn of movement, restrictn to laugh, restrictn to even fart...

Omo no Place lyk hom....FG plz do d needful
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
spiralwedge:

yes.
Hahahahahahahaha (Laughing in Turkish)
you must be a learner...
let me tell you how it works because I have relatives who were beneficiarie's of the F.G "Scholarshop".
Firstly, you apply to the school overseas and when you are given the admissions, you fill out forms at the ministry of education with your foreign admission letter and credentials to the available f.g scheme, usually the scholarship in given on merit.
now most people prefare Russia, Ukraine, Belarus et al because TOEFL's, GRE's, SAT's, IELTS, GMAT's and the rest of such standard exams are not prerequisites in gaining admissions there, now of course these exams are expensive to register and quite a handful too, so why wont people dodge it if they find a way it can be dodged? but they payoff because having such exam results increases ones options in oversea study as one stands a better chance of gaining admissions in Univ/colleges in advanced and stable countries eg USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, western EU etc...
Now if they had gained admission in an Australian uni basically if they were at Australia for Eg, who would have cared if the Govt did'nt pay scholarship stipends?? except a very lazy person anyway...
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2014

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2014
FibbA: Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship is not exactly the same with other scholarship scheme. I think you should learn this if you already know everything.

Oh the BEA scheme, well I know the BEA scheme still offers better countries asides Russia and Ukraine... Russia, China,
Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania,
Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece,
Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia,
Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia... I just checked their site. and thats a list of what I saw.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2014
optimusprime2:
Hahahahahahahaha (Laughing in Turkish)
you must be a learner...
let me tell you how it works because I have relatives who were beneficiarie's of the F.G "Scholarshop".
Firstly, you apply to the school overseas and when you are given the admissions, you fill out forms at the ministry of education with your foreign admission letter and credentials to the available f.g scheme, usually the scholarship in given on merit.
now most people prefare Russia, Ukraine, Belarus et al because TOEFL's, GRE's, SAT's, IELTS, GMAT's and the rest of such standard exams are not prerequisites in gaining admissions there, now of course these exams are expensive to register and quite a handful too, so why wont people dodge it if they find a way it can be dodged? but they payoff because having such exam results increases ones options in oversea study as one stands a better chance of gaining admissions in Univ/colleges in advanced and stable countries eg USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, western EU etc...
Now if they had gained admission in an Australian uni basically if they were at Australia for Eg, who would have cared if the Govt did'nt pay scholarship stipends?? except a very lazy person anyway...

thrash

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 12:35am On Aug 11, 2014
FibbA: Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship is not exactly the same with other scholarship scheme. I think you should learn this if you already know everything.

spot on

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2014
spiralwedge:

thrash
please kindly explain what you mean by "Thrash"?
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2014
spiralwedge:

thrash
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 6:31am On Aug 11, 2014
FibbA: You just checked their site and saw the list you mentioned below. So why are they hiding the other better countries from the public? Please share with us so that we can also know. Maybe it is true and those spots are reserved for ''special'' Nigerians. So long as Im concerned, the BEA scheme is between Nigeria and these countires you just mentioned except some thing have changed.

@Fibba: no be from my mouth you go hear say "okra dey draw"
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by HastaCuando(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities. / Monday Omo-Etan: OAU Suspends Lecturer For Sexually Harassing Teenage Student / Kaduna Polytechnic Expells Students For Exam Malpractice (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.