Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,434 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant (9706 Views)

Water Or Coolant For Radiator / What Does Your Coolant Gauge Read? / Can I Get Toyota Sienna That Is Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please does anybody know where I can get the Toyota Recommended Coolant for my new 2AZ Engine? Also it was advised to mix coolant with distilled water, where will I get distilled water?
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by mayor2013: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2014
kiss
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 5:43am On Aug 08, 2014
mayor2013: Call 08165520837 if you need toyota coolant. Distilled water is normal tap water

@Mayor Thanks so much for coming to my aid.
Please can I buy bottled water in place of the distilled water?

Also please do you know where I can get Mobil 1 0w-20 or 5w-20 oil in Lagos?
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by fidelio2002: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2014
Go online And order from konga.com, they av all u want concerning engine oil at a reasonable price.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by sammily(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
mayor2013: Call 08165520837 if you need toyota coolant. Distilled water is normal tap water

Pls point of correction; distilled water is NOT tap water. Distilled water is pure H2O with no dissolved minerals or impurities inside. Tap water on the other hand contains lots of dissolved minerals like calcium and sometimes iodine. This is why you see scales inside your kettle after some period of use. It's this scales they are trying to prevent inside the coolant channels in the engine block thus request to use distilled water only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Bossmd:

@Mayor Thanks so much for coming to my aid.
Please can I buy bottled water in place of the distilled water?

Also please do you know where I can get Mobil 1 0w-20 or 5w-20 oil in Lagos?

I av mobil1 5w20 fully synthetic oil 4.8 litres(5.1quartz) for sale at 12k each. And oil filter genuine oem 90919-YZZF1 for v4 camry (muscle) and some rav4 models for 4k each

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Stylz69(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2014
The recommended Toyota coolant comes pre-mixed so you do not need distilled water. It is the Toyota pink radiator coolant in a black bottle; comes in 1 liter and 4 liter containers pre-mixed.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by dinyelutochukwu: 10:59am On Aug 10, 2014
tumababa:
I av mobil1 5w20 fully synthetic oil 4.8 litres(5.1quartz) for sale at 12k each. And oil filter genuine oem 90919-YZZF1 muscle and some rav4 models for 4k each

@TUMBABA, I'm in dire need of the Mobil 1 5W20 oil, how do I contact you?
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 10, 2014
dinyelutochukwu:

@TUMBABA, I'm in dire need of the Mobil 1 5W20 oil, how do I contact you?

Im at ogudu ojota. U can contact me thru 08053250698 d bbm at 2AF69725 or email tumababa247@yahoo.com

I av 3 left. Next shipping will be 5w20 and 5w30 5quartz
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Stylz69: The recommended Toyota coolant comes pre-mixed so you do not need distilled water. It is the Toyota pink radiator coolant in a black bottle; comes in 1 liter and 4 liter containers pre-mixed.

Just bought this from d us. Cost 14k for 2 gallons(4ltrs each)

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 11:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
tumababa:

Just bought this from d us. Cost 14k for 2 gallons(4ltrs each)

Call this no for the recommended Toyota Coolant
0803 303 6167.

That's where I got mine from. Store is at Anthony and Maryland, Lagos. He sells genuine OEM products. I got two gallons of 4 litres for 5k each. I guess it's much cheaper than importing them.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 11:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
tumababa:

Im at ogudu ojota. U can contact me thru 08053250698 d bbm at 2AF69725 or email tumababa247@yahoo.com

I av 3 left. Next shipping will be 5w20 and 5w30 5quartz

When will your next shipment arrive?
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

When will your next shipment arrive?

Next month
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

Call this no for the recommended Toyota Coolant
0803 303 6167.

That's where I got mine from. Store is at Anthony and Maryland, Lagos. He sells genuine OEM products. I got two gallons of 4 litres for 5k each. I guess it's much cheaper than importing them.

And its d exact type in the pix? Super long life 50/50 mix. No need to add water type?

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 8:11am On Aug 11, 2014
tumababa:

And its d exact type in the pix? Super long life 50/50 mix. No need to add water type?

Yes. Exact thing u see in the pix is what you get. I have the used gallons in my car boot. I will attach the pix later. It's pink. The exact same coolant that came with the car from USA.

It's pre-mixed, do not add water. Before filling, ensure to drain your radiator completely by removing the radiator drain plug and also drain the engine by removing the engine radiator hose. After complete drain, it takes approximately 6.2 litres for a full refill. So you will need to buy two gallons.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 8:14am On Aug 11, 2014
tumababa:

Next month

@Tumababa that your price for Mobil 1 is too expensive.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

Yes. Exact thing u see in the pix is what you get. I have the used gallons in my car boot. I will attach the pix later. It's pink. The exact same coolant that came with the car from USA.

It's pre-mixed, do not add water. Before filling, ensure to drain your radiator completely by removing the radiator drain plug and also drain the engine by removing the engine radiator hose. After complete drain, it takes approximately 6.2 litres for a full refill. So you will need to buy two gallons.

Good. Will save d guyz nos for next time.

You said my mobil-1 is expensive. How much is the non-recommended 0w-40 5 litres being sold in our mobil stations (remember u cant get 5litres of mobil1 in nigeria mobil stations). I buy mine from us and pay for shipping. You can also give me where to get it cheaper just like the coolant. And i will stop buying from abroad.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2014
tumababa:

Good. Will save d guyz nos for next time.

Coolant is not like engine oil that is replaced at interval. Except there is a problem with your cooling system, no need to replace your coolant.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Bossmd:

Coolant is not like engine oil that is replaced at interval. Except there is a problem with your cooling system, no need to replace your coolant.

Really learning here. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Chuckdee(m): 12:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Bossmd:

True.. Actually, the coolant in the picture posted by Tumababa is the exact one that come in your car from factory ( Mine is the 2007 2GR-FE Engine) and is not due for replacement until 100K Miles because it is the Super long life coolant variant (its in your manual and on a sticker just on the lid of your hood when its open) after which you need to just drain and refill. My '07 XLE V6 is still under 90k and I plan to drain and refill b4 the 100k just to be on the safe side. Bought mine around $26 from Amazon and so I agree with tuma on the quoted price because it costs so much shipping those 5-quartz oil and coolant to Nigeria because of their dead weight!.. I will gladly pick it up if its the original at 5k in Nigeria without haggling! Some one said he got it for 7k here in Abuja.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by jpphilips(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2014

Guy are you for real? Distilled water is condensed water, your Nigerian tap water and borehole does not undergo any process that remove partly dissolved salts like calcium / magnesium carbonates, hence these salts will deposit in the radiator.
There are three ways you can get distilled water, either you buy from chemical shop, or you boil water with a pot and replace the lid with a collector, as it evaporates, it will distill in the collector you have provided or you can put a hose to the drain of your house AC and secure the lid to prevent impurities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Ikenna351(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Bossmd:

I dont know what works for you guys in Toyota. But for Peugeot, it would be wrong not to replace your coolant every 2 years or so.

These days, car manufacturers would claim in their owners manual that the auto tranny fluids in their newer cars are to be used for life. Ask those who kept that instruction how it turned out for them on their auto trannies.

Ikenna
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by mayor2013: 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 5:02am On Aug 13, 2014
jpphilips:

Guy are you for real? Distilled water is condensed water, your Nigerian tap water and borehole does not undergo any process that remove partly dissolved salts like calcium / magnesium carbonates, hence these salts will deposit in the radiator.
There are three ways you can get distilled water, either you buy from chemical shop, or you boil water with a pot and replace the lid with a collector, as it evaporates, it will distill in the collector you have provided or you can put a hose to the drain of your house AC and secure the lid to prevent impurities.

Lol....are you minding the man? Even an SS3 science student cannot say such. To get distilled water back in high school there is this process we do called 'Fractional Distillation' using a condenser called 'Leibig Condenser' whereby distilled water is collected from cooled vapour after water reaches its boiling point.

Another method to get distilled water is to gradually collect it from your car AC drain underneath your car.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by jpphilips(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
mayor2013: And tell me who goes through that process to get distilled water? How many of those things that you highlighted out there are feasible in Nigeria?? Naija no b am grin

How do you mean not feasible in Nigeria? you don't boil water at home or you don't use AC in your house? lemme be clear, I only told him because he has been helping people on the thread I have no time to tutor dumbos, If you feel it is not attainable, continue in your Ignorance, it is just a matter of time before Ladipo will send you a message.
You think that a manufacturer who recommended Distilled water is as dumb as you are? continue!!
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
mayor2013: And tell me who goes through that process to get distilled water? How many of those things that you highlighted out there are feasible in Nigeria?? Naija no b am grin

Bro, simply admit you made a mistake, and learn from it.

Boiling water is very feasible in Nigeria. The only reason I can see anyone just using tap water, where distilled water is recommended, is out of sheer ignorance, or laziness. Tap water will cause scaling in your cooling system. The same goes for electric kettles, and steam irons. Tap water doesn't do them any good.

Limescale in you engine's cooling system will clog up the radiator, heater matrix and coolant passages, leading to restricted flow. It will also lower the boiling point of your coolant, which anyone can tell you will cause your engine to over heat.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
tumababa:

Next month

@Tumababa do you also sell the mobil 1 recommended filter?
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bossmd:

@Tumababa do you also sell the mobil 1 recommended filter?

i sell toyota recommended filter. not mobil1 filter. you need to be sure the part number of the filter is exactly what u need for your toyota

Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by drcenti07: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
jpphilips:

How do you mean not feasible in Nigeria? you don't boil water at home or you don't use AC in your house? lemme be clear, I only told him because he has been helping people on the thread I have no time to tutor dumbos, If you feel it is not attainable, continue in your Ignorance, it is just a matter of time before Ladipo will send you a message.
You think that a manufacturer who recommended Distilled water is as dumb as you are? continue!!

Ignore the gentleman.

That's how he told me that the throttle position sensor of my vehicle, a hyundai xg 30 was the manifold absolute pressure sensor....

More to be said about this guy....
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Bossmd: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
tumababa:

i sell toyota recommended filter. not mobil1 filter. you need to be sure the part number of the filter is exactly what u need for your toyota

There's a special filter sold along with mobil-1 oil called "Mobil 1 Extended Performance Filter", Na dat one I dey ask.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bossmd: There's a special filter sold along with mobil-1 oil called "Mobil 1 Extended Performance Filter", Na dat one I dey ask.

I don't recommend extended service intervals, less so in Nigeria. I would ALWAYS go with an OEM oil filter. Oil is the lifeblood of any engine, any restrictions or other errors could spell death to a vehicle, and result in expensive repairs.
Re: Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
Bossmd:

There's a special filter sold along with mobil-1 oil called "Mobil 1 Extended Performance Filter", Na dat one I dey ask.

i won't recommend that. oem filter with correct part number is the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2007-2012, Android 7.1 Car DVD Player (4G LTE) / The First Thing You Do When You Enter Your Car? / The New Mercedes Maybach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.