Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! (833 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by LEAFLET(m): 12:40am On Aug 08, 2014
I was drawn to this topic after reading the comments sundey oliseh made about some 94 players madly jealous at yekini for whatever reason best known to them.Though the split in the team wasn't not that obvious i still think it played a huge part in making us not to go far enough in that epic mundial. i was pretty young then maybe six then but i saw my big and tough aunty cry the day italy dumped us out of the mundial.
I am ibo and always canvassed that igbos don't portray any atom of jealousy against other tribes but i was shocked at the level of hate against rashidi. First amokachi is one of the most selfish man i've ever seen in my entire existence, he could have easily passed the ball to rashidi in the 20: seconds of the ten minute clip on youtube and you can see how he wickedly ran with the ball and lost it when rashidi was clear on goal. i don't want to talk about the goal yekini scored and was left inside the net like a lonely traveler.i wept because as a man that thinks rationally, i understand perfectly how it feels when your friends or colleagues hate on you... it causes psychological trauma and makes you wonder if they prefer you remain still without progressing... i just want to make a plea that emmanuel ammunike, wicked and extremely proud amokachi should personally apologize to yekini's family for cutting rashidi's career short and for making him have the disorder that killed him. no man is a saint but having grown a$$ men hate on you because of you have more talent than them which everyone can see is plain wrong and for the very first time in my life am ashamed of my being ibo. i thought we love it when people progress regardless of the tribe he or she comes from?

2 Likes

Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by redcliff: 12:50am On Aug 08, 2014
I read through just to pick out the message and i found none.. can you just face the present and stop crying over the unspilled milk...

2 Likes

Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:47am On Aug 08, 2014
Yeah,I think those guys needs to apologise even after the demise of Yekini. It was very bad of them for doing that.
I remember his lone celebration(can't really remember the match,I guess it was Nigeria's first World cup goal).
Yekini deserved much more respect than what he got from his teammate and probably most Nigerians.

Fact be told,He was Nigeria greatest striker.

2 Likes

Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by chinex276(m): 3:25am On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by Jaideyone(m): 5:29am On Aug 08, 2014
redcliff: I read through just to pick out the message and i found none.. can you just face the present and stop crying over the unspilled milk...
you have cataract

1 Like

Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by LEAFLET(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Jaideyone: you have cataract
lols, you took the words out my mouth
Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by M4gunners: 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
@Op, hw did Amokachi cause the disorder that killed Rashidi if i may ask?
Re: Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! by ogahope(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
dis info. is no longer relevant know. Its obsolete nd imaterial to us. Rather dan chattin a course forward, it wil reopen old wounds. Olishe pls, concentrate on ur FIFA work nd leave Super Eagle for Keshi to fix.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bright Dike To Support Sister As Falconets Play Germany In World Cup Finals / Nigeria Name Final 21-squad For African Women Championship / Balotelli Under Heavy Criticisms For Swapping Shirts With Madrid Defender Pepe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.