Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] (2979 Views)

15 Hottest Celebrity Mums In Nigerian Entertainment Industry (photos) / Top 6 Entertainment Couples In Nigeria ( Photos ) / Check Out The Longest Lasting Couples In The Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by kizbad: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2014
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L09sdS1KYWNvYnMtSm9rZS1TaWx2YS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]
What has really kept them together this long? Does having lasting relationships have anything to do with working together? These couples are in the spotlight and contrary to the notion that celebrity marriages don’t last, these ones have been able to weather the storm. Probably there could be some peculiar observations that we can make.

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L3RhcmEtZmVsYS1kdXJvdG95ZS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]
Married for 10years+

Fela and Tara Durotoye: Fela is a motivational speaker and business coach and Tara is an Entrepreneur. Need we say more about how they help and complement each other? This is what Fela Said to Tara on their fourth wedding anniversary :

“I am committed to working with God to bring out the best you that God has put in you. I am determined on seeing all of God’s dreams for you come to pass. Today, it’s House of Tara, in a short while, the WORLD OF TARA would soon become a reality, the multi-national empire that reveals the real beauty in every woman from the four corners of the world.”
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L29sdWFuZGpva2UuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

Married for 25years+

Olu and Joke Jacobs: Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva grew in acting together, they just keyed into each other, and look at each other like partners not rivals. This is what Olu has to say:

“ It is always good when God gives you your friend as spouse, when you meet your friend as your wife, life would be much easier because when others fail, you would succeed with friendship. Joke is more than a friend to me, she is a mother, a friend and a very caring, generous and deep person”
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1R1bmRlLVd1bm1pLU9iZS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

Tunde and Wunmi Obe(T.W.O) have been singing together right from university days(married 11yrs). They’ve always been working together in whateverventure they get into. In his words Tunde tells what has kept them together:

“First and foremost, it is God. Without Him, we couldn’t have lasted this long and secondly, there is this mutual respect. And from the beginning she saw me as someone who had something to offer. And its vice versa. She matches up with me intellectually and socially. You should marry someone that can measure up to your intelligence. We also communicate a lot, and the respect between us makes it easier. I see her as my equal, I don’t talk to her in a condescending manner, neither do I use derogatory words for her. There is also the love factor, but we also made up our minds that we were going to ensure it works”.
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1NvbmktSXJhYm9yLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

Soni and Betty Irabor:

Soni is a Broadcaster and Betty a journalist, author and publisher. They complement each other and make up for each other’s weaknesses. Hear what Betty has to say:

“The truth about marriage is that there isn’t one that is perfect. We are talking about strangers meeting, courting each other and deciding to spend the rest of their lives together. There could be things that could create a strain in the early years of the marriage, but marriage in itself is a relationship where you continue to learn…So we must continue to feed our marriages with love, appreciate the other person and know that neither the wife nor the husband is a magician. So don’t expect that your husband would know that right now you are not feeling happy. The only way he would know is by telling him, so stop over-expectation. People are full of expectations in marriage and that can create a lot of strain…Let your marriage be your marriage. As much as possible, lock out people who don’t need to be part of the marriage. Marriage is all about what you put into it.”
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0NoYXJseS1Cb3ktYW5kLUxhZHkuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

Charly Boy and Lady Di(married 32yrs) have also been working together and have been people of like passion. So we see that marrying your friend is key, contrary to what many people think.

See more on http://www.askranker.com/2014/08/meet-longest-lasting-couples-in-nigeria.html
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by Omexonomy: 5:32am On Aug 08, 2014
What about pete edochie and wife what about tinubu and wife what about gej and pej
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by Blaqsmith(m): 5:36am On Aug 08, 2014
For this Ebola period,una still dey cum romance section?
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by jenniferzara(f): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Wow! Amazing now only i am seeing these kind of couples. All are very nice. sad sad
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by cornelin(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Everywhere jst dry even for nairaland. abi una dey fear Ebola?
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by Kezifils(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Let the younger one look up to dem for inspiration
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by Mariojane(f): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
what abt Jide kosoko nd wife
Re: Meet The Longest Lasting Couples In The Nigeria Entertainment Industry [PHOTOS] by 9jahubcom(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
na waka, i waka pass sha

(1) (Reply)

Pics- See What Happened To DJ Cuppy In An African Zoo, Where She Cuddle A Cub On / Jackie Chandiru - Uganda's Beyonce / Tiwa Savage & Lekan Dosunmu Strike Sexy Pose At Toolz's Wedding In Dubai (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.