Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret (18626 Views)

Tiwa Savage Shares Her Hilarious 'first Words' Experience With Her Son (photos) / Ini Edo Seems Happy Despite Divorce, Flaunts Her Beauty (photos) / Nadia Buari Keeps Intimidating Us With Her Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 5:08am On Aug 08, 2014
Victoria Secret model Miranda Kerr claims that coconut oil is one of the secrets to her success. She says it is the key to her clear skin, shiny hair, and trim figure. "I've been drinking it since I was 14 and it's the one thing I can't live without," she says. "I will not go a day without coconut oil. I personally take four teaspoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in my cups of green tea…Everyone is different, but that is what works for me and I prefer it as a substitute to other oils more readily used in day-to-day food preparation and cooking.” In January 2011 she gave birth to her first child. She says coconut oil was instrumental in helping her quickly regain her supermodel figure and was back modeling just a few months after delivery.

You want to know more about coconut oil and what it can do for you thus enhace your beauty? Just follow this thread, i will be sharing with you 10 beauty secrets you can achieve with this natural oil. Before you hit the street in search of coconut oil, ensure it is the purest grade you are getting and not the industrial grades or those mixed with parafin oil.

You can quikily click on the link below to discover 100 amazing ways it can improve your health:
click here>> https://www.nairaland.com/1843531/extra-virgin-coconut-oil-magic

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 5:28am On Aug 08, 2014
Firstly, coconut oil has been said to be a perfect beauty product that is better than the average face moisturizer. And hair serum. And body lotion because:

"Commercial moisturizers contain lots of water, which makes you feel like your skin is being moisturized. But as soon as the water dries, your skin becomes dry again. Also, many commercial brands of moisturizers contain petroleum-based ingredients that can suffocate the skin. In contrast, coconut oil provides deep and real moisture. It helps strengthen underlying tissues and helps remove excessive dead cell on the skin's surface that makes your skin rough and flaky in texture. It also great for shine and as a natural moisturizer for your hair.

Tip: Rub a dime-sized amount (a little goes a long way with this stuff) of coconut oil on to dry ends to hydrate and tame frizzy flyaways. On your face, apply as you would your normal moisturizer. While it tends to have a greasier consistency (at first), it's fantastic at absorbing quickly into skin. A spoonful is enough to hydrate your entire body; swap it in for your current lotion.

So here are 10 amazing things you can do with it.

P.S: Ceno Premium Coconut Oil is what you need if quality and result are your needs.
-100% Organic
-Pure Extra Virgin
-Cold Pressed
-Unrefined.
-No-GMO
-Hexane Free.
-No preservative.
-NO PARAFFIN OIL
-Moisture content of 0.088
-Shelf life of 1yr
-It becomes creamy and naturally solidifies below 65°F [18.3°C]
-Made from the finest, freshest & maturest of organic coconuts

081 2334 7170

1 Share

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 5:36am On Aug 08, 2014
1) Antioxidant to Slow Down Aging

Oxidation is a natural process, which takes place all the time in nature. It is why a tuber of yam cut open turns brown. Fish becomes rancid. It is a major cause of skin aging. As your skin gets exposed by the day to UV light, oxygen, pollution and etc, oxidation occurs to generate reactive oxygen radicals also known as free radicals which dramatically, cause significant damage to cell structures hence, degenerative disorders including aging and disease. Even though the changes may be latent but with time, manifestations such as increase in wrinkle formation, loss of skin tone, hyper pigmentation and other skin discoloration becomes evidence of your aging skin. However, coconut oil having positive antioxidant properties helps your body to neutralize the free radical thus stopping further damage they will cause to other healthy fats and cells in our body.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 5:45am On Aug 08, 2014
2) Use it to Fight Dandruff

Coconut oil can help keep dandruff at bay. Simply massage coconut oil into scalp, shampoo, then rinse. Keep this up until the dandruff clears up. My instinct says this will cause really greasy hair, but some people swear by coconut oil. I suggest avoiding this if you have oily hair and trying something else. It might be great for people with dry hair.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 5:47am On Aug 08, 2014
3) Use it as a Foundation Primer

If you use a foundation or tinted moisturizer you may notice how much better it goes on when you've applied a primer beforehand or moisturizer. Coconut oil works as the perfect primer for foundation. Simply put a pea-sized amount on face, let it soak in and then apply your tinted moisturizer or foundation. You'll notice how much smoother your makeup goes on.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 5:49am On Aug 08, 2014
4) Use it as a Makeup Remover

Coconut oil, however, is a great eye makeup remover. It even removes waterproof mascara. Simply apply a bit to a cotton ball or tissue paper and press on your eyelid. Wipe away the makeup once the oil soaks in. Wipe up excess oil with a fresh tissue.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2014
5) Use Coconut Oil to Treat Acne and Heal Wounds

I had no idea that coconut oil can treat acne until I did research for this article. According to dermatologist Jeannette Graf in Allure Magazine, coconut oil contains lauric acid which naturally fights the bacteria that causes acne. Graf says it "has potential" for treating acne, which says to me it's not exactly proven. I figure if you have acne it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Graf says coconut oil also contains anti-inflammatory fatty acids which is great for wound healing. So if you have nicks and scrapes on your legs, it's just one more reason to moisturize with coconut oil.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Stay tuned for more beauty secret
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
6) Coconut Oil is a Great Hair Conditioner

If your hair gets oily quickly, you can consider keeping the coconut oil far away from your hair. But for women with dry, coarse hair, coconut oil can be an inexpensive, natural way to condition your hair. Women in Southeast Asia and India have used coconut oil for years. It's that brilliant. Simply rub a dime-sized amount (a little goes a long way with this stuff) into your hands and then palm the coconut oil onto your dry ends. You can run your palms down your hair to tame frizzy flyaways as well.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2014
7) Coconut Oil as a Body Scrub

Exfoliating your body with coconut oil works like magic in getting rid of the dead skins that tend to collect year-round. you will often be left with soft and supple skin. They work even better when used with a body scrub.
You can make your own scrub using coconut oil and sugar or salt. I prefer sugar because I find it is easier on the skin than salt which can tear.

To make your own body scrub, use 1 spoon of coconut oil to 2 spoons of brown sugar or table salt. Put the coconut oil in a pot on low heat. Once it's warmed, pour in the brown sugar or table salt into the pot, stirring it in. I like to add a few drops of vanilla extract so it smells really yummy but it's optional. You don't want all the sugar or salt to melt or you'll lose the exfoliating benefits, so take your mixture off the heat after a couple minutes of stirring.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2014
8.) Exfoliate Your Face With It

Here's how Julyne Derrick said it:

After I turned 35, my skin turned dry and flaky which means I have to exfoliate weekly and moisturize daily. I have pricey moisturizers and a $60 facial scrub in my bathroom cabinet that I love. But lately I find I rarely touch these products because coconut oil and a washcloth works just as well to exfoliate and moisturize. It's so much more convenient and much less expensive.

Here's how I use coconut oil as an exfoliator: I take a dime-sized amount of coconut oil and rub it into my palms and then over my face. I then wet a washcloth and scrub my face in a circular motion starting at my forehead and working clockwise around my face.

I'm left with baby soft, fully moisturized skin. No questionable man-made ingredients soak into my skin and I've spent pennies for amazing skin, instead of dollars.

You can make facial scrubs using coconut oil and sugar that rival store-bought scrubs.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
9) coconut oil soften cracked, callused heels

Calluses leave your skin feeling and looking rough, dry and discolored. These thick patches develop on the heels for a number of reasons including walking in your bare feet or having shoes rub against your skin. Calluses serve to protect the skin, such as calluses on a guitarist's fingertips, but can also cause discomfort. Regardless of the cause, callused heels aren't something you want to showcase in a slinky pair of sandals. You can get rid of calluses on your heels with a persistent skincare regimen with coconut oil that treats the calluses while softening the skin.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yummy ice cream to enjoy life, after all you live once

--Ceno's Healthy Banana Ice Cream!--

Ok, this stuff is so easy, absolutely delicious and such a great alternative to more naughty options.

Ingredients:
3x frozen ripe bananas
1x tsp of Ceno's coconut oil
(Optional, a few pieces of your favorite dark chocolate)

Method:
Using a food processor blits all the ingredients together for 3 minutes (until the consistency is smooth and creamy).
Eat straight away or freeze until ready to eat.
If it becomes too hard pop in the microwave for 10 seconds then eat.

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2014
10) Remove Stretch Marks with Coconut Oil!

The human body goes through many changes throughout life that can hugely affect the shape of the body. One such common change that people notice on their bodies is the appearance of stretch marks that range from very mild pale pink or white lines to deep, purple very noticeable tears in the skin that often appear on buttocks, thighs, breasts, abdomens and underarms.

Stretch marks form when the connective tissue of skin gets stretched beyond limit. When the skin is stretched, it affects the collagen production which leads to fine scars on the upper skin layer.

Why coconut oil?
Coconut oil is good for your skin as well as your overall health due to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-microbial properties.

There are many reasons to use coconut oil for stretch marks. First of all this oil has immense moisturizing properties. The oil gets absorbed deep into the skin very quickly. Plus, it has many antioxidants that fight free radicals and will nourish the damaged skin. To prevent stretch marks coconut oil can be used internally by consuming 2-3 spoons daily and externally by applying it on the affected place of the entire body. It has no harmful or discomforting side effects.

How to use coconut oil for stretch marks?

Those who already have stretch marks apply warm extra virgin coconut oil on the affected skin area every night before going to bed. Massage the oil in well and then allow it to soak into your skin. Rinse the next morning with a little warm water and a mild soap if necessary. This simple act will strengthen your skin making it gleam and glow with radiance and moisture. The healthful saturated fats in coconut oil will make the cell walls strong and its antioxidant properties will fight free radicals. Soon you can notice significant reduction on the appearance of stretch marks.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
using this oil Prevents skin infections
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 11:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Have you had an experience with coconut oil? please educate us to learn.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
12) Insect Repellent

Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 10-25 drops of lemon eucalyptus, regular eucalyptus, or citronella oil. Even if an insect does bite, you won’t have a bad reaction because the oil sooths itchiness and irritation from the very start so no welt, blister or redness develops.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2014
13) you would like to know that coconut oil helps to prevent and treat parasitic infections like scabies, intestinal worms (tapeworms, pinworms) etc.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by kcey: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2014
Coconut oil is good and it really works wonders. I've been using it for three(3yrs) years now and I knw the huge difference in my body.I can lack my body cream,not my coconut oil.my friends has been asking me d secret of my shinny and soft body and I've always told them its cocoonut oil.I now distribute it to buyers.ping me if u need it.25B9DAD3 or call me on 08032518787.u won't regret it.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by jenniferzara(f): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2014
I think it is a one kind of advertisement.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
kcey: Coconut oil is good and it really works wonders. I've been using it for three(3yrs) years now and I knw the huge difference in my body.I can lack my body cream,not my coconut oil.my friends has been asking me d secret of my shinny and soft body and I've always told them its cocoonut oil.I now distribute it to buyers.ping me if u need it.25B9DAD3 or call me on 08032518787.u won't regret it.

@kcey, good to know your experience with this amazing oil.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Experience the tropical taste
1.2L

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
14) A delicious Ceno coconut oil infused smoothie to refresh your body. Give it a go and let us know what you think.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 banana
1 1/4 cups frozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
1/2 cup low-fat silken tofu, or low-fat plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoons of Ceno Coconut Oil
Method:
Blend all this goodness up and enjoy a healthy start to your day.

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
share your experience if you tried this goodness recipe today
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 3:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Do you have a natural beauty approach that works well for you?
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Detoxification With Coconut Oil For Body Renewal

The idea about detoxification was already alive back in the ancient Egypt and Greece, when people believed that certain food or liquids can produce toxins and be bad for our body if consumed in large amounts. As a result of that - detox was born. There are a lot of things we have consumed in the past that have accumulated thus waiting for explosion. But before such happens, you can wipe them out today. You can comfortably use lemon(not lime), warm water and coconut oil(pure organic extra virgin like Ceno coconut oil) like numerous people to detoxify your body and not just be spiritually fit but physically active. How else have you successfully cleans your body?

Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
did you try our recipe this morning?
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 1:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. so engage yourself in activities that will elevate your health. Dotoxification is one powerful way to start.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2014
Soften and deodorize your feet.

Between working out and running around, our feet get a beating on a day-to-day basis. Before bed, soften cracked, rough skin and calluses by exfoliating your feet and then applying a generous layer of coconut oil. Since it has natural antibacterial properties, it’ll deodorize as it softens. Then slip on some socks to wake up with much smoother, better smelling soles.

Bonus: To enhance its benefits, add a drop or two of tea tree oil to the mix and apply both before bed and throughout the day. Treating your feet to this combo not only keeps stinky smells at bay, but may also help treat athlete’s foot.
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Have you tried any of this and what was the result?
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Get rid of gum residue.
Chewed gum any place besides inside a mouth is generally a good cause for despair—until now. Use coconut oil to remove any tacky gum residue from the surface in question. It even works on hair and carpet!
Re: Victoria Secret Model Shares Her Beauty Secret by charllyen: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Today is another opportunity to achieve greatness! Have a smart investment of your time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Styl-Plus: Is Zeal Married? / I Can’t Wait To Be A Mommy – Toke Makinwa / Pictures Of Charley Boy As 'Linda'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.