Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim (2257 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 5:26am On Aug 08, 2014
" it emerged yesterday that some of the people who came into Nigeria with Liberian Patrick Sawyer who died in Lagos on July 25, attended a conference in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
Sawyer, a Liberian-American, came into the country on July 20 as a member of the Liberian delegation to an ECOWAS conference in Calabar.
But he fell ill aboard an ASKY Airline plane and was hospitalised in Lagos before his death five days later of the Ebola virus." the nation news paper.

The have been this news spreading around Cross River as early as 3am about a case of Ebola in calabar airport. I have received up to 5 different call from friends and love once, about the case and I was also told to bath with salt water.
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by Blaqsmith(m): 5:31am On Aug 08, 2014
Its same news everywhere ooo...wahala don gas!
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 5:37am On Aug 08, 2014
I learnt the doctors Have called off their strike.
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by Royaltriplee: 5:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Same here ooo.DER is GOD!
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by romityl: 5:49am On Aug 08, 2014
My God I also told it in calabar o ...pls lord come to de aid of Africans ...1e cnt continue to rely on the US ...pple r bathing water and salt .
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 5:53am On Aug 08, 2014
In Akamkpa a local government in Cross River were the state collage of Education is located, I'am told the is a serious scrambling for salt.
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by purpinkx(m): 5:56am On Aug 08, 2014
My mum just panicked , mek I go buy bitter kola come swallow , no time to chew

1 Like

Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by praemaise(m): 6:04am On Aug 08, 2014
My neighbour whole family don start to bath since 5:30am for here o. They woke us up, I think say na thief sef....lol

I think it's true...cos she's a medical practitioner. Must have seen a patient.

Hmmmmm....business opportunity. SALT now na the main commodity.
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by phlamingboy(m): 6:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Oboy,see as we dey fight for salt for my house,d badt tin be say d salt don finish,na where to buy salt we dey find now....D fear of EBOLA
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by hungryboy(m): 6:50am On Aug 08, 2014
My neighbour even send me text message by 5.am say make i bathe with salt to prevent ebola, na now i wake up read see am,
abeg make ebola leave calabar alone, i take God beg am
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by StPete: 7:03am On Aug 08, 2014
coruso: I learnt the doctors Have called up off their strike.
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=StPete][/quote]corrected. Nah Ebola cure we the look for now, no be english teacher. Thk all the same

1 Like

Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by Weezy10: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Also had the salt-water bath this morning as early as 4:48am and I pray God protects us cause Calabar is too sweet for such a plague to come and disrupt people's peaceful living and induce panic in every corner,btw this is the first time I am commenting on any nairaland topic after three years of registration as I forgot my password back then and as I type my heart beats faster and tears are heating up my eyes...please let ebola leave cross river alone I don't want to have my movements restricted becos I need to go and collect my money I won from sports betting yesterday 20,000naira and I need to go out to get it let the fear of ebola not hinder me o!
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Weezy10: Also had the salt-water bath this morning as early as 4:48am and I pray God protects us cause Calabar is too sweet for such a plague to come and disrupt people's peaceful living and induce panic in every corner,btw this is the first time I am commenting on any nairaland topic after three years of registration as I forgot my password back then and as I type my heart beats faster and tears are heating up my eyes...please let ebola leave cross river alone I don't want to have my movements restricted becos I need to go and collect my money I won from sports betting yesterday 20,000naira and I need to go out to get it let the fear of ebola not hinder me o!
funny post, but seriously if we do the need full avoid direct contact with infected people, ensure we drink water from a good source. Then government on their part ensure that people infected are quarantined. Then there is no cause to panic.

Bobo, people the win for this sport betting?
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
"Ebola victim’s delegation visited Calabar, says envoy.
It emerged yesterday that some of the people who came into Nigeria with Liberian Patrick Sawyer who died in Lagos on July 25, attended a conference in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
Sawyer, a Liberian-American, came into the country on July 20 as a member of the Liberian delegation to an ECOWAS conference in Calabar.
But he fell ill aboard an ASKY Airline plane and was hospitalised in Lagos before his death five days later of the Ebola virus" the nation news paper
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by blesoh(f): 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lies,my mother inlaw called my hubby arnd 3am dat we shld bath wid salt,we didnt cos we didnt blv,i stay in calabar ve nt hed of such news.
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by coruso(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
blesoh: Lies,my mother inlaw called my hubby arnd 3am dat we shld bath wid salt,we didnt cos we didnt blv,i stay in calabar ve nt hed of such news.
well,bro I live in cali too. The info i'am putting through came from a reliable source the nation news paper. It goes thous"Ebola virus.
Yesterday, ECOWAS Vice President Dr. Toga Gayewea said the delegation members, who had contact with Sawyer were in Calabar for the conference.
This has widened the contact persons, who are to be tracked because members of the delegation who had contact with Sawyer also  had contact with other people at the conference, who are also susceptible to the virus."
Re: Ebola:Deligate in calabar had contact with Ebola victim by phlamingboy(m): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Our calabar is safe IJN,na God go help us

(1) (Reply)

Side Effects Of Abortion / Wo / Can I Get Pregnant Just After My Period Has Finished? Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.