Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,058 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho (1198 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Sudan Matches / Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / Nations Cup Qualifier: Siasia Name 25-man Squad For Madagascar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Godwinsilas(m): 5:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, have named a 25-man squad for a final 2015 African Youth Championship qualifier against Lesotho later this month.
Skipper Musa Muhammed (Besiktas/Turkey) and Taiwo Awoniyi (Kalmar FF/Sweden) are the only overseas-based players as the Flying Eagles will be without several of their foreign-based stars as a result of club commitments, according to coach Manu Garba.

The Flying Eagles take on Lesotho on August 16 in Kaduna for a place in the final of the 2015 AYC in Senegal in March.

The full squad:
Goalkeepers
Joshua Enaholo, Adamu Abubakar, Olorunleke Ojo, Etua Ossai Kingdom

Defenders
Musa Muhammed, Ifeanyi Nweke, Mustapha Abdullahi, Zaharadden Bello, Prince Izu Omego, Adebayor Ademuluwa, Wilfred Ndidi, Sirajo Mazadu

Midfielders
Bernard Bulbwa, Ifeanyi Matthew, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Chizom Eze, Akinjide Idowu, Clement Ogbobe, Abdullahi Alfa, Obinna Nwobodo

Strikers
Taiwo Awoniyi, Sulaiman Abdullahi, Alhassan Ibrahim, Abubakar Lawal, Wasiu Jimoh.

https://www.leapfame.com/topic/349
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Syenite(m): 6:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Ha! No Alampasu, Success, Iheanacho, Nwakali, Eze, and Yahaya. shocked
I hope we are nt under rating these Lesothoans o. Approaching this crucial game without 6 key players. We no wan hear stories o.

Besides, where is Edwin Okon, the dangerous left back at the U17 WC?
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Godwinsilas(m): 6:57am On Aug 08, 2014
Am supprise o.
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by tbaba1234: 9:24am On Aug 08, 2014
Syenite: Ha! No Alampasu, Success, Iheanacho, Nwakali, Eze, and Yahaya. shocked
I hope we are nt under rating these Lesothoans o. Approaching this crucial game without 6 key players. We no wan hear stories o.

Besides, where is Edwin Okon, the dangerous left back at the U17 WC?

Those players were not released by their clubs. It is not about underrating. We use those that are available.
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Syenite(m): 10:24am On Aug 08, 2014
tbaba1234:

Those players were not released by their clubs. It is not about underrating. We use those that are available.

The NFF probably didn't press well enough. Maybe dey can't afford there flight tickets. Nt even as if d season has stated. And most of those boys (excluding Success) are nt likely to make their A teams for d season.
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Syenite(m): 11:47am On Aug 08, 2014
I wish dem victory by wide margin.
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by tbaba1234: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Syenite:

The NFF probably didn't press well enough. Maybe dey can't afford there flight tickets. Nt even as if d season has stated. And most of those boys (excluding Success) are nt likely to make their A teams for d season.

“Kelechi (Iheanacho) was to have been released by Manchester City at least a week before the match, but the club’s recruitment officer has called us back to say they have plans for him and so he will no longer be available,” Manu told AfricanFootball.com

“Isaac Success will also not be released by Granada as he has begun playing for the first team.

“Tottenham Hotspur have said they will only release Musa Yahaya for the return leg match.

“But we can cope because we have an abundance of talent.

“For example, take the case of Wasiu Taiwo, who just scored four goals in a test game (against Amakson on Thursday). He has been on the fringes of the first team and took his chance with four well-taken goals.

“And so we have the players to get the result we need in the game against Lesotho.”
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Syenite(m): 5:56am On Aug 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

“Kelechi (Iheanacho) was to have been released by Manchester City at least a week before the match, but the club’s recruitment officer has called us back to say they have plans for him and so he will no longer be available,” Manu told AfricanFootball.com

“Isaac Success will also not be released by Granada as he has begun playing for the first team.

“Tottenham Hotspur have said they will only release Musa Yahaya for the return leg match.

“But we can cope because we have an abundance of talent.

“For example, take the case of Wasiu Taiwo, who just scored four goals in a test game (against Amakson on Thursday). He has been on the fringes of the first team and took his chance with four well-taken goals.

“And so we have the players to get the result we need in the game against Lesotho.”
Nwakali was nt part of the pre-season trip or does Man City have plans for him too? What of Alampasu? I know Eze has been ruled out from d onset.There are no Laliga games this weekend so y wasn't Success released?
Well I hope they will nt jst win but win by a comfortable margin. That's my own
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by tbaba1234: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Syenite:
Nwakali was nt part of the pre-season trip or does Man City have plans for him too? What of Alampasu? I know Eze has been ruled out from d onset.There are no Laliga games this weekend so y wasn't Success released?
Well I hope they will nt jst win but win by a comfortable margin. That's my own

Success is in the first team preparing for the season. No way he will be released.

I understand Nwakali picked up a knock.

Alampasu still trying to secure a contract. Won't even start if he comes with the form of Joshua

Eze, I can't say but club don't want to release.
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by Syenite(m): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

Success is in the first team preparing for the season. No way he will be released.

I understand Nwakali picked up a knock.

Alampasu still trying to secure a contract. Won't even start if he comes with the form of Joshua

Eze, I can't say but club don't want to release.
And where is Edwin Okon?
Re: Flying Eagles Name 25-man Squad Against Lesotho by tbaba1234: 6:13am On Aug 09, 2014
Syenite: And where is Edwin Okon?

Last I heard, red star belgrade. Not sure, he was signed

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Ex-girlfriend Pregnant For Flavour / NAIRABET Result Contradict ESPN And SUPERSPORT Result (madrid Vs Man City) / Tomatoes Throwing Festival In Spain.. See MONEY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.