Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache (11065 Views)

Calling On All The Farmers In Anambra State. / ONLINE AGRICULTURAL MARKETING; The New Trend In Nigeria / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by mfm04622: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2014
Pavore9: l wish someone can set up a site where farmers put up their harvest for sale, so hotels/restaurants, catering firms etc can access directly cutting off middlemen. l am taking it from a model in kenya called M-Shamba which is also running on an app.

Why wait for somebody to do it? It is a good idea. Why not set it up yourself?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Pavore9: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
mfm04622:

Why wait for somebody to do it? It is a good idea. Why not set it up yourself?
So much on my plate and am not an IT person though my own little contribution in the future will be on radio production on agri-projects.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Our group have fresh tomatoes, ata rodo, tatase, ugu and other vegetables. We need distributors in Lagos and its environment
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Pavore9: 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
jethro2: Our group have fresh tomatoes, ata rodo, tatase, ugu and other vegetables. We need distributors in Lagos and its environment
Do approach fast food outlets to see if there are openings for such supplies.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pavore9: Do approach fast food outlets to see if there are openings for such supplies.
Their requirement and conditions are too stringent. They demands for specific seeds, packaging and still want to pay peanut
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dav8id(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
LONGFELLOW02: Where can i target for marketing of garlic and ginger?

I've it in surplus but no market for it

How do you sell your ginger? I have market for it for it. How many tonne can we get from you and what is your price? And your location?
Pls note i need just an answer !
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by dav8id(m): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pavore9: l wish someone can set up a site where farmers put up their harvest for sale, so hotels/restaurants, catering firms etc can access directly cutting off middlemen. l am taking it from a model in kenya called M-Shamba which is also running on an app.

Yes there are site for such you can check http://21food.com and another one that i can reall remember the exact name but something foodinstant or instantfood but its a nigeria site
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Pavore9: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
images of the the deep freezer shaped preservation syatem I talked about in an earlier post.

1 Like

Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ Pavore. What type of vegetables can it be use to preserve? How is it constructed
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Pavore9: 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
jethro2: @ Pavore. What type of vegetables can it be use to preserve? How is it constructed
it preserves mango, pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, okra, ewedu, cucumber etc l wil need to upload video of its construction when l get it.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pavore9: it preserves mango, pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, okra, ewedu, cucumber etc l wil need to upload video of its construction when l get it.
I will look forward to it. Thank you
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by EJaja(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pavore9: images of the the deep freezer shaped preservation syatem I talked about in an earlier post.

@Pavore9
I would like to discuss certain matters with you can u kindly drop me a message - iyerifama@yahoo.com. Look forward to ur email.
Cheers
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Jamexjulius(m): 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2014

hi bro, am interested in buying of ginger in metric tonne here is my contact info: 08065918812 or email me at jamexjulius@gmail.com or better still u can drop ur contact here.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by LONGFELLOW02(m): 1:12am On Aug 11, 2014
dav8id:

How do you sell your ginger? I have market for it for it. How many tonne can we get from you and what is your price? And your location?
Pls note i need just an answer !

My Oga the ginger is still germiantin nw is nt yet mature. . We will harvest it during Nov/December time.

I sell per bags. . Do you knw cocoa bag?
You can get 2tonnes if you want more i will get it for you 4rm nearby farmers.
Location is ondo state. .

I will keep you posted sir when the time reach.

Thanks
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by LONGFELLOW02(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2014
Jamexjulius: hi bro, am interested in buying of ginger in metric tonne here is my contact info: 08065918812 or email me at jamexjulius@gmail.com or better still u can drop ur contact here.

Ok. . Where is ur location?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Jamexjulius(m): 2:06am On Aug 11, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

Ok. . Where is ur location?

i live in ilorin.....pls when the time reach for you to harvest it, i will be glad to be ur first customer
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 7:30am On Aug 11, 2014
The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000
One can start with N100 basket.

We supply as you demand.
Be your own boss.
Lets create job

Be your own boss.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by FoodVendors: 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
review in the critical infrastructure and practices during harvesting, pre/post farm storage, transportation, processing, preservation etc. for quality safe produce to access big markets
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Maize and Soya beans buyers wanted. Our farmers produce maize and soya beans in large quantity. We need buyers that buys in tonnes.
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by sucobaba(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2014

AGE?seriously?am wowed boss
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by FarmTech(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls about how many kg of seed maize can one get from a hactare of land?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
FarmTech: Pls about how many kg of seed maize can one get from a hactare of land?
The yield per hectare depend on a lot of things which includes but not limited to the variety of seed, the source of seed, the soil type, effective and proper use of fertilizer, seed placement and spacing in the farm etc.
Our local variety yield is between 1 _2 tonnes per hectare with minimal maintenance.
Premier Oba 2 is between 5 - 7 tonnes.
A tonne is 1000kg which is 10 bags of 100kg.

1 Like

Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by EJaja(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
jethro2:
The yield per hectare depend on a lot of things which includes but not limited to the variety of seed, the source of seed, the soil type, effective and proper use of fertilizer, seed placement and spacing in the farm etc.
Our local variety yield is between 1 _2 tonnes per hectare with minimal maintenance.
Premier Oba 2 is between 5 - 7 tonnes.
A tonne is 1000kg which is 10 bags of 100kg.

@jethro2
Have u actually achieved the 5 - 7 tones quoted above ?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
EJaja:
@jethro2
Have u actually achieved the 5 - 7 tones quoted above ?
No. This is the first time I planted that variety. I may not also achieve that because I did not follow all the recommended guidelines.
Eg I did not apply fertilizer, the spacing I did not follow, fertilizer recommendation I messed up.
The tonnes I wrote is the expected if well managed
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Juliana7: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ jethro2, where can get this premier oba 2 variety u mentioned sir. Pls i hope u ve forget chemical to preserve maize i asked from u
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Juliana7: @ jethro2, where can get this premier oba 2 variety u mentioned sir. Pls i hope u ve forget chemical to preserve maize i asked from u
Preservatives :Costspring (cypermethrin 10% EC Insecticide)
produced by Springfield Agro Limited

Please buy maize from IAR&T in Ibadan. The office is in Apata area close to Federal College of Animal science. They are certified seed producer. Insist on knowing the species variety and collect your receipt.

This will eventually qualified you to register at National Seed Council as a certified farmer that buys from source.

Note: Maize planting is almost late now. Rain has not been too favorable. Ask the farmers in your area.

A kilo is N200 from IAR&T. If you need the contact send me a mail
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Juliana7: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ jethro, thanks for ur prompt response, pls sir i would need ur email becos i need their address, thanks. And the preservative chemical how i'm going use it
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by Juliana7: 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ jethro, thanks for ur prompt response, pls sir i would need ur email becos i need their address, thanks. And the preservative chemical how i'm going to use it
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Juliana7: @ jethro, thanks for ur prompt response, pls sir i would need ur email becos i need their address, thanks. And the preservative chemical how i'm going to use it

adesola_yinka@yahoo.com

The instruction for the preservative is written on it.
Note: Please you dont need the preservative if you are planning to sell between September To October. You only need it if you want to preserve till next year. This is to protect from weevils and other pesticides
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by EJaja(m): 12:18am On Aug 14, 2014
jethro2:
No. This is the first time I planted that variety. I may not also achieve that because I did not follow all the recommended guidelines.
Eg I did not apply fertilizer, the spacing I did not follow, fertilizer recommendation I messed up.
The tonnes I wrote is the expected if well managed
@Jethro2 I really would not agree with u on this, I have spoken to expert in maize production and I was told the national average is two tones per hectare. As for the hybrid u need irrigation, gud agronomy practices and fertilizers to be able to achieve 5 tones. Maize prouduction Is more favourable in East and southern africa were u can get as much as 10 tones.
If I may ask what varriety have u being growing before now and what's the yield per hectare?
Re: Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache by jethro2: 12:51am On Aug 14, 2014
EJaja:
@Jethro2 I really would not agree with u on this, I have spoken to expert in maize production and I was told the national average is two tones per hectare. As for the hybrid u need irrigation, gud agronomy practices and fertilizers to be able to achieve 5 tones. Maize prouduction Is more favourable in East and southern africa were u can get as much as 10 tones.
If I may ask what varriety have u being growing before now and what's the yield per hectare?
Hellllooooooooooooooo
I m not the manufacturer, I am not their agent.
I am a farmer that is finding a way to achieve the maximum yield i can get in the farm.
I have not claimed that i use it or that i got that no of tonnes.
All I said is if properly manage that is the expected
Unfortunately i did not follow the instructions
So what is it to agree or not agree with?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy / Help! My Broilers Keep Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.