Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Africa And Ebola Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Africa And Ebola Virus (510 Views)

Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Kill Ebola Virus On Surfaces And General Hygiene / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Africa And Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2014
God has been too good to Africa since inception right from the day of creation up to this moment. Africa is the source of civilization but the question is, are we really civilized? Should origin of civilization be giving to Africa? These are some of the questions running through my mind since the day I discover that there is white and there is black. My "beef" for Africa is, are we born stupid or we are self made slowpoke to the extent of not thinking for once? We depend on the whites and God but forgetting our responsibility to make ourselves better. Africa making headlines when it comes to things that are bad, when people see blacks, all what they see is poverty, illiteracy, fraud and worst of all, monkey. These makes one think that should Africa come to existence in the first place? Exploring Africa is the business of the whites since we don't know, value and overlook what we have. I don't blame the whites when they see us as lab-rat or an instrument for testing their theory( if they don't use us for experiment, how will they solve problems that is looking right into our eyes?). Africa is in the news again and for what? As I said earlier, for bad news but this time this is more than bad, this is worst, the news is about a disease called EBOLA VIRUS, as usual, it was discovered In Africa precisely Congo near the river Ebola in the year 1976. It was said to have been on monkeys and bats. But I believe that these are just fabricated stories but the origin may be genuine though, questions running through few intelligent Africans mind are; when was this virus discovered? Since then, How many peopleĀ  has died through this virus? Because this Ebola virus is more deadly than any virus known, the outbreak in west-Africa is the biggest in history, it has killed over 700 people within a year, this questions are begging for answers, if a disease is as deadly as this, it must have claimed millions of lives since 1976. There is no cure for Ebola yet and again blacks are looking up to the whites and God to produce vaccines, then when are we going to wake up from our slumber? When are we going to stand up and get to work? Millions of students graduate from tertiary institutions across Africa every year but we are yet to develop vaccine that can cure headache. Our foolishness has eaten deep into the fabric. Civilization my foot.

(1) (Reply)

GNLD Products Now Available For Sale.buy Your GNLD Products Now And Boost Your I / Ph Ebola Gist / VIDEO: 'hungry' Liberia Ebola Patient Flees Quarantine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.