Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View (1167 Views)

Fire Outbreak In Ikoyi Caused By Motorcycle Carrying 30 Liters Of Petrol / Ebola Outbreak / A Fumbling Senate And The Fuss Over Air Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
From Excel With Love;

Why All These Fuss Over Ebola? Why is the whole Nigeria agog with Ebola news? Why Is Everything on Internet and the news now Ebola this, Ebola that? This disease I believe is not here yet on a large scale.... Just few isolated incidences which is under control.

Hope you people know that this is how exploitation begins? Very soon, different anti-Ebola drugs will flood the market, Pastors all over Nigeria will claim to have the cure for Ebola, Native Doctors will now turn to "Doro-Ebola-Destroyer"! This is what will happen soon, believe me.

If I may ask, why are people even afraid? Why are people afraid to die? Is death not a necessary end which must come to all? Even my fellow christians who want to go to heaven and see God, dont want to die! Have you people forgotten the injunction of St Paul im Romans 14:8 "WHETHER WE DIE OR LIVE, WE BELONG TO GOD!"

This is why I have always been an advocate of philosophy study for all. Philosophy will make you not take issues at surface level. It will make you see things others dont see. Take for instance; my brother came to me this morning and was shouting "Brother, take your bath with salt oo. They say it prevents and kills Ebola! I just burst out laughing. He was suprised and asked.. "Bro, why you dey laugh over this serious matter now".... I told him to sit down. When he sat down, I told him;

"Bro, as an analytical Philosopher, I find this your statement pretty nonsensical. Why? If salt truly cures ebola as they advertise, then we need not take any salt again to bath because the human person is a bag of salt in itself. O Yes! If you taste your tears, it is salty. If you taste the mucous from your nose, it is salty. If you taste your sweat due to heat, it is salty. If you taste your blood, it is salty. If you taste the oily dirt from your ear, it is salty and bitter. If you taste your urine, it is salty. And I believe that if you taste your faeces too, it will be salty!

So, if you have been following my line of thought, you will come to understand with me that taking any more salt to bath or to drink is pretty foolish. It will be overdose. God has made us salty enough. O Yes! Mattew 5:13 says and I qoute;

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

So unless you are no longer salty or you lost your saltiness due to living in sin and living a wayward life, you may consider following the crowd of salt bathers and drinkers!

Please stop spreading all these Ebola nonsense all over facebook, BBM, Whatsapp and the internet. Stop being afraid. Fear is the first weapon the enemy uses to attack the children of God. Stop all theses fear and panicking. God is still there for us... O Yes. Psalm 46:10 tells us,

"Be still and acknowledge that I am God"

You can even take up a philosophical fatalist position that "WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE. And above all, remember that God is still in charge and he still has power over Ebola. O Yes... Psalm 115:3 says;

"Our God is in the heavens and he has power to do whatever he wills"

FINALLY, I CAN'T VOUCH FOR OTHERS BUT AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE ARE COVERED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS! And by the word of God which says in Exodus 15:26

"I AM THE GOD THAT HEALETH THEE"!

N.B
The above advice is originally mine alone and represents my views alone. It is not a "copy and paste work". Either take it or leave it! Good Day!

1 Like

Re: Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View by curiouses: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
exxell: This disease I believe is not here yet on a large scale.
So we should wait Till half of the population is infected before waging war on it. Educate yourself and stop all these religion nonsense. If you're indeed fearless, why don't you get a ticket and travel to Liberia.

Re: Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
curiouses:
So we should wait Till half of the population is infected before waging war on it. Educate yourself and stop all these religion nonsense. If you're indeed fearless, why don't you get a ticket and travel to Liberia.

Bro, am not saying we shoud not be pro-active. If you read my post well without prejudice, you will come to understand that all am advocating is that this "FEAR AND PANIC SHOULD STOP". If you are really experienced, you will understand that fear kills faster than any disease known to man! Ebola can kill only physically but Fear can kill both emotionally, physically, academically, spiritually, etc... You just name them!
Re: Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View by davno: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls don't mind curiouses or whatever his name is. He is an agent of fear. It is high time we let go of fear so we can't act and see d results of faith over ebola.
The fear of ebola all over d news can paralyze any meaningful solution.
Re: Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View by Spicylate(f): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
i could not finish d write up but what drew my attention was d where u said everybody will die. now i agree, everybody will die but nobody wishes to nor wants to be consumed untimely. now i ask, do u wnt ebola to consume u?
Re: Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Spicylate: i could not finish d write up but what drew my attention was d where u said everybody will die. now i agree, everybody will die but nobody wishes to nor wants to be consumed untimely. now i ask, do u wnt ebola to consume u?

Why would I want Ebola to consume me? Thats an uncalled for question. All am saying is that if it has been designed that I will contact it even after trying my best to prevent it; so be it. But the message there is that; THIS FEAR AND PANIC ATTACK SHOULD STOP!

(1) (Reply)

Pay Me My Money / How Uberfacts' Founder Makes $500,000 A Year On Twitter At Just 23 / Download WWE Smackdown 17th Oct 2014 HDTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.