Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Pay Me My Money - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pay Me My Money (1240 Views)

Gtbank Refuse To Pay Me / Help!! A Nairalander Has Refused Paying Me My Money(help) / Atm Machine Debited Me #40.000 How Can I Get My Money Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pay Me My Money by donwitty(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2014
Client: So Mr MC I believe you have what it takes to make the event very memorable. So how much will you charge.

MC: Sir, considering my experience and expertise in events like this, I charge between N200,000 and N250,000.

Client: Ahan…for what? Say wetin happen? Is it not to just come and talk

I’ve heard these lines more than 5million times. No sir, it is not to just come and talk, it is far more than that. If it is to just come and talk, why don’t you hand over the microphone to your son and let him make your event very memorable.
I think I have to speak for other MCs out there. This job is not easy, it is far more than just talking and as a matter of fact, the MC should be paid any amount he asks for, even if you’ll negotiate, don’t be too ridiculous with your pricing. I’ll show you other jobs your MC does at your event and why he should be well paid:
At every event, it is only the MC that stands through out. From the beginning of the event till the end, at least the MC remains standing for more than 80% of the whole time. We are not robots, we get bone and flesh like you. Our legs are paining us, yet we smile at you throughout your event while you remain seated devouring every form of food that passes your front *olojukokoro*
One person that most likely will not eat at an event is the MC, because while he is busy entertaining your guests with rib cracking jokes, food is being served and nobody will remind the caterer to reserve food for the MC….chai…there is God o.
What about souvernirs It is not ethical and professional for your MC to be stretching his hand and neck to collect souvenirs being distributed at events but courtesy demands that you just help the MC reserve his own. I’m not talking about those “plate and spoon” kind of souvenir o. I’ve anchored an event before that Rolex wristwatches were shared as souvenir. They were kind enough to keep mine…that’s what I’m talking about…but it was stolen. *dries tears*
Another reason why you should pay your MC well before the event is that a professional and ethical MC will never tax your guests for money unlike the band that will keep calling your guest’s name in their songs until they empty their purse and wallet. The band will collect the money your guests are suppose to spray you. A professional MC will only stick to the amount you paid him for the event, but that doesn’t stop you from adding more to his balance if he has impressed you by doing a wonderful job. Even invited guests sometimes envelope cool cash for the MC just to appreciate the good work he did. I wish a lot of people can imbibe this habit rather than just laughing and shouting “this MC na craze guy” when he is making them laugh well.
To those that believe that the MC’s job is just to come and talk…you are wonderfully wrong. I don’t know if you’ve noticed that some people cannot do anything while the event is going on unless they ask the MC. I was anchoring an event in Lekki last month when a guest drove into the car park, looking for a space to park, he ordered the security men to go and call the MC… When I saw the man! I asked him, “hope there’s no problem sir” He said I should show him where he can park his car. I told him to come and park on the high table *straight face* I resemble LASTMA or Road Safety?
Finally, the MC is held responsible for the outcome of the event mostly negative ones. When the event goes smoothly, nobody will remember the MC, but when there’s a little hiccup in d event, its the MC’s name that everybody shouts. The other day the Groom was vexed by his wife’s lateness to the wedding reception. He got angry and left the venue. The chairman called me and scolded me for allowing the bride come late for the reception…pls at this point help me judge this matter…Why me? Na me dey dress the bride ni? Abi na me do make-up for her? Abi na me be the chauffeur wey carry am come the reception. E gba mi o… Wetin concern MC with the lateness of the Bride The Groom came back sha after so much pleading from his family.
With this few points of mine, I hope you will start to pay MCs well for events and not to owe them their balance. God bless.

Read more www.wittypoet.

(1) (Reply)

How I Landed My First Pr Gig – A Guide For Beginners / What Is Wrong With This Picture??[church Poster Ft Buhari Edition] / British Woman Marries Dog See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.