Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Student Proves Professor Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Student Proves Professor Wrong (1477 Views)

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. / Conversation Between An Atheist Professor And His Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Proves Professor Wrong by chuqudy(m): 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
In 1902, a professor asked his student whether it was God who created everything that exists in the universe?
Student replied: Yes
He again asked: What about evil? Has God created evil also?
The student got silent. Then the student requested that may he ask a question for him? Professor allowed him to do so.
He asked: Does cold exist?
Professor said: Yes! Don't you feel the cold dear.
Student said: I am sorry but you are wrong sir. Cold is a complete absence of heat. There is no cold, it is just an absence of heat.
Student asked again: Does darkness exist?
Professor said: Yes!
Student replied: You are again wrong sir. There is no such thing like darkness. It is actually the absence of light. Sir! We always study light and heat, but not cold and darkness. Similarly, the evil does not exist. Actually it is the absence of love, faith and true belief in God...
The professor fainted.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nope the professor is not smart, my argument is God created every instances if there is no good there is no evil, and if there is no evil there is no good... If God didn't create evil then there shouldn't be evil at all, evil exist because God created it and all thing(including good)

1 Like

Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
pesty100: Nope the professor is not smart, my argument is God created every instances IF THERE IS GOOD THERE IS NO EVIL, AND IF THERE IS EVIL THERE IS NO GOOD.. If God didn't create evil then there shouldn't be evil at all, evil exist because God created it and ALL THING
how can this be?
inference frm thesis 1:if good exists, there's no space for evil and vice versa.

Inference frm thesis 2:God created evil only.

Question frm thesis 3:who then created Good?
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 3:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: how can this be?
inference frm thesis 1:if good exists, there's no space for evil and vice versa.

Inference frm thesis 2:God created evil only.

Question frm thesis 3:who then created Good?
tanks for pointing out my mistake it was a typographical error. I meant "if there is no good, there is no evil", and that the two instance exists because if there is a supreme being it was created by that supreme being or vice versal
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Evil was introduced to the world by man, the same way disobedience was introduced by man

1 Like

Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2014
Interval: Evil was introduced to the world by man, the same way disobedience was introduced by man
if I may ask who created man and supposedly all things
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
pesty100: if I may ask who created man and supposedly all things
God created man and every physical thing you can see for the benefit of man but the heart of man breeds wickedness and evil.u should also knw dat d devil still exists
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
pesty100: tanks for pointing out my mistake it was a typographical error. I meant "if there is no good, there is no evil", and that the two instance exists because if there is a supreme being it was created by that supreme being or vice versal
you are not 1 of those who believe that evil is the absence of good?...knowing what is GOOD but neglecting it is what is called EVIL. Land is an area where there's no water(God made the waters under the heaven gather in 1 place not that he actually created land) so is evil,the fact that he created Good does not mean he created evil cos evil lives in the heart where good does not cover.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
That student should have first read his bible where his god asserted that he did create evil.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Syncan(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: That student should have first read his bible where his god asserted that he did create evil.

Now who said the student was a christian
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: you are not 1 of those who believe that evil is the absence of good?...knowing what is GOOD but neglecting it is what is called EVIL. Land is an area where there's no water(God made the waters under the heaven gather in 1 place not that he actually created land) so is evil,the fact that he created Good does not mean he created evil cos evil lives in the heart where good does not cover.
so what you are saying is that God didn't create everything? see, What am saying is good and evil are two instances they complement each other, just like nairaland if you typed the wrong password a page comes out that tells you that; you type the wrong password, while if you typed the right one your profile open; those are two instances, if the programmer didn't create the instance when you typed the wrong password to take you to another page where you are told the password you typed is incorrect, then you would have been directed to a blank page, same applies to the concept of good and evil, hope I answered you
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Interval:
God created man and every physical thing you can see for the benefit of man but the heart of man breeds wickedness and evil.u should also knw dat d devil still exists
I have explained the concept to your friend
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
pesty100: so what you are saying is that God didn't create everything? see, What am saying is good and evil are two instances they complement each other, just like nairaland if you typed the wrong password a page comes out that tells you that; you type the wrong password, while if you typed the right one your profile open; those are two instances, if the programmer didn't create the instance when you typed the wrong password to take you to another page where you are told the password you typed is incorrect, then you would have been directed to a blank page, same applies to the concept of good and evil, hope I answered you
still doesn't debunk my claim bro...He knew that that there would be time good would evaporate frm human's mind(nd this will create space for evil)..Oga seun had envisaged that wrong password issue is bound to happen that's y he created a page to direct users and not that he caused the wrong password..tanx for the prompt replies bro, #i'm learning and practising#
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Toyolad: still doesn't debunk my claim bro...He knew that that there would be time good would evaporate frm human's mind(nd this will create space for evil)..Oga seun had envisaged that wrong password issue is bound to happen that's y he created a page to direct users and not that he caused the wrong password..tanx for the prompt replies bro, #i'm learning and practising#
I don't understand a thing you re saying
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
pesty100: I don't understand a thing you re saying
then read it again when u're settled
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: still doesn't debunk my claim bro...He knew that that there would be time good would evaporate frm human's mind(nd this will create space for evil)..Oga seun had envisaged that wrong password issue is bound to happen that's y he created a page to direct users and not that he caused the wrong password..tanx for the prompt replies bro, #i'm learning and practising#
I didn't say God causes evil, I said he created evil just like what happens after all the good has been evaporated, if he didn't create evil, then when all the good has evaporated nothing should be left. Let me ask u a question; what happens when all the evil evaporates?
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 6:29am On Aug 10, 2014
pesty100: I didn't say God causes evil, I said he created evil just like what happens after all the good has been evaporated, if he didn't create evil, then when all the good has evaporated nothing should be left. Let me ask u a question; what happens when all the evil evaporates?
Bro,in your heart,it's either u av good in there or evil.
You can't have an empty heart.
Now Good is the absence of evil;Evil is the absence of good.just as a land is a place where there's no water and if water evaporates we av land.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: Bro,in your heart,it's either u av good in there or evil.
You can't have an empty heart.
Now Good is the absence of evil;Evil is the absence of good.just as a land is a place where there's no water and if water evaporates we av land.
both the water and the land was supposedly created by a supreme being; that's just what am trying to tell u
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 6:55am On Aug 10, 2014
pesty100: both the water and the land was supposedly created by a supreme being; that's just what am trying to tell u
Gen 1:9 "let the water under the heaven be gathered together unto one place and let the DRY LAND APPEAR" N:B He didn't say let there be,He said let d water gather and let the dry land appear frm where the water moved away.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: Gen 1:9 "let the water under the heaven be gathered together unto one place and let the DRY LAND APPEAR" N:B He didn't say let there be,He said let d water gather and let the dry land appear frm where the water moved away.
so who created the dry land? (is it the heart of man?)
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 10:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: Gen 1:9 "let the water under the heaven be gathered together unto one place and let the DRY LAND APPEAR" N:B He didn't say let there be,He said let d water gather and let the dry land appear frm where the water moved away.
he said let the dry land appear because there wasn't any dry land (a supreme being with word of authority), if dry land was to be really existing, then he wouldn't have bothered to command it to appear, when water gathers into one place, automatically dry land will appear, but in the creation story's case, there was no dry land and God commanded it to appear. Unless you are telling me God didn't create all things (including land and water)
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 11:20am On Aug 10, 2014
pesty100: he said let the dry land appear because there wasn't any dry land (a supreme being with word of authority), if dry land was to be really existing, then he wouldn't have bothered to command it to appear, when water gathers into one place, automatically dry land will appear, but in the creation story's case, there was no dry land and God commanded it to appear. Unless you are telling me God didn't create all things (including land and water)
sir,think abt this...

When the water gathered,automatically Land appeared bt the land was WET(can anything grow on a wet land?) So He said "Let DRY land appear"..when He was creating d sun,did He say "let HOT sun appear"?..the fact is:there was land where d water moved away from bt being a God of orderliness,He made a DRY LAND appear.

Wait!!!...are u telling me God created water?.lol
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: sir,think abt this...

When the water gathered,automatically Land appeared bt the land was WET(can anything grow on a wet land?) So He said "Let DRY land appear"..when He was creating d sun,did He say "let HOT sun appear"?..the fact is:there was land where d water moved away from bt being a God of orderliness,He made a DRY LAND appear.

Wait!!!...are u telling me God created water?.lol
rice grows on wet land, d question is dis did he create land or not? Now you re telling me he created dry land, and not wet land, remember he said let ALL THE WATER, you don't expected a single drop to remain on the ground if water obeys a God... So the water in that context would have all gathered in on place, but because there wasn't a land, he now commanded dry land to appear... And also who now created water? If God didn't
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
pesty100: rice grows on wet land, d question is dis did he create land or not? Now you re telling me he created dry land, and not wet land, remember he said let ALL THE WATER, you don't expected a single drop to remain on the ground if water obeys a God... So the water in that context would have all gathered in on place, but BECAUSE THERE WAS A LAND, he NOW commanded dry land to appear... And also who now created water? If God didn't
@capslocked,I'm assuming u've gotten my point at Last.

Abeg tell me where God said 'let there be water' or 'let water appear'.
Read gen 1:1-3..even His own spirit was hovering on the face of WATERS,NB:this was before creation started.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
pesty100: rice grows on wet land, d question is dis did he create land or not? Now you re telling me he created dry land, and not wet land, remember he said let ALL THE WATER, you don't expected a single drop to remain on the ground if water obeys a God... So the water in that context would have all gathered in on place, BUT BECAUSE THERE WAS A LAND, he NOW commanded dry land to appear... And also who now created water? If God didn't
@capslocked,with that,it's safe to assume that you now get my point.

Read gen 1:1-3...Even His own spirit was hovering on the face of the waters.NB:this was before creation started.
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: @capslocked,with that,it's safe to assume that you now get my point.

Read gen 1:1-3...Even His own spirit was hovering on the face of the waters.NB:this was before creation started.
my error again, I wanted to write wasn't
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by pesty100(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
Toyolad: @capslocked,with that,it's safe to assume that you now get my point.

so God didn't create all things?
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
pesty100: so God didn't create all things?
Answer the question bro,it's obvious bro
Re: Student Proves Professor Wrong by Toyolad(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2014
pesty100: my error again, I wanted to write wasn't
lemme ask u these qstns too.

what was left in/on the area the water moved away from?

Why did God use the words DRY LAND instead of just LAND like He said to other things he created and APPEAR instead of "let there be"?

(1) (Reply)

The Day A Fake Seminarian Was Arrested At Ikpayongo,benue State / Ten (10) Shocking Hidden Truths In Christendom. / Barbara Andersons Dairy: The "Given Ones" Jehovahs Provision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.