Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. (12105 Views)

Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals / Investors Needed In A Marble Mining Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hi Everyone,
Please i'll like to know the requirements of setting up a mining company in Nigeria.
Which of the solid mineral is in high demand and saves cost on production/running
cost,profits,etc? What are the requirements and is the license difficult/easy to obtain?
Plus other miscellaneous infos that could be
helpful.
Thanks for reading.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by sholatech(m): 1:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Rocgirl, do You want to be trading in minerals or want full exploration and mining company set up?
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2014
sholatech: Rocgirl, do You want to be trading in minerals or want full exploration and mining company set up?

Thanks for the response.
I wouldn't mind any insight you'd have on any of the bolded.
Hope to hear from you again.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by sholatech(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2014
I've got extensive experience in both and probably need to guide on each.
First, it is easy to register a firm that will encompass both the exploration/mining and export of the mined products. Can guide you on objects to include while incorporating

2. Key minerals depends on your desired location in Nigeria. Note that most discovered and widely explored minerals are in the North. Tin ore, columbite, lead ore, zinc ore etc have stood test of time for years. Those are 'metals'. And for gemstones , tourmaline and topaz are always availlable

3. You do not need a mining license if it's just for trading. But to mine and explore, you do need to obtain relevant licenses from the Cadastral office of the Federal Min of mines. Relatively easy and usually on first come first have basis for specific site

3 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by geezzzyy(m): 10:03am On Aug 09, 2014
The pros far outweighs the cons. This sector is a barely tapped gold mine, literally.

A) However, if you want to explore/mine, be prepared to spend some big money. It is expensive to go into, but yet very very profitable.

B) If you want to trade, there are two options:
1) BUY FROM LOCAL MINES THEN SELL INTERNATIONALLY AT A PROFIT.
2) ACT AS A TRADE FACILITATOR. WORK WITH LOCAL MINES TO FIND BUYERS FOR THEM.. THEN THEY'LL PAY YOU COMMISSIONS.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2014
sholatech: I've got extensive experience in both and probably need to guide on each.
First, it is easy to register a firm that will encompass both the exploration/mining and export of the mined products. Can guide you on objects to include while incorporating

2. Key minerals depends on your desired location in Nigeria. Note that most discovered and widely explored minerals are in the North. Tin ore, columbite, lead ore, zinc ore etc have stood test of time for years. Those are 'metals'. And for gemstones , tourmaline and topaz are always availlable

3. You do not need a mining license if it's just for trading. But to mine and explore, you do need to obtain relevant licenses from the Cadastral office of the Federal Min of mines. Relatively easy and usually on first come first have basis for specific site

Again,thanks for the reply.
(1)Interestingly,i never knew it was relatively easy to register a firm that encompassed both the exploration/mining and exportation/trading of mined products. Wouldn't mind if you could shade more light on that(Incorporating,et al)
(2) Yeah, i do know that for a fact. With the current security challenges going on in the region at the moment,should there be any sort of concerns...?
(3)If a mining license isn't needed for trading,what's the license or approvals that a prospective trader would be needing?
A few days ago;the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel went tougher on illegal miners and also withdrew operating licenses of over 600 firms,do you think getting a mining license would be as relatively easy as it used to be before now?
Also,what's the requirement of getting a mining license?
Regards.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2014
geezzzyy: The pros far outweighs the cons. This sector is a barely tapped gold mine, literally.

A) However, if you want to explore/mine, be prepared to spend some big money. It is expensive to go into, but yet very very profitable.

B) If you want to trade, there are two options:
1) BUY FROM LOCAL MINES THEN SELL INTERNATIONALLY AT A PROFIT.
2) ACT AS A TRADE FACILITATOR. WORK WITH LOCAL MINES TO FIND BUYERS FOR THEM.. THEN THEY'LL PAY YOU COMMISSIONS.

Thanks for the reply.
Could you please shade some light on A and B,
especially B 1&2?
Regards.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by sholatech(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
@rocgirl,

1. Incorporating a company in the country us basically the same for all Industries. Its just that some sectors require specified documentations.

2. Most people that call themselves "miners' in Nigeria are just 'Traders'. Simply buy from those that have mined and sell.

3. If you are selling locally, you need no license-same as the tomato seller in your neighbourhood market need no license to resell;

4. Most mined products are exported, so if u intend to sell outside Nigeria, you obtain Export License from NEPC.

5. There are rules for operating mining licenses issued.If they not abided by, they are cancelled as was the case with those 600 firms. The Mining act states principally that licenses are guided by 'Use it or Lose It'. Most were speculators, obtained licenses without using them.

6. Ilegal Miners are those physically mining at areas not licensed to them to operate in. Its a major menace been tackled by the FG
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
sholatech: @rocgirl,

1. Incorporating a company in the country us basically the same for all Industries. Its just that some sectors require specified documentations.

2. Most people that call themselves "miners' in Nigeria are just 'Traders'. Simply buy from those that have mined and sell.

3. If you are selling locally, you need no license-same as the tomato seller in your neighbourhood market need no license to resell;

4. Most mined products are exported, so if u intend to sell outside Nigeria, you obtain Export License from NEPC.

5. There are rules for operating mining licenses issued.If they not abided by, they are cancelled as was the case with those 600 firms. The Mining act states principally that licenses are guided by 'Use it or Lose It'. Most were speculators, obtained licenses without using them.

6. Ilegal Miners are those physically mining at areas not licensed to them to operate in. Its a major menace been tackled by the FG

Yet again,thanks for the reply!
(1)Sure i know. Whats the documentation(s) that'll be needed when incorporating as a mining/exploration company and as a trader?
(2) Thanks for the insight on that.
(3)Thats so good to know! Is it compulsory a trader has a registered company or can a trader actually freelance(no incorporation and any of it's representations)?
(4)Is the NEPC easy to obtain and what are the requirements/checklists to do so? Would the NEPC still be required when not selling outside Nigeria?
(5)Copied.
(6)Copied,again.
Would you mind me doing you a pm?
Regards.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by i1: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2014
hey Rocgirl.
I am a lawyer who has handled some mining jobs before. you must register your company. pls before going into exploration I advise u trade for about a year, so you can know a bit about the industry and buyers for the product. I can guide you. pls contact me.
sholatech I need lead. can you get for me. do contact me.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by sholatech(m): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2014
@rocgirl, you can send me email at jospminer@yahoo.com
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
sholatech: @rocgirl, you can send me email at jospminer@yahoo.com
Sent you a pm..
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
i1: hey Rocgirl.
I am a lawyer who has handled some mining jobs before. you must register your company. pls before going into exploration I advise u trade for about a year, so you can know a bit about the industry and buyers for the product. I can guide you. pls contact me.

Please send me a pm.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by boyo123(m): 6:38am On Aug 11, 2014
sholatech: I've got extensive experience in both and probably need to guide on each.

.sir do u av any gem stone deposit that u need to set up a mine for.i tink i knw someone who culd partner u
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by geezzzyy(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2014
i1: hey Rocgirl.

Hello sir, CONTACT ME VIA info@bonsakal.com or gare4u2@gmail.com for you lead inquiry..
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by kpokas: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Please i would like to invest in mining, which will be trading of minerals for a start, but i dont know how to get buyers and which minerals are in demand and how to source them. Anybody who knows and is willing to partner with me will be welcomed. I am based in abuja
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by boyo123(m): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
kpokas: Please i would like to invest in mining, which will be trading of minerals for a start, but i dont know how to get buyers and which minerals are in demand and how to source them. Anybody who knows and is willing to partner with me will be welcomed. I am based in abuja
same here bro. But i know tourmaline nd sappirs and a couple of other minerals like quartz(but they av to be the colored once).the main problem am facing here is locating a good place were dis minerals are deposited.av bin reading lots of books based on the geology of nigeria bt i avent bin able to get enuf infor.but i dnt mind being ur partner if u find any.i can help with all the other aspects tanks
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
geezzzyy:

Hello sir, CONTACT ME VIA info@bonsakal.com or gare4u2@gmail.com for you lead inquiry..

Sent you a mail already. Please treat.
Regards.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by kpokas: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Please boyo123 can we meet to discuss further. I stay in wuse. This is my email, do contact me so we can discuss on how to meet

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by kpokas: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2014
buchisagums@yahoo.com
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by boyo123(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2014
kpokas: Please boyo123 can we meet to discuss further. I stay in wuse. This is my email, do contact me so we can discuss on how to meet
tanks for replyn bro.but i dnt stay in abuja am presently in lagos.we can talk through calls
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by IFEADIKA(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Am really interested....will like to know the ones that are profitable and have high demand in the foreign market....and where is it being mined in Nigeria...Thanks...Reply either here or email me at weeblyproductsales@gmail.com
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by boyo123(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
IFEADIKA: Am really interested....will like to know the ones that are profitable and have high demand in the foreign market....and where is it being mined in Nigeria...Thanks...Reply either here or email me at weeblyproductsales@gmail.com
tourmaline,quartz nd sappires are good examples.nd dey are majorly found in the north,but we can find them in other regions too.so if u live in an area or u know a rocky environment that is rich in colored stones.u can let me know.but if u want to just buy nd sell,its advisable to buy from the local minners.u will make more money that way
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hey richarts,
Come and join the discussion on here,would you?

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by hafeez65: 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Guys, nice discussion, am very interested in Gold mining. But not in Nigeria, the gold deposit is very small compare to South Africa, Ghana, Tanzania, Ivory Coast. etc. in Africa.
I have a plan to go for Gold mining in Tanzania. Tanzania is the 3rd largest deposit of Gold in Africa.
I have connection with a German Consultant in TANZANIA whom train interested people within 45 days, you have your own gold mine.
With $20,000 USD you will own your gold mine modern equipments, he will acquire license and register your company and even bank account in Tanzania for you. And in 3 months you make 500% of your investment.
Guys this is not scamming it's real, it posible to form form a joint partners. If you are interested contact me: 08023411233.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
hafeez65: Guys, nice discussion, am very interested in Gold mining. But not in Nigeria, the gold deposit is very small compare to South Africa, Ghana, Tanzania, Ivory Coast. etc. in Africa.
I have a plan to go for Gold mining in Tanzania. Tanzania is the 3rd largest deposit of Gold in Africa.
I have connection with a German Consultant in TANZANIA whom train interested people within 45 days, you have your own gold mine.
With $20,000 USD you will own your gold mine modern equipments, he will acquire license and register your company and even bank account in Tanzania for you. And in 3 months you make 500% of your investment.
Guys this is not scamming it's real, it posible to form form a joint partners. If you are interested contact me: 08023411233.
Hehehe sounds tempting but scary.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by iamord(m): 2:41am On Aug 17, 2014
IjogzK: Hehehe sounds tempting but scary.

Reading it it makes the deal look so sugary.. But am like... Just like that?? Omo I trust no one scam boku
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by hafeez65: 5:39am On Aug 17, 2014
Guys, this is real you may not believe it. Let us talk if you have interest.
You should know that gold is most valuable commodity in the world market for over 500yrs.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by dellaziz(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
pls anybody here... someone told me that to get a mining licence...you would need to have up to 30 mill a

how true

thanks 4 d response in advance
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by andico34: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
hafeez65: Guys, this is real you may not believe it. Let us talk if you have interest.
You should know that gold is most valuable commodity in the world market for over 500yrs.
he is saying the truth on this....there is a foreign owned company named goldivanti tanzania limited running this operation for small scale miners.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by kpokas: 9:03am On Aug 31, 2014
But the minimum investment which is $15,000 - $20,000 is on the high side
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2014
rocgirl: Hey richarts,
Come and join the discussion on here,would you?

This is richarts. I have issues with the handle. This is my business handle. Been following.
I can see that the business requires some cash.
However, more important information here is that one should trade not necessarily for a year but for a reasonable period before going fully into the business.
Every reasonable person would do that.
The problem is going to the north, I would not want to do that.
I think Ondo state is not bad too. I heard they have some minerals there.
How true?
You are in Lagos right?
I can also see you guys already connected. One needs to be careful sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Estate Or Shares: Which Is Better? / The Billion Coin(TBC); Scam Or Real? / My 2021 Investment Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.