Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. (12104 Views)

Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals / Investors Needed In A Marble Mining Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by dellaziz(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2014
kpokas: But the minimum investment which is $15,000 - $20,000 is on the high side

are you talking about how to go for the Tanzanian gold stuff or to get a license in NIGERIA
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by seuntoyo: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
This is really an interesting discussion. Well, I am a graduate of geology, still hunting for job though but I would love to partner with any gemologist or experienced mineral/gemstone trader here. I really wish to go fully into the biz later but for now I don't mind working for you for a stipend just to gain experience. I am a little conversant with gems and minerals and can carry any research which you want on any of them. I have set up a platform on one of the best international biz-biz website to get buyers for gem-stones, and solid minerals. Pls do well to contact me through my mail, I'll be glad to work with you: seuntoyo@gmail.com.
Regards.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by hafeez65: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
kpokas: But the minimum investment which is $15,000 - $20,000 is on the high side
Small scale Gold mining in Tanzania that you can start with $20,000 is very OK compare to Nigeria gold mining.
In Tanzania, you are very sure of making 500% of your investment in 6 months. The gold deposit in Tanzania is higher than in Nigeria, and your company is to be registered, open Bank account and all necessary documents that will authorize you to mine.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Morning.

Been following the discussions.

Need help and how-to on the below:

There's an area in my home state that is known for gold deposits. In fact illegal mining strive there.

Now am interested in gold mining. If I want to start a mining operation in the said place what are the necessary things I need to do ams how to go about it. Legal mining I mean.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by kpokas: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2014
You have to go to the ministry of mines to get a mining license.
kingphemy: Morning.
Been following the discussions.
Need help and how-to on the below:
There's an area in my home state that is known for gold deposits. In fact illegal mining strive there.
Now am interested in gold mining. If I want to start a mining operation in the said place what are the necessary things I need to do ams how to go about it. Legal mining I mean.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2014
kpokas: You have to go to the ministry of mines to get a mining license.

After getting the mining license I can then go ahead to area of interest?

What is involved to get a mining license.?
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by husleleks: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
very interesting, bt am on the business already so i dont need to talk much well trading gem is a very lucrative business if u know international buyers. Bt i can still put more light to it: albatinglobal@gmail.com thx
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by vevcommedia(m): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2014
can you can link me up with local miners, i can get international buyers.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Alayubi: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
@boyo and co. D gem business is too risky in Nigeria as I myself have been involved. Am a geologist hence d affinity for it. You'll just be chasing shadows. Your supplier will never trust you and he wouldn't tell you so does the buyer who'll probably assassinate both you and your supplier. Except you're d devil itself you can't survive there because to start with its all illegal.
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by rocgirl: 12:07am On Dec 28, 2014
Alayubi:
@boyo and co. D gem business is too risky in Nigeria as I myself have been involved. Am a geologist hence d affinity for it You'll just be chasing shadows. Your supplier will never trust you and he wouldn't tell you so does the buyer who'll probably assassinate both you and your supplier. Except you're d devil itself you can't survive there because to start with its all illegal.

I sincerely appreciate the fact that you've gotten quite a lot of experience in the business, like you pointed out in the bolded lines.
For the newbies/dummies, that has an interest in getting something started in that area; don't you think sharing a motivational story or letting them in on what 'works' would go a long way in helping them decide?

2 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by kk4real: 4:35am On Dec 28, 2014
rocgirl:
Hi Everyone,
Please i'll like to know the requirements of setting up a mining company in Nigeria.
Which of the solid mineral is in high demand and saves cost on production/running
cost,profits,etc? What are the requirements and is the license difficult/easy to obtain?
Plus other miscellaneous infos that could be
helpful.
Thanks for reading.

Pls mail me on tonero98@yahoo.com
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by dabosuker(m): 1:25am On Jan 18, 2015
i want to go into the mineral business, ..yeah those germ stones, am interested ... embarassed..need info
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 18, 2015
@ rocgirl
Please follow, then resend wink
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nafizzey(m): 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
sholatech:
I've got extensive experience in both and probably need to guide on each.
First, it is easy to register a firm that will encompass both the exploration/mining and export of the mined products. Can guide you on objects to include while incorporating

2. Key minerals depends on your desired location in Nigeria. Note that most discovered and widely explored minerals are in the North. Tin ore, columbite, lead ore, zinc ore etc have stood test of time for years. Those are 'metals'. And for gemstones , tourmaline and topaz are always availlable

3. You do not need a mining license if it's just for trading. But to mine and explore, you do need to obtain relevant licenses from the Cadastral office of the Federal Min of mines. Relatively easy and usually on first come first have basis for specific site
please what's the capital requirement to go into exploration or exportation or even both? please give details. Thank you
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Nafizzey(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nafizzey:
please what's the capital requirement to go into exploration or exportation or even both? please give details. Thank you
cc: sholatech
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by standfit5(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
IjogzK:
Hehehe sounds tempting but scary.
Indeed scary. No courtesy in the info divulged in a public domain as this. Hmmm....looking to read how far you truly will go and return to this forum to share your growth in the business
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by micton(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
Pls I need someone that has mining Site for gold and mining license? Pls in box me. mictonsl@yahoo.com
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by FavourSaviour: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
actually I served in d middlebelt of Nigeria, plateau state. I own a tin field from d geological survey, gotten mining licences and titles only left with geophysical survey but I need partners cos no cash to carry on ... or if anyone has d contact of foreign investors should help outflows the site is situated in plateau state around bukuru axis. to talk further reach me on
08105624489 or osassaviour@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Larwin(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
FavourSaviour:
actually I served in d middlebelt of Nigeria, plateau state. I own a tin field from d geological survey, gotten mining licences and titles only left with geophysical survey but I need partners cos no cash to carry on ... or if anyone has d contact of foreign investors should help outflows the site is situated in plateau state around bukuru axis. to talk further reach me on

what is size of the tin? if its not that big, you can do the geophysical investigation once. if its big, i ll advise you section it so that you can be getting return while you explore wider.
In any case you can contact me for your investigations. I will be soft on you wink
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by FavourSaviour: 1:00am On Jan 06, 2018
m
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by Larwin(m): 5:50am On Jan 06, 2018
FavourSaviour:

can you drop your number so I contact you

0806 028 8869
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by NovusHomo(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
rocgirl:
Hi Everyone,
Please i'll like to know the requirements of setting up a mining company in Nigeria.
Which of the solid mineral is in high demand and saves cost on production/running
cost,profits,etc? What are the requirements and is the license difficult/easy to obtain?
Plus other miscellaneous infos that could be
helpful.
Thanks for reading.

This thread stopped in 2018. Is anyone still interested?
Re: Setting Up A Mining Company-- Requirements,pros And Cons. by ayoola648(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2021
You can contact me on Ayoola648@gmail.com for your environmental permits (EIA, EA etc) and studies

FavourSaviour:

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Billion Coin(TBC); Scam Or Real? / Real Estate Or Shares: Which Is Better? / My 2021 Investment Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.