Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? (3552 Views)

How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 11:08am On Aug 09, 2014
a) Write his/her will
b) Run to a country without Ebola (and that can also treat it) eg UK/Denmark/Japan
c) Smoke weed, have sex, play as much videogames and watch TV before he or she meets death
d) Go on a murderous rampage as we are all dead anyway
e) Commit suicide because it is faster to die from a head-shot gunshot than Ebola
f) THE ANONY SPECIAL- go on a rap.ing spree because there is no God
g) Spread information about handwashing and precautionary steps to avoid Ebola and hope for a cure to come soon.

cheesy
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2014
Should we infer from the OP that Atheists lack some sense of morality?

1 Like

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
striktlymi: Should we infer from the OP that Atheists lack some sense of morality?

How can you infer from differing choices that have not been chosen? Are all the choices immoral or are you just an anti-atheist bigot?
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

How can you infer from differing choices that have not been chosen? Are all the choices immoral or are you just an anti-atheist bigot?

I said "some sense of moarlity" not "all sense of morality". I am only too sure that going on a muderous spree is not only selfish but also amoral.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
striktlymi:

I said "some sense of moarlity" not "all sense of morality". I am only too sure that going on a muderous spree is not only selfish but also amoral.

I agree it is immoral too.

wink
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
^^^

How can murder be immoral for an atheist?

Who defines what is immoral for an atheist?
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo: ^^^

who defines what is immoral or moral to baboons? They also have codes cool

3 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo: ^^^

Let me answer your second question first. You must think like a child if you need someone to define what is immoral for you. You need to be babysitted?

As for your second question, are you giving an excuse for atheists to kill you? After all, you are making the argument that they have no morality. They wouldnt go to prison,, rather they would go to asylum (because of the mental issue)
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
kolawaxxy:

who defines what is immoral or moral to babbons? They also have codes cool

A baboon told you they have a moral code but didnt tell you who defines the moral code?
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Let me answer your second question first. You must think like a child if you need someone to define what is immoral for you. You need to be babysitted?

As for your second question, are you giving an excuse for atheists to kill you? After all, you are making the argument that they have no morality. They wouldnt go to prison,, rather they would go to asylum (because of the mental issue)

The only reason you failed to answer any of my questions is that your atheistic world view has no logical legs to stand on. It's just empty.

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo:

The only reason you failed to answer any of my questions is that your atheistic world view has no logical legs to stand on. It's just empty.

It could be that your two questions are ridiculous. As a conservative christian, you would fail to see why.

I mean, God forbid if someone uses his or her brain to reason and make moral decisions. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by tobechi74: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
An atheist doubts the disease.

He denies the existence of Ebola and sees it as an attempt by the white to depopulate the world by wiping off africa

finally,he blames God for the virus.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
tobechi74: An atheist doubts the disease.

He denies the existence of Ebola and sees it as an attempt by the white to depopulate the world by wiping off africa

finally,he blames God for the virus.

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 12:44am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

It could be that your two questions are ridiculous. As a conservative christian, you would fail to see why.

I mean, God forbid if someone uses his or her brain to reason and make moral decisions. grin grin

Your reasoning is empty.

You claim murder is immoral...but you cannot tell us what makes it immoral and who defines your morality.

That's the emptiness and irrationality of atheism.

smiley
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 12:48am On Aug 10, 2014
You cannot even say what is "a moral decision."

It seems that one has to be dumb to be an atheist.

Just look at all the holes in your thinking.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 12:48am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

Your reasoning is empty.

You claim murder is immoral...but you cannot tell us what makes it immoral and [size=18pt]who[/size] defines your morality.

That's the emptiness and irrationality of atheism.

smiley

Take note of the word in bold- it depicts the arrogance/failure of christian morality.

Someone needs to tell gown men how to behave morally grin grin grin

If someone asked you why you shouldnt kill your friends, would your best answer be "because God said we shouldnt kill"?

9 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 12:52am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Take note of the word in bold- it depicts the arrogance/failure of christian morality.

Someone needs to tell gown men how to behave morally grin grin grin

If someone asked you why you shouldnt kill your friends, would your best answer be "because God said we shouldnt kill"?

My friend, you reasoning is empty...that's why you're dodging simple questions.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 1:01am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

My friend, you reasoning is empty...that's why you're dodging simple questions.

cheesy

I chose to point out the ridiculousness of ignorantly biased questions rather than answer them.

Imagine someone asking me why I think murder is wrong just because I am an atheist. you might as well consent to me murdering you. After all, I can always use the defense that I lack moral grounding as an atheist and use the insanity plea which could get me off jail time.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 1:03am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

cheesy

I chose to point out the ridiculousness of ignorantly biased questions rather than answer them

You've no reasonable answer.

Empty as always.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 1:40am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

You've no reasonable answer.

Empty as always.

grin grin

I beat you at your own game. Next time dont ask foolish questions
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 1:42am On Aug 10, 2014
italo: You cannot even say what is "a moral decision."

It seems that one has to be dumb to be an atheist.

Just look at all the holes in your thinking.

I know, Bill Gates dumb or Seun Osewa dumb or even Richard Dawkins dumb

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by plaetton: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2014
kolawaxxy:

who defines what is immoral or moral to babbons? They also have codes cool

Bravo!
I too wonder why baboons don't go a murderous spree instead of sticking together in social units.

Maybe baboons have the baboon commandments. Lol.
I guess Italo has never heard of social evolution. Christian brains don't process any phrase with the word "evolution" in it.
Lil.

3 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 1:58am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin

I beat you at your own game. Next time dont ask foolish questions

There was never a game.

You're just trying to mask your block head.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 2:00am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I know, Bill Gates dumb or Seun Osewa dumb or even Richard Dawkins dumb

You think being intelligent equals making money. ..

Ah! You're even worse than I thought.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 2:02am On Aug 10, 2014
plaetton:

Bravo!
I too wonder why baboons don't go a murderous spree instead of sticking together in social units.

I guess Italo has never heard of social evolution. Christian brains don't process any phrase with the word "evolution" in it.
Lil.

The simple questions none of you emptyheads can attempt is:

Why is murder bad?

Who defines it so?
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by plaetton: 2:26am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

The simple questions none of you emptyheads can attempt is:

Why is murder bad?

Who defines it so?
If you had anything upstairs, then the reference to baboon should gotten you thinking, because, the answer is embedded in that reference.
I guess it's always too much to goad you religious folks into a thinking mode. You like to be spoonfed things from your self-appointed herders.

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 2:28am On Aug 10, 2014
plaetton:
If you had anything upstairs, then the reference to baboon should gotten you thinking, because, the answer is embedded in that reference.
I guess it's always too much to goad you religious folks into a thinking mode. You like to be spoonfed things from your self-appointed herders.

Still unable to answer.

grin
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 5:45am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

You think being intelligent equals making money. ..

Ah! You're even worse than I thought.

The three people I mentioned, is it money that defines them or their works?

You are not thinking straight
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 10, 2014
plaetton:

Bravo!

Lil.

grin
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 7:41am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

The three people I mentioned, is it money that defines them or their works?

You are not thinking straight

I see how desperate you are to avoid the questions:

Why is murder immoral?

Who defines it so?

No atheist is smart enough to contemplate that, it seems.

smiley
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by TheBigUrban2: 7:56am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

I see how desperate you are to avoid the questions:

Why is murder immoral?

Who defines it so?

No atheist is smart enough to contemplate that, it seems.

smiley

grin grin grin

If you answer the questions from a christian perspective, I PROMISE that I will fully answer your questions.
Re: What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? by italo: 8:27am On Aug 10, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin

If you answer the questions from a christian perspective, I PROMISE that I will fully answer your questions.

You can't answer...that's why you haven't.

You're depending on the Christian viewpoint to explain your viewpoint? Christianity has nothing to do with the questions, sorry, try another evading tactic. This one is stupidd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible. / Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? / Prophet TB Joshua Releases Strong Prophecy On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.