Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg (849 Views)

Please Help Ring Worm Eating My Leg For Two Years Now / Chinese Woman's bosom Implant Explodes After 4-hours Game Session / When Bum Implant Surgery Goes Horribly Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by Resilience: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nairalanders please I would like to know ur opinions on this issue. I have a 3yrs old implant in my thigh due to a fracture.I have been indecisive about whether or not to leave the implant in place. Please what do you guys think,do you or anyone you know carry an implant,do you plan to take it out or leave it in. What are the pros and cons of doing any of the above. Mine is assymptomatic. Thks for your contributions
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by lomaxx: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
Wait!
How did the implant get in there in the first place?
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by thorpido(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
I'll say take it out.I'll assume you are young so you still have many more years ahead of you.
An implant is a foreign body and the body usually does not like foreign bodies.
It's often asymptomatic but you might have to deal with issues like passing through a scanner and using electromagnetic machines.

1 Like

Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by Resilience: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
The leg was operated on and the implant was put in place quote author=lomaxx]Wait!
How did the implant get in there in the first place?[/quote]
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by lomaxx: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Resilience: The leg was operated on and the implant was put in place quote author=lomaxx]Wait!
How did the implant get in there in the first place?

Exactly. If there's anyone you should ask whether or not to leave an implant in place, it should be he who put it there!!!
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by Resilience: 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thks Lomaxx,I have been told I could either take it out or leave it in. Both options are open for me to use my discretion.Dt's why I want to know people's opinon on the subject. Thks to u too Thorpido. Pls cud someone tell me how to quote a comment properly, thks
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by Ninilowo(m): 1:47am On Aug 10, 2014
Resilience: Thks Lomaxx,I have been told I could either take it out or leave it in. Both options are open for me to use my discretion.Dt's why I want to know people's opinon on the subject. Thks to u too Thorpido. Pls cud someone tell me how to quote a comment properly, thks
click on "quote", wait for it to load and start typing. Never attempt to highlight. Lobatan.
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by Resilience: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thks Ninilowo
Ninilowo: click on "quote", wait for it to load and start typing. Never attempt to highlight. Lobatan.
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by viuche: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
If the implant is not disturbing you, then no need of removing it, because it will warrant you another pain,and physiotherapy. I removed mine after one year, because my body was reacting to it. Sorry o
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by Resilience: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thks,hope you felt better after the removal
viuche: If the implant is not disturbing you, then no need of removing it, because it will warrant you another pain,and physiotherapy. I removed mine after one year, because my body was reacting to it. Sorry o
Re: Am Confused About Taking Out Or Leaving In The Implant On My Leg by viuche: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Resilience: Thks,hope you felt better after the removal
Yes I did, it took me like one month and constant physiotherapy to recover well, because I was on crutches then.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / 5 Shocking Sex Hazards You Never Knew About / JOHESU Stage Protest In LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.