Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana (26748 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by omanifrank(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2014

After several negative scares and a near invincible general outlook concerning Ebola which has become a regional threat to West Africa, it seems Ghana just may have recorded her first case of Ebola!

It is reported that on Friday afternoon, a Burkinabe man, who had general symptoms of Ebola including fever, nose and ear bleeding, was taken to the Bawku Presbyterian Hospital dead on arrival. The man was brought through the border from Burkina to Ghana by his relatives who wanted proper medical care for him but he died on the way. My question? Why wasn’t he screened at the border? Is Ghana this careless?

Dr Joseph Yaw Manu, confirmed to StarrFMonline.com that the man had died at the time he was brought in, saying: “…What scared me most as a Medical Doctor is that he was bleeding from his ears and nose–symptoms of Ebola.”

Do you know what I am thinking? If it is indeed Ebola, there will be a few more cases reported in the vicinity soon because several others were exposed without protective clothing to the body of the man. Especially since it wasn’t expected. The medical personnel and the people who carried him to the hospital and anyone else who touched him or came in contact with his body somehow.

Very disturbing news for a country whose health minister instead of preparing for the health threat was saying on Friday that Ghana will never see Ebola but only hear of it in other countries.

What measures do we have in place Dr. Kwaku Agyemang (Minister of Health)? You need to school us more on what your outfit is doing to protect Ghanaians! Because I haven’t seen a single move.

Dr. Manu of the Bawku Presby hospital has since sent blood samples of the deceased for testing at the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) at the University of Ghana. If Ebola has killed at least 961 people in the West African sub-region out of 1,779 total cases. Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea are among the hardest hit countries.

Although many suspected cases have been reported in Ghana, most were reported negative upon testing. And there are many rumours of the disease along coastal towns in Ghana where fishermen cross between countries without customs checks and screening.

http://en.apa.az/xeber_suspected_ebola_cases_under_scrutiny_in__214990.html
http://www.ghanacelebrities.com/2014/08/09/shocking-ghana-records-first-case-ebola

http://www..com/forum/showtopic.php?id=4524

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by kevoh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
Another West African Country bows to Ebola!

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Amhappy(f): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
This disease is spreading faster than imagined. No wonder Doctors beyound borders said Ebola is out of control.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Morotov1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola, what exactly are you after?

Is it the complete extermination of the fraudsters, 419ERS, drug barons and all what nots from west Africa.? OR WHAT .........

Just know you thou that not all of us are among those listed up here. Pleaseeeeee.

Don't quote me ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by pendusky(m): 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
like seriously?
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by deeobserver209(m): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
West African Countries need to come together to tackle this disease. International travel among African countries need to be reduced, at least to the bearest minimum till Ebola is bought under control. Hope is not lost.

10 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by cirmuell(m): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thought their health minister was boasting a while ago? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by acenazt: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
What's so shocking bout this Damn! I bet Libaria is RESPONSIBLE for this.
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by RAFIC(m): 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
Now this is serious...
But will they still ban nigerians from coming to their country??

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by moneybag100: 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
This one is worse than AIDS, I think it took a lot of time to create the disease....
The money they are making with HIV Drugs not enough.

Somebody should tell them they should Stop using Africa for their clinical trials.

Na God go judge them.
Africans invest in Medicines and a lot of research.....may we not be affected with our loves one.

20 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by moneybag100: 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
acenazt: What's so shocking bout this Damn! I bet Liberia is RESPONSIBLE for this.
Nobody is responsible, they are dropping the virus in each country's...it will soon get all over Poor Experimental Africa.
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Chanchit: 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
So after all your initial gragra, ebola still do through pass from Burkina. Anyway, I thank God its not from Nigeria cos we no go hear word.

8 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by lomprico(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
acenazt: What's so shocking bout this Damn! I bet Libaria is RESPONSIBLE for this.
No they are not! It is claimed ebola first case was in 1976 right? why dint it spread like this since all these years? The poeple (west) that engineerd this weapon has redesined it to be more contagious n deadly. I still believe this virus was created by someone.

11 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by daryoor(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
this ebola has made in Sierra Leone by america written all over it
they have a lab where the do research on biological weaponry and send samples to american, the virologist that created the zmapp warned against accidental exposure two months ago before the first case.

fellow nigerians, we need to open our mind there's more to this story than meets the eyes. even if it is a fact that animals are vectors of the virus,
it not bush meet, its not bats we have been eaten those for decades. liberians were eating oneanother during their civil war for christ sake smiley

read further, im not asking you to believe this, keep an open mid and keep asking questions.

http://www.rense.com/general96/ebostrain.html

George Soros’s foundation funds the Kenema
bioweapons lab located in serria leone, they are into Ebola research.

13 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Nostalgia21(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Oh dear ghana..
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola will die down soon . Just execise patient
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Afrok(m): 2:12am On Aug 10, 2014
Ebola uniting nations in fear and death. Something urgent must be done in Africa and by Africans with or without help from other continents, if not, a large portion of Africa will become history very soon. God forbid but it's the truth just like Ebola too does truly exist.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Sarimah(f): 4:45am On Aug 10, 2014
Too bad! embarassed i thought their borders were fully secured?
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by hensben(m): 4:57am On Aug 10, 2014
Oh! not again
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Yugosng(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ooops! O no!!

This Ebola is crossing international borders so easy like it is on some diplomatic passport. undecided undecided
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Stupîd leaders. Between Mahama and Jonathan I don't know who's worst.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Rilwayne001: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Cette chose est effrayer l'enfer outta moi .... Seigneur, aie pitié de nous embarassed
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by bercarray(m): 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by chiboy11(m): 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
African in Trouble ?
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Yugosng(m): 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Khalessi: Stupîd leaders. Between Mahama and Jonathan I don't know who's worst.

And what makes them stupid please?
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Yungwizzzy28(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
When I was thinking they'll be no news bout Ebola on fp today

I sincerely don't believe the west don't have cure to this disease
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by bercarray(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
everyday news must be on ds ebola,God help us 4 naija.and ma ghananian chick 2
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Youngzedd(m): 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG!

Poor Ghana have recorded Ebola case.

Didn't they educate their citizens the symptoms of Ebola.

Africans and their carelessness.

Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by purplesummer(f): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Every clime must get her fair share!
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by CharlieMaria(m): 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tell me more.
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
undecided undecided

Ghana dey d western part of Africa, so they gast partake. undecided

Even Togo Benin Mali Ivory Coast

That country is happy now lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana by ceejay80s(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
THE END

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only 10 Medical Labs In Nigeria Produce Reliable Results, Says Ninas / FG To Shut Down All Open Drug Markets From July 1 / Man Cuts Off His Joystick In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.