Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience (4174 Views)

My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. / My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by efepro(m): 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
When my blackberry Bold 5 packed up last week,I decided to visit olx site (as recommended by a friend) for a replacement; perhaps an upgrade to Q10..However, I saw some, with prices ranging from N15k - N20k for bold5 and 20k - 35k for Q10...immediately, I contacted 3 sellers on phone. The closest location was Tin Can Island, Apapa, lagos..To cut my story short........I went to Tin Can island where he said their office was located. Upon arrival, I called him to meet me or give me his office address; and this is what he said: "sorry sir, I'm very busy in d warehouse.I can't see you now.I would advice u to make a deposit into the Bank in front of you and bring the teller as an access to the warehouse to see what u want to buy"....I smiled and said to mysef, nice format...I met a security officer at the bank I was asked to make a deposit and narrated my story. The officer said I'm not the 1st; that some people come here on daily basis to make deposit and end up getting nothing..Has any1 experienced this? Please share

3 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by tutaboi(m): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
Singing in osuofia (nkem owo) voice....

Oyibo man I go chop ur dollar

I go take ur money disappear

419 no be thief

But u for be the maga shaa...... God saved u

2 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by efepro(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
tutaboi: Singing in osuofia (nkem owo) voice....

Oyibo man I go chop ur dollar

I go take ur money disappear

419 no be thief

But u for be the maga shaa...... God saved u
Bros, I don pass dat level to b scammed

2 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by opportunist: 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by abrahym(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
So local still dey pay
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by femi4: 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
efepro: When my blackberry Bold 5 packed up last week,I decided to visit olx site (as recommended by a friend) for a replacement; perhaps an upgrade to Q10..However, I saw some, with prices ranging from N15k - N20k for bold5 and 20k - 35k for Q10...immediately, I contacted 3 sellers on phone. The closest location was Tin Can Island, Apapa, lagos..To cut my story short........I went to Tin Can island where he said their office was located. Upon arrival, I called him to meet me or give me his office address; and this is what he said: "sorry sir, I'm very busy in d warehouse.I can't see you now.I would advice u to make a deposit into the Bank in front of you and bring the teller as an access to the warehouse to see what u want to buy"....I smiled and said to mysef, nice format...I met a security officer at the bank I was asked to make a deposit and narrated my story. The officer said I'm not the 1st; that some people come here on daily basis to make deposit and end up getting nothing..Has any1 experienced this? Please share
You are very dull, how on earth will you make payment for goods not seen
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Olivia111(f): 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
femi4: You are very dull, how on earth will you make payment for goods not seen
he didn't say he payed...read carefully and find out who's more dull

24 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by DukeNija(m): 1:54am On Aug 10, 2014
Olivia111: he didn't say he payed...read carefully and find out who's more dull

Olivia you are wicked! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by OmichaelO: 2:34am On Aug 10, 2014
Olivia111: he didn't say he paid...read carefully and find out who's more dull
FIXED

4 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 10, 2014
that's why i dont trust online shopping
if i must, i must carry out research on d site and look at reviews
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by DJDOLA(m): 4:42am On Aug 10, 2014
Many product on olx are scam...once u notice the item u want 2 buy is 2 cheap its better u run for ur dear life because its a fraud
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by femi4: 6:37am On Aug 10, 2014
Ode! What give you the impression that he didn't pay? That writeup lack details
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Coldplay007(f): 6:50am On Aug 10, 2014
femi4: Ode! What give you the impression that he didn't pay? That writeup lack details

You are the original ODE... angry.. undecided fix your brain back in the right place and read again..

3 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by femi4: 6:54am On Aug 10, 2014
Coldplay007:

You are the original ODE... angry.. undecided fix your brain back in the right place and read again..
Another fish brain that can't put one and two together. You want him to type it out ***i paid bla bla! Wake up from your slumber
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by johnstar(m): 7:07am On Aug 10, 2014
sharap der, abi na u even dull pass, u knw read story well, u rush comment.... na so una dey fail english. read d passage nd ansr d qstn, una go fail am

1 Like

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Coldplay007(f): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2014
femi4: Another fish brain that can't put one and two together. You want him to type it out ***i paid bla bla! Wake up from your slumber
You are a very confused man. You are the one that said...
You need to stop taking that concoction of alomo and cheap drugs..

2 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Ariyke: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2014
Good thing u didn't pay if its true oo
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by kheart(m): 8:34am On Aug 10, 2014
about 70 percent of olx items re scam, bt if u ve experience wit buyin from d site no scammer ll cheat u. I saw galaxy S3 for 30k and call d seller hu claims to be a custom officer, he instructed me to pay 4 d item and bring d teller wit my Id to custom office here (salvary or slavery dept i dint here wat he was saying though) in kaduna. I went straight to d custom office inquire abt d seller bt d security said dey dnt know him. I call d guy and hand over the phone to the security guys. I could i hear d voice of a confused scammer on d speaker phone sayin provost dept.

Tips: wen u call a seller and he start asking u whether u re a muslim or xtian run. Cos they use jesus and Allah s name to get their prey.
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2014
Na so I post my car for sale before I know like 4 different people on OLX shopped my pix and said na dem car dem wan sell.

1 Like

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by BUSHHUNTER: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2014
Can anybody still scam ME as of 2dai? Thinking.......

NO!
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Olivia111(f): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2014
OMG!!! Thanks...and I used to think I was flawless when it comes to written English...I need to go back to kindergaten grin grin
OmichaelO: FIXED

2 Likes

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Joel3(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2014
I also met a guy who want to sell a tab for 13k.

he only upload the tab picture. I called and ask him what is the make. he said android. I mean the brand name he said android tab.

I told him I know its android operating system which company produce the tab he said android.

Then I replied what is the configurations. He said its android tab. the only thing he knows is that it android. He said His brother send it to him from abroad and he doesn't make use of it. he just drop it at home and he don't know much about android. If I am ready I should come and see it.

They only thing this scammer know how to talk is android.

now I know this guy is a scammer, but I want to give him some evidence of doubt. And I was thinking since this guy don't know anything about this tab if true then this tab might just be powerful tab. Maybe i can cheat him then.

If not I won't have bothered. So I plan to see what this guy has. I ask one more question if the tab uses sim he said yes. So I told him I am on my way. Where to meet. He mentioned one market.

This scammer use one fine dudes pic on his whatapp. Then I begin to wonder if this is him why he don't know much about android. He told me he only understand and make use of blackberry and don't he don't use android.
On getting there I called this guy. He refusing picking up my calls. I called and called. He never pick. Then I sms him that he should forget I am leaving.

After about some minutes half way to reach home he called and said where I was. I told him I am not longer interested. I have sense something wrong already. But if he want to really see the tab he should come to my location he said I will call you later. But he never called. I end up blocking him from whatapps.

Be Careful of olx 90% are scammer. They might even set police up to block you after the deal.

That was my major concern because I don't trust thee guy.
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 10, 2014
u dull sha, after reading the message hopefully u did, ur conclusion was something else.

1 Like

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2014
Most of this scammers don't just scam the way you all are thinking......they backup with juju....the moment you respond to him....thats it....unless God is with u or a close friend that accompanied u who has not been influenced by the juju can call you back to order.....reserch more,u will understand wat am sayin wink
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by udysweet(f): 10:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Me I want to trade in my Samsung Galaxy Grand duos (GT 19082) sha o,jus about 11mnths now cos I got it last year sept 16. I want to get another phone. Tired of the phone jo
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by ednut1(m): 10:55am On Aug 10, 2014
only greedy pple get scammed. der are lots of shops dat sells tins. go der and save ur self all dis crap. u see a fone dat costs 80k for 25k. u still go fall. my boss wanted to buy a hilux for our company. he den saw it 400k on Facebook customs paroles. when d ones he was pricing in real life was 2.2m to 2.5m. he nearly fell if not for me. greed is a disease

1 Like

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by priscaoge(f): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2014
Online transaction in Nigeria is something else undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by Dreyl(m): 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
dats too harsh baby grin
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by femi9naija(m): 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Scammers are like 80% of the sellers on olx. U can't search for vehicles without seeing 99% of fake sellers. I've even mailed olx support on this but it hasn't helped.
How to know scammers:
1. Check their product location, it will be mostly Lagos Island West, Badagry, Apapa.
2. Check the product pictures, they don't post more than 1 or 2 photos.
3. Of course the products are way cheaper than the average cost of such product. imagine a Tokunbo Nissan Primera that sells for #600,000 going for #200,000. That's too good to be true.
4. The picture used can be found in other ads posted in a different location. example, a Bold 5 seen in Badagry can also be seen in Utako. LOL.
I almost fall mugu when I wan buy car last year.
Re: Olx Phone Scammers: My Experience by CertifiedFreak(m): 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2014

You looking for justification where you'll find none. You should learn to read more, you won't come across as a half baked individual then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Glo Network Was Loved Like This / Best Network For Ipad / Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.