Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) (859 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / Its Our One Year Anniversary / One-year-old Baby Bites Snake To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by icerberg(m): 11:05am On Aug 10, 2014
Dear Evans,
It’s been one whole year since you woke up for the last time, stepped into eternity and the curtain of life was drawn on your very existence.

It’s been one year since you left our eyes red-wet; inconsolably heartbroken and with more questions than answers. Your path was broken beyond repairs and your life which gave us joy became another heartbreak story.

It’s been one year since the cold hands of death pushed you off the stage when you were still to commence your actual performance. Your scene was cut off the story, you were pushed off the ladder and now the story continues without you in it.

I still have you on my various IMs, hoping one day a note will pop-up from you. My fingers go numb when I think of deleting your number… It’s been one year, I didn’t mind the pain; it’s the hope that kills me.

It’s been one year and now I’m sure of something I didn’t want to believe – you now live in forever; part of a story that only exist in yesterday.

This date is a strange reminder of what is missing… You ought to be here exchanging your success stories with ours, hinting on battles fought and victories won. If I could make a wish today, I’d say disguise and enter the womb of a pregnant woman, so that in nine months, we’d have another you. How sad can a tale be – to make a wish you already have the answer to?

I hope you are in a place where you will always have your bread buttered; where you’ll always have your head sheltered and your skin clothed. I hope you find rest in the place where every day is bright, free of pains and worries; where you are certain that you’ll live forever.
We miss your electrifying personality; we miss your smiles. We miss all the great cheers we did with our glasses of wine.

We still have our hearts in pieces occasioned by your abrupt existence; we are still to completely move on. We still hold on to that friendship even though you nolonger hold the other end of the rope. I wrote this note for you, I couldn’t write to you because it will be a note I’ll never send.

One year after, it breaks my heart to still put three simple letters together to form one difficult word – BYE.
Rest on, my friend; you are still in our hearts.
RIP Evans Inang Ayi. (May 1986 – August 10 2013)

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by Infomizer(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2014
Life!!! What a set up! Accept ma condolences chief, and allow me to commend the write up.
Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by icerberg(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2014
Infomizer: Life!!! What a set up! Accept ma condolences chief, and allow me to commend the write up.

Thank you.
Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by echobee(f): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2014
Rest in peace. cry. Tribute so touching

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by MizMyColi(f): 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
cry The hand with which I handle my phone went numb for abit angry
Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by icerberg(m): 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
MizMyColi: cry The hand with which I handle my phone went numb for abit angry
You can imagine how much pain we feel and I can only imagine what his parents feel.
Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by MizMyColi(f): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
icerberg:
You can imagine how much pain we feel and I can only imagine what his parents feel.
I feel and I am so sorry sir angry
Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by lolaluv1(f): 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
Eyah....
#sad.

A young man cut off in his prime....
Re: A Letter To Evans Ayi (one Year In Mind) by icerberg(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
lolaluv1: Eyah....
#sad.

A young man cut off in his prime....

A heartbreaking story...
A close friend wrote:
He lived well while we could still behold him in our eyes, even in his absence, he remains ever present. He lived like the sun which vanished from the sky but still gives warmth to the earth, he was a shooting star, his light no moon can boast of radiating. Continue to rest buddy, see u someday on the other timeless side.

(1) (Reply)

Royal Baby: Prince William And Kate Expecting Second Child / Propose To A Girl Like This She Will Immediately Agree To Marry You / Save More To Have More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.