Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,989 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Should A Christian Pay Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christian Pay Tithes? (774 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Should Christian Pay Tithe? If Yes I Need A Proof From The New Testament / Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by chijerimya: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
The tithe is clearly taught in the Old Testament, but in the New Testament it seems to be downplayed. Are those of us who give 10 percent of our income doing something not required?

WWW.ALWAYSNAIJA.COM

Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
I will liken u unto a man who pray wen in trouble with psalm 91 without complaining that tis in d old testament, but would always av reasons that tithing is only taught in d old testament.. Jeremiah sed he found God's word n ate them, eat God's word and forget asking questions whether u doing the right tin or not, so long a passage in d bible sed it.. Just keep tithin n keep believing God's blessings accrue to tithing...
I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by nora544: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
tithing is not for christians. christans should give from their heart and no one will tell you it must be 10%
that is a doctrine from the new churches that the pastors can fill their pockets.
Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tithes thoroughly debated on nairaland:

www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123

My own question about tithes answered here:

www.nairaland.com/1239719/questions-frosbel-tithing

The mother of all tithe thread, running over 100 paged now:

www.nairaland.com/1189741/tithes-offerings

Linking Tithing to the errors of Word of Faith here:

www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/7#24975239

Hundreds of other threads on tithes can be searched on nl or by following links on those threads above. Study, pray, trust God and do what you think is the right thing.
Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by charlsecy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
polymathic: I will liken u unto a man who pray wen in trouble with psalm 91 without complaining that tis in d old testament, but would always av reasons that tithing is only taught in d old testament...... so long a passage in d bible sed it..

When something in the Bible is about GOD's protection and love, it is eternal, irrespective of whether it is in the Old or New Covenant, but when it is a component of the Law, we should know to whom it is applicable.

Your statement that provided something is in the Bible, it must be applied is baseless. When was the last time you offered a burnt offering to Jehovah? How many women have you stoned to death for adultery?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by emmyskies(m): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
Where is it downplayed in the new testament? See, all you who are saying tithes doesn't count anymore, well, I just have one thing to say to you:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
emmyskies: Where is it downplayed in the new testament? See, all you who are saying tithes doesn't count anymore, well, I just have one thing to say to you:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
emmyskies did u also read this true story.. It is real and it shows everything that satan has been doing to these blindlukewarm christians in the spiritual realm. Read it its very edifying http://www.mcreveil.org/Anglais/witchcraft/PstJonas_en02.html
Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2014
ProphetUdeme: emmyskies did u also read this true story.. It is real and it shows everything that satan has been doing to these blindlukewarm christians in the spiritual realm. Read it its very edifying http://www.mcreveil.org/Anglais/witchcraft/PstJonas_en02.html

I saw in your extra biblical revelation that Satan is the one moving people not give tithes and offering.

Very convenient.

How does one help an individual like you?

Okay. Who is responsible for this situations: Satan or God?

A church that collects tithes and offerings but disregards the needs of the poor and needy in its midst.

A church leader who spends church funds to build himself houses, buy private jet and uses church funds to junk jet around the world.

A church leader that used church funds to bribe young ladies in church to sleep with him.

A church that spends funds on its leaders alone but refuse to support missionaries.

A church where Pastors refuse to work with their hands but continue to hoodwink people into tithing.

If those situation are too difficult for you to understand and answer, another question: What do you, prophet Udeme, for for a living?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by emmyskies(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
ProphetUdeme: emmyskies did u also read this true story.. It is real and it shows everything that satan has been doing to these blindlukewarm christians in the spiritual realm. Read it its very edifying http://www.mcreveil.org/Anglais/witchcraft/PstJonas_en02.html

Yeah. I've read it from one till 13. It's very revealing. That is why I pity most christians because the god of this world has truely used a veil to blind their heart, that they have eyes but cannot see, mind but cannot understand, ear but cannot hear, and their path seemeth right unto them, but the end thereof is.......
Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by Blackfire(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
must u threaten opposing view with hell and devil?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Pay Tithes? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
emmyskies:

Yeah. I've read it from one till 13. It's very revealing. That is why I pity most christians because the god of this world has truely used a veil to blind their heart, that they have eyes but cannot see, mind but cannot understand, ear but cannot hear, and their path seemeth right unto them, but the end thereof is.......
are the ways of death.. Proverbs 14 vs 12.. Lord have mercy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Church? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/10/14 / Firs Fruit Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.