Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827785 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 7:51am On Sep 17, 2014
Jaydenehis: My CGPA from my under grad is very poor,2.17 and although I was accepted in d uk for my masters because I did well in law school and had good work experience,i'm told all that doesn't count in canada as the undergrad is the most important which means there was no point doing my LLM and so the best I can get is a PGD to start afresh which is what I want to do with a diploma or PGD.

Just before u make the decision of going for a second Masters and paying the $95-$100 application fees while considering ur undagrad CGPA. U must understand that Canadian Universities have minimum requirements which is usually 2.1 or 1st class, rarely 2.2 for Nigerian schools but i wouldnt know if law school counts (work experience counts but not as academics). But u did Masters in UK, u should be able to apply for a 2nd Masters or PHD irrespective of ur Undergrad results (not 100% sure).
My advice, contact each academic unit u r interested in before thinking of applying for a 2nd Masters or PHD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 8:39am On Sep 17, 2014
Never heard any1 talk about Brandon uni here. it's way to cheap and among d designated learning institutions... Please does any1 has anytin to say about d sch, be it constructive or destructive criticism...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 17, 2014
gudmorning to y'all, how was ur nite? hope splendid/..........pls, house, i will like to know hw many yrs work permit visa one can get with one-year master programme , i tink i heard here dat its now 3yrs work permit....am sure of d 2yrs MAsters for 3yrs work permit. And is it d V.o dat will give it or d Port of Entry (POE) V.o or d school. tanks to y'all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2014
Good Morning to you all.

Please can someone give me the address of the canadian embassy/consulate to use in the letter of introduction? And also who is it addressed to? The High Commissioner or the Visa Officer. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Ok,thanks a lot for your response. I really appreciate
warrikid: #viola!!! If u ask me,dats all the point u need to articulate in ur SOP to convince the VO and then u can go with the course u've made a deposit for already. I stand to be corrected by the experienced folks in the house. Wish u the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2014
I tried applying by myself to Thompson rivers but my application was rejected because 'I didn't go thru' their agent). The agents later told me that Canadian schools consider first degree and not masters so that's how I got the PGD offer.
mrnilobrawn:

Who gave you this kind of info [s]i'm told all that doesn't count in canada[/s] did you enquir your self from the school in canada or u acted base on hear say.

I think the bold statement should stand out alot. To me it will get you into any spot in canada. U should go for something higher dont under rate what you have oo especially with ur added work experience...haa..How about MBA or http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2014
tee12345:

Don't underrate yourself. There are schools that will accept you using your qualifications (not all). Some schools will ask you to do prequalifying for a year and then move on to the real deal if you do well.
Ok,i will try and research.please if anyone has any school in mind,i will really appreciate it. Thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2014
Ok,thanks alot
Holmes007:

Just before u make the decision of going for a second Masters and paying the $95-$100 application fees while considering ur undagrad CGPA. U must understand that Canadian Universities have minimum requirements which is usually 2.1 or 1st class, rarely 2.2 for Nigerian schools but i wouldnt know if law school counts (work experience counts but not as academics). But u did Masters in UK, u should be able to apply for a 2nd Masters or PHD irrespective of ur Undergrad results (not 100% sure).
My advice, contact each academic unit u r interested in before thinking of applying for a 2nd Masters or PHD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2014
effectplus: gudmorning to y'all, how was ur nite? hope splendid/..........pls, house, i will like to know hw many yrs work permit visa one can get with one-year master programme , i tink i heard here dat its now 3yrs work permit....am sure of d 2yrs MAsters for 3yrs work permit. And is it d V.o dat will give it or d Port of Entry (POE) V.o or d school. tanks to y'all.

Ur post grad work permit will be issue upon completion of ur grad program in Canada if u r r eligible and u apply. And for a yr Masters u will be entitled to a year work permit while 2 yrs = 3 yrs work permit.

U will be able to work for 20hrs a week and full time on breaks as a student with a valid study permit. U can check "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp" for further clarification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2014
sidnigga: Never heard any1 talk about Brandon uni here. it's way to cheap and among d designated learning institutions... Please does any1 has anytin to say about d sch, be it constructive or destructive criticism...
they do more of UG studies that's why
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2014
Jaydenehis: I tried applying by myself to Thompson rivers but my application was rejected because 'I didn't go thru' their agent). The agents later told me that Canadian schools consider first degree and not masters so that's how I got the PGD offer.
they didn't reject u cuz u didn't go through their agent,my elder bro applied him self......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 10:56am On Sep 17, 2014
Goodmorning all,please how do you explain the message "your application has been updated" when there is no visible update.nah spiritual update....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2014
Good day all.
I'm reading BPharm in a Nigerian university and would love to further my MSc abroad.
US is out of my mind since I must obtain a 4years Pharm.D before being legible to practise Pharmacy.
House, can I practise Pharmacy at Canada with BPharm and Msc degrees? If yes, which good, affordable school in Canada can I do my Msc Pharmaceuticals on? And which region is best for Pharmacists in Canada, in terms of pay, racism, employment rate, cool(not too cold) climate and fun/relaxation centres?
Thank you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2014
pchax: Good Morning to you all.

Please can someone give me the address of the canadian embassy/consulate to use in the letter of introduction? And also who is it addressed to? The High Commissioner or the Visa Officer. Thanks!

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island Lagos,
Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2014
Av done my biometriqs dis mornin at vfs, I applied online , wen r my goin to received a msg on my cic acct dat dey av received my biometriqs? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2014
Holmes007:

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island Lagos,
Nigeria.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sanmi55: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
lovesavvi: Av done my biometriqs dis mornin at vfs, I applied online , wen r my goin to received a msg on my cic acct dat dey av received my biometriqs? Thanks
Tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello house it me habeeb em bck again I want to if there always a delay ing get d study permit for student resuming in canada January 12 ( seneca student ) arrival date should be on the 5 in canny @chrigo I wanna if their is some kinda complication for January's applicants
though I already got admission , looking to sumbit this week or next week Insha Allah. And bdw @others is their any I can't uses some else statement of ACC and a letter of sponsorship from the persons bank on my behalf, and wat exactly the minimum amount that is expected. To have in the ACC bal on SOA any fellow seneca student in or out abeg yearn make I hear uuuu
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Habeeb521: Hello house it me habeeb em bck again I want to if there always a delay ing get d study permit for student resuming in canada January 12 ( seneca student ) arrival date should be on the 5 in canny @chrigo I wanna if their is some kinda complication for January's applicants
though I already got admission , looking to sumbit this week or next week Insha Allah. And bdw @others is their any I can't uses some else statement of ACC and a letter of sponsorship from the persons bank on my behalf, and wat exactly the minimum amount that is expected. To have in the ACC bal on SOA any fellow seneca student in or out abeg yearn make I hear uuuu

English please

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
lol..
i could almost say that too men
BaaleofMontreal:

English please

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Enroute2015: 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:

English please

Toh

Habeeb521: Hello house it me habeeb em bck again I want to if there always a delay ing get d study permit for student resuming in canada January 12 ( seneca student ) arrival date should be on the 5 in canny @chrigo I wanna if their is some kinda complication for January's applicants
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tsam01: 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Good day to you all.

Please what grounds fit best for a non-related sponsor? Will it be okay if I say he's a family friend?
Help a brother please.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:
English please
oghos2k: lol..
i could almost say that too men

I thought my phone was having screen problem...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
sidnigga: Never heard any1 talk about Brandon uni here. it's way to cheap and among d designated learning institutions... Please does any1 has anytin to say about d sch, be it constructive or destructive criticism...
brandon is the cheapest uni in canada from the findings I've made so far for over a year and they have some cool courses too, but they don't offer much courses. Also peeps say that their state or province as it is called is a very cool place. Hope you know one or two things about their admissions sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
millymc: they do more of UG studies that's why
Been on dis thread sinc early dis yr, yet I haven't seen any UG applicant mistakenly typed BRANDON...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
modskiller: brandon is the cheapest uni in canada from the findings I've made so far for over a year and they have some cool courses too, but they don't offer much courses. Also peeps say that their state or province as it is called is a very cool place. Hope you know one or two things about their admissions sha
Saskatchewan and British Colombia are one of those cool places too and I've seen ppl chosen dem
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
sidnigga:
Been on dis thread sinc early dis yr, yet I haven't seen any UG applicant mistakenly typed BRANDON...
Why not apply to University of Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
sidnigga:
read through the previous part thoroughly and you shall see people mentioning brandon uni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
sidnigga:
Saskatchewan and British Colombia are one of those cool places too and I've seen ppl chosen dem
They may be cool, I have a friend in Saskatchewan, and One in British Colombia. Their fees are not pocket friendly for peeps who are not excessively financially buoyant. Even the friend in British Colombia always complain that the place ain't so lively. But I don't know much about Brandon though, but from all I've read Brandon seems to be okay and less costly even in terms of living cost.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
modskiller: read through the previous part thoroughly and you shall see people mentioning brandon uni
been following from ending of part4 I've not seen it sha or prolly I didn't take note of it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Why not apply to University of Toronto
true say, University of Toronto Is a very good place and their program outlines are so lovely and superb, but I don't know about their requirements and fee schedule, but I think the fee is around $12000-$14000 CAD. Not so pocket friendly for some peeps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
millymc: Goodmorning all,please how do you explain the message "your application has been updated" when there is no visible update.nah spiritual update....lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.