Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,368 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827789 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by creabyn(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
yadipson:

You still have enough time to process ur visa. Pls which program/course are you going for? What is the tuition like? I need this info for a brother. Tx

Okay.. Thats the first question... Advanced Diploma in Food Safety.. And the tuition is 6210cad$...
I have already visited the Cad immigration website and i was giving a checklist code but I dont seem to get how to apply online (something with the "sign-in partner"wink ... Can anybody help me with that... Thanks fam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
creabyn:

Okay.. Thats the first question... Advanced Diploma in Food Safety.. And the tuition is 6210cad$...
I have already visited the Cad immigration website and i was giving a checklist code but I dont seem to get how to apply online (something with the "sign-in partner"wink ... Can anybody help me with that... Thanks fam
How to go about online study visa application
" http://www.nairaland.com /1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72 " copy and paste the entire link to get d exact page!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex:

Thanks modskiller. Am a lady tho. Would try and read up the previous thread. i just pray it works out for me.. Is there anyone in the house having his or her masters in canada, and did the whole processing by him/herself? please wanna know.
I wanted to reply, but I see that someone has done that already.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: . Ebout some bulky docs, is it not the same doc u r going to scan and send online and is that the only different in online and paper is the same processing time ( I.e 3 to 4 month ba ) .
some documents requires some write ups to back up their authenticity (not so sure tho).but if you have the basic docs, pile them up and fire online. Wishing Goodluck with no Jonathan[s]
Habeeb521: . Ebout some bulky docs, is it not the same doc u r going to scan and send online and is that the only different in online and paper is the same processing time ( I.e 3 to 4 month ba ) .
some documents requires some write ups to back up their authenticity (not so sure tho).but if you have the basic docs, pile them up and fire online. Wishing Goodluck with no Jonathan[/s]
some documents requires some write ups to back up their authenticity (not so sure tho).but if you have the basic docs, pile them up and fire online. Wishing Goodluck with no Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
creabyn:

what school is that sir, and is the tuition per term of per session? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bartino: 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
hello house I am new to this thread,I have interest in having an ms in mechanical engineering in canada, I have a cgpa of 4.318. I intend taking the ietls please any idea of schools that offer assistantship or scholarship? what do I need to do as well to broaden my chances of getting admitted? please need your assistance,thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
modskiller: some documents requires some write ups to back up their authenticity (not so sure tho).but if you have the basic docs, pile them up and fire online. Wishing Goodluck with no Jonathan[s] some documents requires some write ups to back up their authenticity (not so sure tho).but if you have the basic docs, pile them up and fire online. Wishing Goodluck with no Jonathan[/s] some documents requires some write ups to back up their authenticity (not so sure tho).but if you have the basic docs, pile them up and fire online. Wishing Goodluck with no Jonathan
. Like
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Please can someone suggest good schools in Canada for MEng in Electrical Engineering.
Toefl Score is 79 and my GRE is 290
İ have checked online But it seems that the schools only accept high Toefl and GRE.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
okay Thanks BaaleoMontreal, would do that.
BaaleofMontreal:

First, go through these websites https://www.concordia.ca/academics/graduate/information-systems-meng.html https://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate.html Also try and contact the graduate program advisor before applying? Which semester are you planning to resume? You can send me a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
wooow... this would go a long way. and help me to narrow my search. we are in same field.. *computer science*. i meet up the requirement of the 2:1, and i criously dont want a school with the GRE thing. i wanna start january or may.. hope its not too late for may.? thanks.
pchax:

I am not in Canada. Just got admission to start my Masters in Computer Science in University of Windsor In January. I am compiling my document for my Study Visa application. There are lots of questions you need to answer before you make a decision:

❖ When do I want to start?
❖ What area of research intrigues me and does the department have such a research area?
❖ My GPA, does it match their requirement? (A 2nd class upper is good enough for most schools)
❖ Do I really want to write GRE (I did not want to so I looked for schools that did not need it. Trust me, most schools don't).
❖ How much can popsi/uncle/boyfriend/sugar daddy afford for tuition and what are the prospects for Teaching/Research Assistantship.
❖ Does the cost of living in the city make sense? (I read that Vancouver is one of the most expensive cities in North America).

These and many others are questions that you need to consider. Some of them, you need to ask yourself, some you need to ask the graduate school directly and the remaining, you blast it out on NL. There are lots of good people on this thread.[/font]

[font=cambria]would be waiting in windsor for my offering

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
i meant hope its not too late for january?
VickyRotex: wooow... this would go a long way. and help me to narrow my search. we are in same field.. *computer science*. i meet up the requirement of the 2:1, and i criously dont want a school with the GRE thing. i wanna start january or may.. hope its not too late for may.? thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for the Info mrArams. youve helped me to narrow my search. smiley
MrArams:

Unis with Information Security
1. Concordia University
2. Concordia University College of Alberta
3. University of Ontario Institute of Technology
4. New york Institute of Technology, Vancouver

Admissions arent too difficult in these schools with a 2.1 but if you have less, then colleges is for you
1. Fanshawe
2. Durham
3. Fleming
4. Durham

Go to respective schools website and check their admission requirements and you'll be able to contact them via mail or phone calls for more enquiries. As someone said, spending an hour each day will spare you a whole lot of heartaches of agents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: . Like
Land docs when it involves transferring of ownership of lands from one hand to another etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
GboyegaD:

Just curious as to why it isn't ideal. The monies at our disposal varies and we should learn to manage based on our resources. I once lived in a 2 bedroom apt and we were 4guys sharing 2 per room. All we did was to get the standard mattress and we had 2 in each room. Funny enough, 3 of the 4 of us were roommates in Ife and the last was a Ghanian whom I happened to meet by been his International Mentor and he needed a reasonable place. Do not let the stereotypes of this place put unnecessary strains on your finances.
I didn't mention that it's impossible, just letting anybody know what to expect here, because it was easy for you to find someone to share room with doesn't mean it would be that simple for everybody. no landlord would give out a room for two renters for the price of one unless if he/she is unaware. it's not stereotype, that's the standard. more people means more bills on utility. Only if you the bills would be on the renters and I'm sure no student would want to start paying such bills.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
bartino: hello house I am new to this thread,I have interest in having an ms in mechanical engineering in canada, I have a cgpa of 4.318. I intend taking the ietls please any idea of schools that offer assistantship or scholarship? what do I need to do as well to broaden my chances of getting admitted? please need your assistance,thanks.
Google.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex: wooow... this would go a long way. and help me to narrow my search. we are in same field.. *computer science*. i meet up the requirement of the 2:1, and i criously dont want a school with the GRE thing. i wanna start january or may.. hope its not too late for may.? thanks.

We are not on the same field my dear. You studied Computer Engineering, I studied Computer Science. Your Masters is M.Eng or ME mine is an MSc. Our research field interests are very wide apart at such a higher level so I wouldn't be of much help to narrow down your search for you. Just hop on google and do your due diligence. I have noticed you have two schools in mind. Just google "University of theSchoolYouHaveInMind Computer Engineering Department". From the first result, you would see their Admission Requirements (if you need GRE or not), Tuition, Research Areas, Professors etc. Trust me, it is not that hard.

If you want to know more universities in Canada just google something like "Top 50 Universities in Canada". From the list check their Computer Engineering Departments and see for yourself what they expect from you.

About the GRE thing, off the top of my head (I might be wrong) the following schools do not need it for Computer Science Msc: UBC, SFU, McGill (but they don't take MSc Winter applications for computer science. It pained me!), Windsor, Calgary, USacks, Guelph, Dalhouise, etc.

About starting in January. Hmmmm.... Many schools winter deadline if I remember correctly is end of september. Have you done IELTS? Some schools might waiver it but I did it just to boost my application package. Just target May or August. But note that not all schools have May admissions so if you want May, you have to filter the list of schools to those that take May.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
yea i get you. what am saying is am a grad of comp sci aswel. although, i did comp eng in my 3rd/final year.more like a change of course. And thats what my certificate reads. and since am applying with a Bsc Comp Sci, then its samething with yours. the only thing that makes mine M.Eng is the fact that i intend going for Information security. of which most schools i see, state it as M.Eng or MASC. while comp science is Msc.

thanks so much for the info... may isnt too far tho. since i got info's on how to start now. i wouldnt give it a break.
Would bring your offering in May. smiley

Am so encouraged, and i love this thread, with all the responses I've gotten today. keep up the good work... Thanks to you all.
pchax:

We are not on the same field my dear. You studied Computer Engineering, I studied Computer Science. Your Masters is M.Eng or ME mine is an MSc. Our research field interests are very wide apart at such a higher level so I wouldn't be of much help to narrow down your search for you. Just hop on google and do your due diligence. I have noticed you have two schools in mind. Just google "University of theSchoolYouHaveInMind Computer Engineering Department". From the first result, you would see their Admission Requirements (if you need GRE or not), Tuition, Research Areas, Professors etc. Trust me, it is not that hard.

If you want to know more universities in Canada just google something like "Top 50 Universities in Canada". From the list check their Computer Engineering Departments and see for yourself what they expect from you.

About the GRE thing, off the top of my head (I might be wrong) the following schools do not need it for Computer Science Msc: UBC, SFU, McGill (but they don't take MSc Winter applications for computer science. It pained me!), Windsor, Calgary, USacks, Guelph, Dalhouise, etc.

About starting in January. Hmmmm.... Many schools winter deadline if I remember correctly is end of september. Have you done IELTS? Some schools might waiver it but I did it just to boost my application package. Just target May or August. But note that not all schools have May admissions so if you want May, you have to filter the list of schools to those that take May.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Some schools accept only transcript from WES like Laurentian University in Sudbury ontario they referred me to WES to hv mine evaluated
But did'nt apply to them eventually.

Everytin u need is on the school portal, others did that dos'nt mean its applicable to u.

ok thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by creabyn(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
vanrichie4u:
How to go about online study visa application
" http://www.nairaland.com /1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72 " copy and paste the entire link to get d exact page!!!!

Thanks brov... Ama just follow the steps... I greet!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by creabyn(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
modskiller: what school is that sir, and is the tuition per term of per session? Thanks in anticipation.

Marine Institute, Memorial University of Newfoundland.. Fee for the whole program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex: yea i get you. what am saying is am a grad of comp sci aswel. although, i did comp eng in my 3rd/final year.more like a change of course. And thats what my certificate reads. and since am applying with a Bsc Comp Sci, then its samething with yours. the only thing that makes mine M.Eng is the fact that i intend going for Information security. of which most schools i see, state it as M.Eng or MASC. while comp science is Msc.

thanks so much for the info... may isnt too far tho. since i got info's on how to start now. i wouldnt give it a break.
Would bring your offering in May. smiley

Am so encouraged, and i love this thread, with all the responses I've gotten today. keep up the good work... Thanks to you all.

[font= Cambria]You welcome. One last thing. Now that you mentioned Information Security as a research area you are interested in, do not be too narrow minded on it. If you see a school that has something related as a research area maybe Cryptography, Datawarehousing, Digital Forensics and any other area that can be linked to Information Security and their school fees is cheap, and you have good prospects of being funded or accepted by a lecturer, grab that school. What I mean is that it doesn't necessarily have to be information security.

Yeah! People on this thread are so helpful. Some times I wonder if they are Nigerians undecided. The help I get from here for my TRV application is so immense and it is part of what motivates me to help others based on my little experience with the admission process.[/font]

yippeee! my offering comes in may

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by testional(m): 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
pchax:

. One love Pchax, Please, is that any means you may assistance me with IETLS practical materials, Please ,am in need of it I don't have any. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
PlayPays:
I didn't mention that it's impossible, just letting anybody know what to expect here, because it was easy for you to find someone to share room with doesn't mean it would be that simple for everybody. no landlord would give out a room for two renters for the price of one unless if he/she is unaware. it's not stereotype, that's the standard. more people means more bills on utility. Only if you the bills would be on the renters and I'm sure no student would want to start paying such bills.

Whose standards? I have friends who shares a room in an apt and all they had to do is pay $100 more and even my current basement, we share rooms and pay the exact so it depends on the landlord and your approach. It is about knowing your pocket and asking questions. Some landlords may be closed minded but not all thus, stop generalizing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
testional: . One love Pchax, Please, is that any means you may assistance me with IETLS practical materials, Please ,am in need of it I don't have any. Thanks

I did not use any practice materials because they just want to know how good you are with English. So I just google "IELTS free online practice" and I did a two tests from what I saw online on the week of the tests. The reason why I did so was not to jack as such but just to get familiar with the format of the test questions. For IELTS all you need to know is:

❖There are 4 sections that carry the same weight- Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
❖ The major test takes place on Saturdays but the speaking test comes earlier.
❖ You would be graded on a scale of 9 for each tests and your overall score is the average. Most schools require 6.0/9.0
❖ If you have been speaking English since primary school, you do not need to jack. This does not mean you do not need to prepare. Just practice a few free tests online.

Best of luck, bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
famolino: Morning. Its been a while we heard of TRV chopped (is it too early for winter applicants). Fall applicants lik tomaks85 and co still dey. We need prayers...... Abeg, wey Prophet Amefrica

Yes sir! God dey.. He go answer our prayers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 12:27am On Sep 19, 2014
modskiller: Land docs when it involves transferring of ownership of lands from one hand to another etc.
pls modskiller do u mean landing document or land documents in Nigeria here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 12:49am On Sep 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Yes sir! God dey.. He go answer our prayers!
Amen to that...... Howz canny treating u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 12:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Holmes007:

Bro, pls if ur docs are ready sharply apply. U cant be too early! I am to start classes by Jan 2015, i applied July via paper and now i have my TRV.

I am beginning to feel like i should go soon maybe get a job b4 school starts since i have 3 months b4 start date. My pt, it is better to have ur TRV at hand dan expecting it to come at injury time.
Thanks..... Applied August 21
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2014
realone01: Lol! Bro no b people's fault o, the processing time don change now unlike before wey d thing dey fast
Abi na..... Guess it should be faster..... Heard winter applicants no dey plenty.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 1:03am On Sep 19, 2014
famolino:
Abi na..... Guess it should be faster..... Heard winter applicants no dey plenty.
ehhhenn u sure say dem no dey plenty
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 1:04am On Sep 19, 2014
famolino:

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.