Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827581 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 4:21am On Oct 13, 2014
Joe980:
Well, once a case is closed...#kosoro. Getting an immigration lawyer still boils down to refiring cuz you are still reapplying. Bruv, refire and claim what belongs to you. Peace!
thanks sire,buh wudnt be a bad discussion so others knw if its an explorable option just in case. We r all learning remember.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 4:26am On Oct 13, 2014
Siga:
... HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL... ENJOY YOUR TURKEY...
Hailings sire,pls any ideas how dis "appeal" thing works for a delayed app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 5:07am On Oct 13, 2014
warrikid:
Hailings sire,pls any ideas how dis "appeal" thing works for a delayed app?
... Never heard of a successful appeal bro... don't waste ur time appealing ...better still reapply... but its ur choice...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2014
warrikid:
Hello house, pls I'm gathering my docs for a refire when my friend in sweden adviced me to seek the "appeal" option with a bolstered documentation. Pls how does the "appeal" stuff work,any ideas pls.

I'll advice you just re-fire. Its quiet expensive. I was once charged $3k for it. Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2014
Joe980:
Well, once a case is closed...#kosoro. Getting an immigration lawyer still boils down to refiring cuz you are still reapplying. Bruv, refire and claim what belongs to you. Peace!

You can appeal a closed case. It's not the same as reapplying because your previous app will be revisited in court.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2014
Siga:
... Never heard of a successful appeal bro... don't waste ur time appealing ...better still reapply... but its ur choice...
thanks baba,ur words are golden. More blessings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2014
modskiller:
I'd have advised you use Fedex. It would have been delivered by now.

I called Concordia and they said they have received the transcript. Both of them. So I'll have to start processing another one to MUN which will take about 2 months... Mistake from my school *sigh*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chops33(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2014
Good morning house, pls should my sponsor's letter of introduction be hand-written or typed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 7:30am On Oct 13, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

I'll advice you just re-fire. Its quiet expensive. I was once charged $3k for it. Think about it.
Boss dat na Land money o,u no snap your fyngaz for am? Lolz. Thanks for ur reply tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by princesyeed: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2014
Pls house, I want to pay for application fees and the only accept credit card. Can I pay it with gtbank card or how u guys dey make d payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bobbieydeey: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2014
tianadiva:
yea watsapp precisely,wat do u intend studying?
I just sent you a mail ....Nursing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2014
princesyeed:
Pls house, I want to pay for application fees and the only accept credit card. Can I pay it with gtbank card or how u guys dey make d payment?

Yes you can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by LyfeJennings(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2014
Hello house please what is Canadian embassy email address. I applied online and I would like to know my application status. Thanks yall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2014
Like have been previously said there is no appeal process for temporary resident visa application, refire is the word. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=422&t=16 best case scenario is for you to seek judicial review of your case through the federal high court of Canada (usually for those in canny already). http://www.globalvisas.com/canada_immigration/canada_visa_appeal.html

The best you can get from immigration lawyers is for them to review your app and advice you on how to go about reapplying then writing a letter to be submitted with ur app addressed to CIC stating bla bla bla on how you've covered all the necessary loopholes and the visa officer having no right to deny you based on some set of rules in the immigration and refugee act. Spending $3k for this isn't a small feat. Refire is the word bro.

This week shall be full of medicall calls in Jesus name

I stand to be corrected thou

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:25am On Oct 13, 2014
princesyeed:

Yes. Most schools accept cards from Nigerian banks...its the fastest and cheapest means of payment...You're good to go, our debit cards work effectively as well on those schools platforms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:28am On Oct 13, 2014
LyfeJennings:
Hello house please what is Canadian embassy email address. I applied online and I would like to know my application status. Thanks yall

Bro, you applied Sept 3rd right? You'll get your medical call this week in Jesus name...they were still working on applicants from late August as at last week friday.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:30am On Oct 13, 2014
chops33:
Good morning house, pls should my sponsor's letter of introduction be hand-written or typed?

Typed....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Blackkie: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2014
But has any applicant gotten his TRV via appeal?

If it works, i think its worth it. (Appeal $3k - N45k, Refire N38k)

MrArams:
Like have been previously said there is no appeal process for temporary resident visa application, refire is the word. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=422&t=16 best case scenario is for you to seek judicial review of your case through the federal high court of Canada (usually for those in canny already). http://www.globalvisas.com/canada_immigration/canada_visa_appeal.html

The best you can get from immigration lawyers is for them to review your app and advice you on how to go about reapplying then writing a letter to be submitted with ur app addressed to CIC stating bla bla bla on how you've covered all the necessary loopholes and the visa officer having no right to deny you based on some set of rules in the immigration and refugee act. Spending $3k for this isn't a small feat. Refire is the word bro.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2014
hello house ,.please can i pay my application fee online with a FIRST BANK VERVE card or which might be the best...please itz urgent...tnx all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2014
kennycooly:
hello house ,.please can i pay my application fee online with a FIRST BANK VERVE card or which might be the best...please itz urgent...tnx all

Seems only visa and mastercard which are globally accepted works...not sure abt verve cards. If u can get either of the two will be better and if you can't try the verve and see if it works...you have nothing to lose by trying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2014
ok..tnx..i also have union bank's ATM VISA Card tho...
MrArams:

Seems only visa and mastercard which are globally accepted works...not sure abt verve cards. If u can get either of the two will be better and if you can't try the verve and see if it works...you have nothing to lose by trying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by LyfeJennings(m): 9:10am On Oct 13, 2014
MrArams:

Bro, you applied Sept 3rd right? You'll get your medical call this week in Jesus name...they were still working on applicants from late August as at last week friday.

Amen ooo. Amen. Thank U sooo much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2014
please how much can one put in the column for *AMOUNT AVAILABLE* plzz like what range?
kennycooly:
ok..tnx..i also have union bank's ATM VISA Card tho...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2014
Blackkie:

There is nothing like appeal sir.

I don't kno how u did ur conversion buh obviously a zero(0) is missing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 13, 2014
Sorry but Verve Cards don't work internationally. Try a Visa or MasterCard. Verve is from Interswitch so it works only in Nigeria.

kennycooly:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2014
$3,000 is N450,000 though.

Blackkie:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:16am On Oct 13, 2014
Blackkie:

$3k equals to N45k ke...huh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 9:21am On Oct 13, 2014
MrArams:

thanks 4 d insight sire
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Blackkie: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2014
Can you throw more light on this Sir?
Snappyfingaz:

You can appeal a closed case. It's not the same as reapplying because your previous app will be revisited in court.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2014
opsynusy:
$3k equals to N45k ke...huh

opsynusy dear, how have you been? how is the chill pills working? wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:34am On Oct 13, 2014
kennycooly:
plz bro ..wud like to gt info bout sum stfz...bout applying online..plz my email add is 'kennycooly@yahoo.com tnx

https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72 for steps to follow when applying online

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.