Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825193 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
morfman:

Noticed you applied to UOttawa for Winter session, same here.

Did you use the first offer of admission for your visa application or you got a letter of acceptance after the offer

Hi Morfman
No, I didn't apply for Winter session, my application is for all the wayy Fall 2015 and I'm yet to receive my official letter of acceptance.

U can direct your question to redribs though, he's for winter session uOttawa and already started his Trv application process.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Graviton2(m): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
Bobbieydeey:
Check out MUN too fam!

Thanks, bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Seunalasho: 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
kruxit:
And the dream comes to reality......walked into vfs amidst trepidation, walked out wit smiles on my face, TRV on my passport, Seunalasho beside me..equally rejoicing wit me, d silent prayers of all my NL guys, above all, God's providence all d way......am sooo grateful to God and u guys..will furnish d house wit my details soon.....i pray for other expectants from letter of admission,medicals and trv.. ur testimony is on d way grin
Congrats Dear

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
September applicant any news abt medical yet. If any update pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
ada4all:
Hi all. Thanks for your responses.

The name on my uni cert was spelt wrongly but I got a letter from my school stating that the name is being corrected which I am to use to apply to schools for now. I just want to know my chances to gaining admission with the letter. Please advice me on what to do cos my school is correcting it but they said it will take a long time.

Please for those that applied to seneca college, how did you pay for the application fee cos it is not accepting any of my ATM cards.

Thank you
That crazy school grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Seunalasho: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
MrArams:
[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS ( WINTER - JAN 2015 )

1. stayboy1602: JULY 17, U of T, online, UG.
2. Oghos2k: AUGUST 6, U of R, online, PG. MEDICALS
3. realone01: AUGUST 8, U of R, online, PG. MEDICALS
4. kruxit: AUGUST 13, Fanshawe college, Online, PG. MEDICALS
5. Double08: AUGUST 19, Lambton College, Paper, PG. MEDICALS
6. LearnLife: AUGUST 19, red river college, paper, Adv Dip delayed
7. kazzy78: AUGUST 19, Humber College, paper, PG
8. famolino: August 21, Humber College, Online, PG. delayed
9. ManTiger: AUGUST 28, MUN, Online, UG. MEDICALS
10. Optimall: AUGUST 29, Usask, Paper, UG.
11. cman4good: AUGUST 30, MUN, onliine, PG. MEDICALS
12. tianadiva: SEPTEMBER 5, Uni of Manitoba, online, UG.
13. masterp204: SEPTEMBER 7, Lambton college, online, PG.
14. fabuloustee: SEPTEMBER 9, Niagara college, paper, UG.
15. jojcanada: SEPTEMBER 9, Seneca college, Paper, PG.
16. MrArams: SEPTEMBER 11, CUCA, Online, PG.
17. lovesavvi: SEPTEMBER 16, Fleming college, online, PG.
18. Mesh2003: SEPTEMBER 17, North Island college, paper, PG.
19. Mcjimmy:SEPTEMBER 18, Conestoga College, Paper, PGD
20. opsynusy: SEPTEMBER 19, Selkirk college, paper, PG.
21. duntano: SEPTEMBER 25, Conestoga college, paper, Diploma.
22. Leaderdeji: SEPTEMBER 25, Selkirk college, online, PG
23. Santohfilz: SEPTEMBER 26, UPEI, Online, UG.
24. tweeny24: SEPTEMBER 29, centennial college, paper, diploma.
25. lilspiceyy: SEPTEMBER 30, NBCC, online, diploma
26. omooba: OCTOBER 1, laurentian university, online route, PG.
27. Dafinest4life: OCTOBER 2, Olds college, online, diploma.
28. lewoxxy: OCTOBER 2, Seneca college, online, PG
29. gydlol: OCTOBER 7, Georgian college, online, diploma
30. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG
31. redribs: OCTOBER 10, UOttawa, Online, PG.
32. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip
33. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma
34. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG
35. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG

If you have admission for Winter
and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

UPDATED
[/b]
Seun alasho: submitted 20th sept,Biometric 22nd sept,online route,lambton college PG intl biz mgt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Seunalasho: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
Seunalasho:
Congrats Dear
kruxit written my own too on d list I hope u re happy now,I have faith dat I will get it dis time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Seunalasho:
Congrats Dear
hmmm ur excellency. ...u owe me a dish o, fix ur time and i wil come runnin..lolz tnx for today. tiyin naa ade lagbara kristi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
skylar2020:

That crazy school grin

Hi, you mean seneca? doesn't the school make sense? Please o let me know cos I wouldn't want to waste my hard earned money for nothing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
How long did it take for you to get passport request after Medicals?
jckeme:
Hmmn, a lot a upcoming TRV good news sha, oh well, lemme add mine cheesy

Jst got request for my passport! Once I submit, moving prayers to gear 5! FULL SPEED!! cheesy

A question for the house doh, I'm to start in January 2015, and my passport expires August 2016. I knw they won't issue beyond the validity of my passport (and it's not all too possible to renew passport that has that much validity), so just asking sha, they'll issue up to the expiry date "August 2016" only abi?

Since I'll be in ottawa, I guess I can easily renew le passport at the Naija embassy there. So house, what's your take on this?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks!
IyaEjima:
Congrats on ur trv- @Mantiger, Oghos2k, realone1 & cman4good. To all winter applicants awaiting medicals, God is in control.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Waledarep(m): 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
tianadiva:
nw with all the medicals passed nd original passport requested can cic starts attending to sept applicant we cnt wait to share our own gudnews
MEDICALS ND TRV on the way

and congrats to all who's passport has been requested nw go fulfill ur canny dream,we re solidly beside u guys luv ya'all kiss kiss kiss kiss

And where are you heading for Fall 2015? When are you planning to start yah TRV application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
kruxit:
And the dream comes to reality......walked into vfs amidst trepidation, walked out wit smiles on my face, TRV on my passport, Seunalasho beside me..equally rejoicing wit me, d silent prayers of all my NL guys, above all, God's providence all d way......am sooo grateful to God and u guys..will furnish d house wit my details soon.....i pray for other expectants from letter of admission,medicals and trv.. ur testimony is on d way grin
congratulations bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
ada4all:

Hi, you mean seneca? doesn't the school make sense? Please o let me know cos I wouldn't want to waste my hard earned money for nothing

The school is ok but the procedure for payment is too tedious. I had to use some1 outside the country to pay for my app fees.Although I was accepted there, I still dropped it for humber. when you email them, it takes eternity to reply your email.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
skylar2020:

The school is ok but the procedure for payment is too tedious. I had to use some1 outside the country to pay for my app fees.Although I was accepted there, I still dropped it for humber. when you email them, it takes eternity to reply your email.

Ok. Thanks. What do you think/know about fanshawe college. Is the school ok?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
lakusi:

D issue is d fact dat m meant to choose Alberta den Admission in2 Masters directly ... I av checked both SAIT N NAIT n m aware dey are competitive ... My IELTS is d hitch on why I haven't applied. Cn u also enlighten me more on d research based funding?

Uni of Calgary is even requesting for IELTS 7.0 overall band score ... If I dnt get up to dat den anoda sch is outta d list ... So dts my fear actually cos I feel diploma is lyk a regression ... Thanks Mr Arams cheesy

Wish you the best with ur IELTS. You can get 7.0, being hearing about the success rate. The research based funding are for those enrolled in research based courses, and in most cases you need to get a supervisor first before being considered for admission. Your supervisor usually determines how much funding they can provide. The earlier you start contacting prospective supervisors the better.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
oghos2k:
How long did it take for you to get passport request after Medicals?

Did Medicals last week Monday (13th October), got the request on the 21st October, so.... 1 week and 1 day I suppose.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
jckeme:
Hmmn, a lot a upcoming TRV good news sha, oh well, lemme add mine cheesy

Jst got request for my passport! Once I submit, moving prayers to gear 5! FULL SPEED!! cheesy

A question for the house doh, I'm to start in January 2015, and my passport expires August 2016. I knw they won't issue beyond the validity of my passport (and it's not all too possible to renew passport that has that much validity), so just asking sha, they'll issue up to the expiry date "August 2016" only abi?

Since I'll be in ottawa, I guess I can easily renew le passport at the Naija embassy there. So house, what's your take on this?

Congrats
I believe you will be able to renew your int'l passport in Canada within 3 months to its expiring date, then you can apply for TRV renewal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
tianadiva:
nw with all the medicals passed nd original passport requested can cic starts attending to sept applicant we cnt wait to share our own gudnews
MEDICALS ND TRV on the way

and congrats to all who's passport has been requested nw go fulfill ur canny dream,we re solidly beside u guys luv ya'all kiss kiss kiss kiss

Seems CIC dey use some days assess/verify docs submitted by September applicants or what could be the cause of this few days silence from CIC after the recent pace they handled applications the past 2 weeks

Just thinking out loud! Enjoy ur UCL night
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello House.

Got another refusal letter dis evening.

my first refusal (self sponsored) reasons:
1. Purpose of visit
2. your family ties in Canada and your country of residence

second application:
Reasons were as follows:

1. Travel History
2. Purpose of Visit
3. Length of proposed stay in canada
4. your current employment situation
5. your personal asset and financial status.

When i saw all these reasons i just smiled , i felt this letter wasn't for me . cos i spent time re-writing my SOP and even sent it to some peeps here to make corrections and fixed those loopholes that led to the first delay.
Anyway this were the documents i submitted.

- immigration forms
- academic transcript
- sponsors documents ( parents) payslip, id cards, employment letter
- co sponsors company registration docs ( uncle)
- SOA of sponsors and my personal SoA ( over 8 Million)
- B.sc result
- SOP
- Affidavit of sponsorship from parents
- letter of co sponsorship from uncle ( company letter headed )
- letter of support from parents
- my CV
- SSCE cert.
- previous travel to dubai, SA and UK
- my parents landed documents
- my landed document and registration certificate
- my previous work and business registration certificate/ tax receipts and certificates
- tuition deposit $CAD 7000

Going for a 2 years PGD course in Business Management - International Business @ Lambton College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=larryshow40 post=27330743][/quote]

Your 1st year tuition + 1st year living expenses. Then you can add like 1 or 2,000 dollars to it. Do make sure whAtever amount you write reflect in your sponsor's SOA. #my thought though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
kruxit:
Phew....looks like av bin TRV-slapped..submited PP lst friday.VFS all d way.Hmmm blood ptessure

Congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
masterp204:
Hello House.

Got another refusal letter dis evening.

my first refusal (self sponsored) reasons:
1. Purpose of visit
2. your family ties in Canada and your country of residence

second application:
Reasons were as follows:

1. Travel History
2. Purpose of Visit
3. Length of proposed stay in canada
4. your current employment situation
5. your personal asset and financial status.

When i saw all these reasons i just smiled , i felt this letter wasn't for me . cos i spent time re-writing my SOP and even sent it to some peeps here to make corrections and fixed those loopholes that led to the first delay.
Anyway this were the documents i submitted.

- immigration forms
- academic transcript
- sponsors documents ( parents) payslip, id cards, employment letter
- co sponsors company registration docs ( uncle)
- SOA of sponsors and my personal SoA ( over 8 Million)
- B.sc result
- SOP
- Affidavit of sponsorship from parents
- letter of co sponsorship from uncle ( company letter headed )
- letter of support from parents
- my CV
- SSCE cert.
- previous travel to dubai, SA and UK
- my parents landed documents
- my landed document and registration certificate
- my previous work and business registration certificate/ tax receipts and certificates
- tuition deposit $CAD 7000

Going for a 2 years PGD course in Business Management - International Business @ Lambton College

Sorry about the delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
kruxit:
Tnx oo., MrArams, fabuloustee,stayboy1602,eddy20,millymc,cancity234,kepner,Brandymcmb,optimal,awe2015...allsilent readers and d NL family...am grtful, mor positive news on d thread. Am heading to Fanshawe college. PG Project mgt.
wow...big congrats..you came you saw and you conquered...I tap into this IJN Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
... @masterp204 ... Did u overstay in any of those countries at any time....when did u finish ur first degree .... I would have only addressed the reasons for the initial refusal

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
akanni:

pally congrats o finally, so which course did you settle for? I remember you mentioned agric back then?

when you dey waka and when class start?

i still dey hold on to your prophesy though plenty things don change o.

Its my little brother o. The boy just chop TRV on a platter of Gold.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
Optimall:
Congratz bro. JEHOVAH don hear ur prayer..

I tap oooooo. IJN amen. Congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by aduktus(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
BVNO:
Hi everyone, I am new in this forum.

I have applied for studies in Canada but was denied early this year, reason was on finance.

Honestly I don't really understand why I was denied because of finance, the amount in the statement was sufficient enough for my studies.

My husband was the sponsor.

Although, I applied immediately I got married and did not put evidence of change of name.

the question is this...

I want to apply again but around November next year.

I am an expectant mother and by then by his grace I would have put to bed. I would love to go with my child during my studies perhaps enrol my child in day care during my studies.

how possible is it for them to grant me study visa with my child?

I would need urgent and genuine response. Thank you

Please am new here too. am a nurse and i want to migrate to canada with the family, please i need someone to put me thru the detailed processes.
tx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Siga:
... @masterp204 ... Did u overstay in any of those countries at any time....when did u finish ur first degree .... I would have only addressed the reasons for the initial refusal

Oga siga. Nahh. Not atall. I no fit overstay oo. Lol
Finished school in 2008, NYSC 2009 to 2010.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
eddy20:
I decided to apply for diploma becus Masters admission takes a hell lots of time and most times they will not grant the admission.so I opted for PGD and I got the admission in 2weeks.when u do ur pgd u can finish and den do masters if u like....

Seems we are thinking same way... wink and same humber wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
masterp204:

Oga siga. Nahh. Not atall. I no fit overstay oo. Lol
Finished school in 2008, NYSC 2009 to 2010.
...Since then u have been doing business on your own....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Online Route is flying like a bird in a week or two they will reach october sharply!

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.