Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827297 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lakusi(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2014
Cufs:

Ohh dear, wish I could advice but I'm not a pro in this yet. I'm sure the gurus in the house can answer this e.g Oga Siga them

Aii I appreciate ur response ... Oga siga n others pls kindly help a bro ... M looking at Fall 2015 ... My previous post shows wt I nid help on. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
lassky:
around high court
Ok. What's your conclusion now? I stay in Akure and my brother is a lawyer, wouldn't know if I can be of help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2014
Cufs:

Oga it's a 2yr programme pls not 4. And it's for ppl that already have 1st degree..you grab??
yaeh yaeh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by georgey2k(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2014
redribs:

What I expect the VO will do if your visa is granted months b4 school resumption is to postdate the validity of your visa to a later date...

And in your application form you need to choose the date you intend to arrive Canada (or rather the date ur school is to resume)... this is the date the VO is likely going to work with when deciding ur visa issuance date.

just my opinion tho
OK, Thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2014
tianadiva:
am here boss gud morning nd congrats on ur passed medicals
Thanks so much. Waiting for your goodnews.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2014
lassky:

make Una helep me na cry

Dts too much! N1k shld do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lymelyte(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2014
eddy20:
I graduated with a GPA of 4.12 which is a 2nd class upper.I applied for a pgd program and I was given my admission quickly.Now I have my TRV already.so u can apply with ur 4.10 gpa for a pgd becus the admission is faster....
is the duration of your pgd 1 or 2years?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2014
twaintoy:
Ok. What's your conclusion now? I stay in Akure and my brother is a lawyer, wouldn't know if I can be of help.
awwww thanks jare and I've done it already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2014
lassky:
awwww thanks jare and I've done it already
Ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Congrats on ur trv- @Mantiger, Oghos2k, realone1 & cman4good. To all winter applicants awaiting medicals, God is in control.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by georgey2k(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2014
lassky:
thanks a million
Guy, that's too high, is a seal stamp and few words written on the document, U can try another lawyer, probably he has seen the money and the reason stated in the sponsorship letter and decided to hike d price. Nigerians and their mentality, once they hear U r going abroad, is assumed U r rich, try another lawyer, negotiate with him or her per copy of document, at most 1k before bringing out your documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 10:25am On Oct 21, 2014
lymelyte:
is the duration of your pgd 1 or 2years?
there are 2 year pgd nd 1 year pgd.go for a 2 year pgd so u can have a longer work permit wen u graduate from skool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Hello my people how e dey go naaaaaa lol.. waiting for cic to request for my passport oh den off I go, I wish everyone easy and safe trv processing..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2014
amby7:
Good morning house.. pls redribs i noticed u have bin admitted to Uottawa for PG, I also applied to said school and have been waiting for a decision for 10 weeks now. I'd want to know how long it took u to recieve a decision from them..
Any1 else that has an input on dis pls comment..
thanks

Hi...
I also applied to uOttawa(Fall 2015) and it took them about 4 weeks to get back to me. I think it depends on the number of applications being processed at the time. More workload equals delay, especially if you applied for Winter session.
My advice will be for you to send them a mail requesting your app status cos 10weeks is a long time...you should get a reply soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 11:20am On Oct 21, 2014
lakusi:

Oh tanx alot Cufs btw is it advisable to apply for a diploma even wen u av an undergraduate degree result with cgpa arnd 4.10/5.00 M finkin of tryin a diploma since d admission is easier n den I dnt av to show lotsa amount of money in my acct ... its actually Masters dat I wana do over dere ... I studied Electrical/Electronics Engrg bt my cousins av restricted me to Alberta province jux for easy accommodation n processing cos dey reside in Alberta ... Tanx again dear

What's really the issue here? Money, Admission, or the fact you have to choose Alberta? Your 4.10 cgpa is good enough for you to be considered for admission, If you don't try how will you be able to know if you'll get admission or not? University of Calgary, Lethbridge and Alberta offer funding for research based courses. Its competitive but wouldn't hurt to try

What kind of processing can your cousins offer? I don't think your diploma idea is bad one though. Heard NAIT and SAIT got some nice courses and can be competitive cos lots of pple apply for a few slots.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2014
Graviton2:
Guys,

I'd like your help regarding my unique case — I have a US visa but owing to certain circumstances (funds mostly) I couldn't make the trip this August. I'm applying again and I don't want to put all my proverbial eggs into one basket. I intend applying to Canada too but I need help regarding schools with low/affordable study expenses (ones that won't serve as red flags at the embassy).

I have already researched and I have come up with four schools, I would like you guys to advise my decision and hopefully suggest more schools that meet my demand.

The schools are —
University of Manitoba
University of Ottawa
University of Prince Edward Island
Memorial University

(I wanted to add Concordia but the expenses pursue me)

Hello graviton..
The schools you mentioned are quite alright when talking about affordable cost and all...but aren't you also supposed to look for schools in line with a particular course option in mind??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks..
I did apply for winter session and i actually called when it got to 8 weeks (was told my file would be forwarded to the admission committe and should expect a response the following week). Called again yesterday and was told to wait for about another 2 weeks, suprised its taking this long.
thanks again

Kepner:

Hi...
I also applied to uOttawa(Fall 2015) and it took them about 4 weeks to get back to me. I think it depends on the number of applications being processed at the time. More workload equals delay, especially if you applied for Winter session.
My advice will be for you to send them a mail requesting your app status cos 10weeks is a long time...you should get a reply soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2014
Hi, I have an issue. I want to apply for fanshawe college graduate certificate in logistics and supply chain management but they asked for my high school transcript and high school certificate along side my university transcript and certificate. I want to know if it's ok to send just SS1 and SS2 transcript with my WAEC result or if I have to send from JS1 to SS transcript.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2014
Send any secondary school transcript u can lay ur hands on,if u only have the one of ss1 and ss2 and ur waec result then that's fine....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2014
ada4all:
Hi, I have an issue. I want to apply for fanshawe college graduate certificate in logistics and supply chain management but they asked for my high school transcript and high school certificate along side my university transcript and certificate. I want to know if it's ok to send just SS1 and SS2 transcript with my WAEC result or if I have to send from JS1 to SS transcript.
you can send any secondary school transcript u lay ur hands on prefarably that of the SS classes and ur waec result
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2014
lassky:
I want to notarize my sponsorship letter, d notary charged me #5000. Shey na so e cost reach? Please house make Una help me o. How much does it cost to notarize a document?..please any1 in d house who hs done shud tell me abeg embarassed
there is no fixed price for it,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
IyaEjima:
Congrats on ur trv- @Mantiger, Oghos2k, realone1 & cman4good. To all winter applicants awaiting medicals, God is in control.
Thanks so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
eddy20:
you can send any secondary school transcript u lay ur hands on prefarably that of the SS classes and ur waec result

Thank you eddy20. Pls I have another question. What is the difference between graduate certificate, graduate diploma and advanced graduate diploma.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larryshow40: 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
Please do i have to submit schedule 1 Form ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
IyaEjima:
Thank you beauty and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Waledarep(m): 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
Oga Siga and other Pros please...

I have been admitted to MI of MUN for Fall 2015 already and will be starting my TRV processing by next March.

Please I need a step to step procedure to follow if am to apply for my TRV through a Paper route? Thank you.

Secondly, they already asked for $150 to confirm my admission. Is their any other method I can use to make the payment because I was told by someone that to wire any payment carry a flat rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Graviton2(m): 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
Kepner:

Hello graviton..
The schools you mentioned are quite alright when talking about affordable cost and all...but aren't you also supposed to look for schools in line with a particular course option in mind??

Hey, Kepner.

True, I did search for these schools with my course preference in mind (Political science).

Do you have any suggestions?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
ada4all:

Thank you eddy20. Pls I have another question. What is the difference between graduate certificate, graduate diploma and advanced graduate diploma.
post graduate diploma and postgraduate certificate are the same thing,but advanced diploma is a higher diploma,just the way HND is higher than OND in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
stayboy1602:
Hello my people how e dey go naaaaaa lol.. waiting for cic to request for my passport oh den off I go, I wish everyone easy and safe trv processing..
Go chk your cic cos na like 5min ago d thing surface for here.
Original passport requexted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Waledarep:
Oga Siga and other Pros please...

I have been admitted to MI of MUN for Fall 2015 already and will be starting my TRV processing by next March.

Please I need a step to step procedure to follow if am to apply for my TRV through a Paper route? Thank you.

Secondly, they already asked for $150 to confirm my admission. Is their any other method I can use to make the payment because I was told by someone that to wire any payment carry a flat rate.

Since you're not applying anytime soon, I'll advice u read previous parts of thread to know how to go about the application, you can start from part 5.

As for the confirmation fee, tell the school you want to pay with your card, that way theyll only deduct the equivalent of $150 at your banks rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
ManTiger:

Ur Brother's passport has been requested ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
ManTiger:

thank God oh bro congratulations, not yet but guees soon bro maybe later today

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.