Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. (2022 Views)

Protest In OAU Over Lack Of Light And Water For Days (photos) / Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister / Ebola: School Owners, FG On Collision Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Ephramed(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is my little story.though if i sit to recall it.cant stop laughing the event that day.though yours may be hilarious,or tragic you can share.so enjoy.
Knock knock,ku tashi ku tashi.was the sound that woke me up early hours of friday 2am precise.i woke up. it was our father.i asked what happened,wz wondering if na armed robbers.
But to my greatest shock he said we should boil water quick.been in the northern part of the state we use firewood to cook meals.so we asked what the problem was he said that his friend called him that it was announce on BBC HAUSA NEWS that everyone should bath with warm water and salt (saline water) and drink some part of it because of Ebola virus.
I was like ah! When did ebola enter northern states abi na breeze e dey take fly now.
My brother and sister were kind of divided on the issue.for them not to disobey they boiled water few followed while the rest didnt.
E get one neighbour for my side na the mysterious type of neighbour.i go fit even swear say nobody dey for the next compound lo and behold ,because him come borrow salt and hot water and only that time i know say,person dey live for that compound.
All Thanks to EBOLA.
The next day i woke up to bath and be ready for the hustle of the day.met my friend he said ya waka da gishiri(how wz bathing with salt) i said ni ban yi ba(i didnt do it).he said him his mother woke them up by 3 am that everybody must bath no exception.so he had no choice.
In one house the mother took a big container for storing water and soaked all her children inside.for another man. he was shouting on his wife that; since kerosine finish you no fit tell person.see emergency now, how you go do.better go borrow sharp sharp.
The poor woman had no choice.in that night she has to go out
.perhaps that her story.i know to many its worse but people i pity most is those with HBP.if this is how rumours spread without people confirming source then we in trouble.what if one day a rumour just start spreading that a particular set of people should start killing a particular set that it was broadcasted,so this how damage would have been done.
Its a shame.or is is fear or is it ignorance.no one knows.
My advice always confirm source of news.and please those that broadcast news like this should play it safe.
Thanks for taking your time to read this.have a lovely week ahead of you.

5 Likes

Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
When I got d BC I totally ignored it, cos no tym. cheesy
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by freshness2020: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dammyoni18: When I got d BC I totally ignored it, cos no tym. cheesy
I debunked mine straight away! The news doesn't look real from the onset.... Imagine Ebola been projected in the Air" its so hilarious! Just like dat?
Ignorance bad gan!
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by bastien: 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lol, ma mama call early money I just cut d call,I know Whats up,I just no wan hear begging
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by donkross1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
I never believed it buh I actually did it just to fulfill all righteousness. #stillfeelingstupid4doingit *sadface*
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:54am On Aug 11, 2014
Lol funny enough, I never took it serious at all! I thought it was one of those silly jokes u get online so I simply ignored it! Never knew people took it sooo serious, I mean! Salt and water Habaaaaaa!!!!
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Ephramed(m): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2014
BecaciaBarbie: Lol funny enough, I never took it serious at all! I thought it was one of those silly jokes u get online so I simply ignored it! Never knew people took it sooo serious, I mean! Salt and water Habaaaaaa!!!!

i couldnt stop laughing about different stories for 3 days.
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 11, 2014
embarassed
Mumsy called me very early said her Bro called her and insisted she had her bath with salt and water so she decided to call her children that studied science, she actually is at a conference and so has no access to salt! She was almost panicking!
Told her it was a load of bullcrap and she should just use her regular soap and water! undecided undecided
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by ednut1(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2014
d one tin i hate about Nigerian parents is dey believe they knw all. our culture does not allow us challenge dem smh.

4 Likes

Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Clinton594(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Lols I heard that news around 1 am, all my family members took the bathe except I and my younger brother who didn't because i myself didn't .
lols, you can't imagine that around 5 I started noticing some bites on my body, I knew it had to be mosquito Buh I wasn't sure..... no be person say make I run go carry my younger brother enta bathroom sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Nosyke(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2014
tchidi: embarassed
Mumsy called me very early said her Bro called her and insisted she had her bath with salt and water so she decided to call her children that studied science, she actually is at a conference and so has no access to salt! She was almost panicking!
Told her it was a load of bullcrap and she should just use her regular soap and water! undecided undecided

Haba tchidi, nor be you wey come borrow dangote salt the oda day? undecided.

I am guessing the origin of that false info as follows: People were told to wash their hands with Sodium Hypochlorite (an active ingredient of most house hold bleaches) , maybe somebody somehere thought it was Sodium Chloride (aka salt) and decided to 'spread' the message.

Funny enough, I didnt get to see the BCs and text messages till around 4pm that day grin

Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Ariyke: 11:56am On Aug 11, 2014
cheesy my mum too forced my brother to bath with salt water after he was ready for work I was just laughing and she was like "u won't do it" am the only one in my compound that didn't do it.
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by ebullientV(m): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerians are too quick too believe baseless news spread by rumour peddlers. And it's so alarming.

Seeing educated, i mean soundly educated people getting all panicky, got me really raving. How can people be so ignorant?

When i saw the news, i just wondered how ebola suddenly decided to ''go on a flight'' that morning. Seeing as we'd previously been told the disease isn't airborne..

And since Nigerian's have a knack for over-sabi, i heard some people even made Eba with such water. Smh
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by priscaoge(f): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pastors preached against kissing, touching and
romancing amongst unmarried people,but people
refused to listen. Now,Ebola is preaching it and
everybody is trembling with fear,some even drank salt and water n bath with it undecided undecided. Hmmm,
Evangelist Ebola, Welldone oooooh !

5 Likes

Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by utenwuson: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Clinton594: Lols I heard that news around 1 am, all my family members took the bathe except I and my younger brother who didn't because i myself didn't .
lols, you can't imagine that around 5 I started noticing some bites on my body, I knew it had to be mosquito Buh I wasn't sure..... no be person say make I run go carry my younger brother enta bathroom sharp sharp.
ds is Hilarious!!!
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by dammymighty(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Clinton594: Lols I heard that news around 1 am, all my family members took the bathe except I and my younger brother who didn't because i myself didn't .
still rolin on d floor

my mum called me eighth times in dat mornin bt i missed all d calls, my roomate was also tryin to tell me to bath with salt water whenever i will take ma bathe dat mornin bt i was seriously enjoyin ma slip. so, i didnt get wat he was sayin clearly. later in d day, around 12pm, i called ma mum nd asked ha why she called, so, she said she wanted to tell me to bath with hot water saturated wit salt because of d disease kilin bot old nd young in d world........it was very funny to me. to avoid any form of pleadin frm ha, i said "okay, i've heard u ma". my roommate came back almost dsame time i hanged ma mom's call, i asked him d massage he was trying to pass acros in d mornin, so he said d whites were goin to pump a kind of chemical in the air to prevent transmission of ebola by air nd d chemical was kinda corrosive to our skins so, we were advised to bath with salt water to neutralize d effect of d chemical on our skin..........he said he didnt reli bath with it bt he drank d salt solution. i didnt reli believe it so, i ignored it. like 30minutes later, my body began to scratch me, i was like, av them pump d chemical in the air or wat i cudnt wait to boil water nd since dir was no drikin water in d rum, i quickly drew d sachet of salt closer to maself nd started licking it.........

1 Like

Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by captainobvious: 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
dammymighty: still rolin on d floor

my mum called me eighth times in dat mornin bt i missed all d calls, my roomate was also tryin to tell me to bath with salt water whenever i will take ma bathe dat mornin bt i was seriously enjoyin ma slip. so, i didnt get wat he was sayin clearly. later in d day, around 12pm, i called ma mum nd asked ha why she called, so, she said she wanted to tell me to bath with hot water saturated wit salt because of d disease kilin bot old nd young in d world........it was very funny to me. to avoid any form of pleadin frm ha, i said "okay, i've heard u ma". my roommate came back almost dsame time i hanged ma mom's call, i asked him d massage he was trying to pass acros in d mornin, so he said d whites were goin to pump a kind of chemical in the air to prevent transmission of ebola by air nd d chemical was kinda corrosive to our skins so, we were advised to bath with salt water to neutralize d effect of d chemical on our skin..........he said he didnt reli bath with it bt he drank d salt solution. i didnt reli believe it so, i ignored it. like 30minutes later, my body began to scratch me, i was like, av them pump d chemical in the air or wat i cudnt wait to boil water nd since dir was no drikin water in d rum, i quickly drew d sachet of salt closer to maself nd started licking it.........

Hahahaha
in 2face's voice: nobody wan die but dey wan go heaven
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ephramed: This is my little story.though if i sit to recall it.cant stop laughing the event that day.though yours may be hilarious,or tragic you can share.so enjoy.
Knock knock,ku tashi ku tashi.was the sound that woke me up early hours of friday 2am precise.i woke up. it was our father.i asked what happened,wz wondering if na armed robbers.
But to my greatest shock he said we should boil water quick.been in the northern part of the state we use firewood to cook meals.so we asked what the problem was he said that his friend called him that it was announce on BBC HAUSA NEWS that everyone should bath with warm water and salt (saline water) and drink some part of it because of Ebola virus.
I was like ah! When did ebola enter northern states abi na breeze e dey take fly now.
My brother and sister were kind of divided on the issue.for them not to disobey they boiled water few followed while the rest didnt.
E get one neighbour for my side na the mysterious type of neighbour.i go fit even swear say nobody dey for the next compound lo and behold ,because him come borrow salt and hot water and only that time i know say,person dey live for that compound.
All Thanks to EBOLA.
The next day i woke up to bath and be ready for the hustle of the day.met my friend he said ya waka da gishiri(how wz bathing with salt) i said ni ban yi ba(i didnt do it).he said him his mother woke them up by 3 am that everybody must bath no exception.so he had no choice.
In one house the mother took a big container for storing water and soaked all her children inside.for another man. he was shouting on his wife that; since kerosine finish you no fit tell person.see emergency now, how you go do.better go borrow sharp sharp.
The poor woman had no choice.in that night she has to go out

grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Ephramed(m): 6:09am On Aug 14, 2014
fellis:

grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao
during that event it wasnt funny,but whenever i sit to recall.i start laughing .
Re: My EBOLA Salt And Water Solution Experience. by Moblord(m): 6:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Ayya abokina sorry o lwkmd. Me I didn't do it thinking it is a kind of initiation.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class / Institute Of Chartered Management Accountants (ICMA) / 5 Ways To Talk To A Woman Online And Get Her Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.