Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nigerias Best Kung Fu Movie. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nigerias Best Kung Fu Movie. (1423 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerias Best Kung Fu Movie. by xothermik(m): 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2008
hey guys i once asked if anyone had ever come across a kung fu parody by the name of chainis fim(chineese film in pidgin) and got no response. guess none of u did. it was my first attempt at video editing and really set me on my way. its got a great plot, theme and yes special effects which were from the most basic methods but nontheless awesome.it was actually shot out of boredom with an mp4 player camera(less than one mega pix) and without audio but it turned out to be a hit among pals back in A.B.U that we had to put in the whole sfx,atmonspherics and voices from scratch. the lip sync was delibrately made to be a bit off to mimic old chineese movies with their bad dubbing. feel free to criticise and post comments. it was made in 2005 and we are waitin to make some mega cheese so we can make the full movie.can't wait for that now that I'm a hokage with combustion and after effects and my 3d composition and rotoscoping will sure come in handy. enjoy.

here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpRBrzRjBQ and don't forget to post comments. grin
Re: Nigerias Best Kung Fu Movie. by Raymond88(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2008
It got boring after the first two minutes, the background was very dull and i couldn't understand what the fight was about, it was like watching a short clip of a Indecency movie, 9 minutes of fighting with no story line.
Re: Nigerias Best Kung Fu Movie. by xothermik(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2008
finally a comment. anyway i gess i got ur hopes up too high like a hollywood trailer grin. lik i said tho the movie was actually freestyled out of boredom wit no storyboard or script. as for the background i did also explain the poor and single camera used and like i said twas my first video work so it mit perhaps b xcused.yes after two mins it was a bit borin(this was delibrate as the boss was frustratingly waitin for the actor to get his act together in a seemingly never ending charge by actor which included gettin on an okada to get to someone not not more than 10 yards away and the boss had to indulge himself in a dance session to keep himself bored)however this was just to the end of the fourth minute where the fight continued (3 mins probably seemd like an eternity because u had to wait for u tube to load)my point is however inspite all this short commings the brosses making our nollywood movies don't really hav anything like it in d market and hence the name of the thread. nonetheless i really clamour for your comments because it has enjoyed over 20 views and not a comment till now. comments and criticisms are welcome grin
Re: Nigerias Best Kung Fu Movie. by xothermik(m): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2008
@raymond
by the way i think u missed it but it did hav a story line. short(adequate for a 9 min movie)but its there. its like this. good guy was in a bad mood and ready to deal with anybody who shud cross his path and the bad guy who was passin by and happened to be a beans freak grin came across a house(the good guys house)which was a perfect spot to set up his beans factory(wonder what that is) and his attempts to buy it from the good guy proved abortive so he opted to aquire it the chineese way.(those chineese filme used to fight for any reason) in the end was on the brink of overcomin the good guy when his late father's spirit warned him of his imminent path to loosing his bed space in heaven on the advent of loosing his house which catapulted good guy into an fiery rage that defeated and killed bad guy whoose last spark of life was expelld thru his anus as a series of farts. still nice for u to drop ur view tho. by the way i love the photoshop tuts u layed out on the otha thread. im chekin em out now.

(1) (Reply)

Pencil Artist And 2d Animator Needed / Adobe Acrobat, Indesign Instructor / 60 Step-by-step Wordpress Videos Tutorials- Master Wordpress Effortlessly Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.