Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. (12107 Views)

Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Opistorincos(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2014
the main reason my mom 8 left handed children is because they'll use d same hand they used in cleaning their bum to eat while right handed guys use their left hand to do dirty things n right hand 4 'cool' stuffs .... my younger bro is one tho

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Barselonia(m): 8:16am On Aug 12, 2014
am left handed oo... But complaint too much,especially When I wan eat... they would now said Which hand u used to shit, I would said Both, because I wash Both after toilet
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Fabdedon(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Left footers are very skillful an dribles a lot cos u can't predict their move cos you have always expected them to use the right leg..likewise left handed are skill ful too.. I am witness..they have good hand writing and they are briliant and the bad side is their blow..gosh.. Its somfin else.. They are fast in fighting.. And they know where to place dia blows where u wont expect it.... cool
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by horlabiyi(m): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2014
I had a friend back. In secondary school,he knew how to use the hands very well, I can write with right and left hand but his left hand was superb. Sad,he died few days ago. RIP Olaniyan Joshua Oluwatoyin sad
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by missKeri(f): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2014
richling77: That makes you ambidextrous. I'm close to it too.
Lol..Gud for u
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by sleemtobz: 8:48am On Aug 12, 2014
promise2020: i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect

Mumu,at this age & time.Get a life,get enlightened!

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by sod09(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2014
Nobody stop me frm using left o...btw
We d best obama,fash,etc
Im a full leftie...hand nd leg
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by kunletoks(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2014
I'm left handed, my parent tried to stop me from using my left hand to write.
Now by default is I want to do anything, I use my left ranging from playing ball, table tennis, smoker, seeping, using knife, washing and so on.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by kunletoks(m): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2014
promise2020: i hate people that use left hand, i feel they reason left left instead of right.. i had a friend that shakes people with his left hand, it shows no sign of respect

U are missing. By default, more than half out of 10 lefties are smart.
Academically, they are ok.
I wish my kids are left handed.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by ebenez0303(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2014
i started as a leftie,use left leg play football.....but was discourage by mum sad at early age.
but there is this gal in my sec school days that use both hand ,i ask her the secret .she said she was also discourage too, but secretly use it in school and switch to right at home
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Chrisx1x(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Lefthanded people are genius and are mostly very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by killercute16(m): 9:33am On Aug 12, 2014
LMAO grin
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by baconline(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2014
I am left handed,I am really good at anything technical I lay my hands on.right from secondary school.I teach my self most things ,I don't really need to be tauth something b4 I understand it.its sweet to be left hand but I am very poor in other areas.thumbs up to all the SOUTH PAWS in the house

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2014
I was born left-handed but my mum only succeeded in changing me from writing with it. I do every other thing with my left including cooking. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by tellwisdom: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Left hand people ?? Spits angry
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Sophiatabitha(f): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2014
justi4jesu: 1 minute...i like left handed guys kiss

Me too. Infact i love them.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 12, 2014
...used to be a lefthanded lil dude but my parents converted me to a rightie. I play soccer with my left leg.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by 3sha4lyf: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2014
I'm ambidextrous. What I can do with my right hand, I can do it with my left. I write, I sweep, I stir, I eat etc with either of both hands. My mum hit me when I was a kid each time I wrote with left. My teacher flogged me when ever I wrote with left. I hated going to school for fear of the cane but then I stopped and started using right. In my mid 20s, I fell in love with lefties and started practicing to write with left once again. Today, I do it on impulse. I'm more of left than right.

Morale of the day: You can stop a child from doing something at a time. But there comes a time when you can't stop the child from doing that something.

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by wildflower22(f): 10:19am On Aug 12, 2014
My elder bros is a leftie and he is very intelligent and sexy too. lol
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by roufy235(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Sijo01: I use both! I was brought up right handed and I trained myself to use left. am so loving it.
wow nice one. My parents only forced me to use right hand to eat.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by colossus2: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2014
justi4jesu:

Yimmu.................
Ganmu tongue
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Ariyke: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Am a leftie and my dad is one too so he didn't do anything to stop me from using it bt I was forced to write and eat with right bt give me 20 cloth to wash with left and one 1 to wash with right I would finish 20 before I start with right and I can't sweep or do anything with my right hand except left
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Emma8043(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Shey u knw say na thunder go fire u? U get luck say u no dey near me u for don collect hot slap with my beautiful left hand
#TeamFast2SlapWithLeftHand
#TeamHardCoreLefty

1 Like

Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by greggng: 10:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Nigerians re very funny. Just heard someone say left handed people re special and disabled.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by ChildofChukwu(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2014
There's nothing wrong with being left-handed. I think it's kinda cool. It's different from the crowd and I wish I were left handed. I'm a bit ambidextrous. I write and eat with my right, but do most domestic chores with my left.
If you feel your left hand is evil then cut it off angry
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2014
I ve a thing for left handed guys,I kinda fancy them,the cute ones thou,there are times wen I try to do things left handed,I dnt see it as bad,bt here in naija wen u give someone smtin wit d left hand they see it as bin disrespectful.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by UmmRumy(f): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2014
There's no need comparing. It's how the brain's wired. Lefties are said to excell in maths while righties in arts(not sure though). We have to take religion & culture into account though. My daughter's a lefty. I just make sure she eats with her right, cleans herself up in the toilet with her left, gives and receives with her right.
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by jabanz(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2014
Africans see tha use of left hand to be like shld I say 'disrespectful'
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 12, 2014
It's almost the same story with every left-hander
Parents forcing a left-handed child to switch to the right hand

Being left-handed is a central part of who I am and being so is as important to me as my everyday eight-hour sleep cheesy

The only person who told me it's ok to be left-handed was my grandpa

Mum wanted me to 'fit into the society' and write, eat, hold things like 'every normal child' so she started her 'operation switch from left to right'. She'd smack my left hand any time I do any other thing apart from washing my bum with it. She'd scold and force me to use my right hand

I ended up ambidextrous
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Raypawer(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2014
luvly101: 24 Struggles All Left Handed People Go Through Every Day undecided

http://www.strongmindbraveheart.com/24-struggles-left-handed-people-go-every-day/

why not create you own thread sad sad sad
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2014
No one should ever force someone using their left hand to use their right. As a trained teacher, I always encouraged parents to let the kids be.

If they are forced to switch, it just make them second guess themselves. Even when they know the answer to a question, the fear of writing it with their left hand will be there if the result is a loud scold or reprimand. Such child will become slower in writing, thinking and even the simple hand to mouth coordinations.

As per eating, encourage him to use cutleries instead.

Or better stile, persuade him to try using both hands even if the excuse you can give is 'if your left hand gets tired, then your right can take over' grin
Re: Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. by ayorwizz(m): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Right or left....I dnt tink dere's anytin special to it......its just about being comfortable.
Am lefthanded and nobody sees it as a big deal in my house...yh, well except d nosy neighbours of course, who wanted to change me coz "ur mamma didn't".
And I dnt think lefties are in any way betta at certain tins compared to d righties and vice versa...at least, am a witness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? / Please What Causes Some Men To Stay Too Long During S*ex / 9 Children Die In Fire Outbreak In Baccha Village, Plateau (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.