Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide (873 Views)

Peter Bunor Is Dead: Veteran Nollywood Actor Dies In Asaba / Wunmi Obe Attacks Robin Williams’ Widow In Heartless Open Letter / Robin Williams Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Beloved actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday, police reported.

He was 63.

The apparent cause of death was suicide by asphyxiation, authorities said. According to his publicist, Williams had been battling severe depression.

Williams was best known for his starring roles in classic comedies like Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Dr. Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting. He rose to fame while playing Mork the alien in the TV show Mork & Mindy, a Happy Days spinoff.

Most recently, Williams had starred in the new CBS sitcom 'The Crazy Ones.' It was cancelled after just one season.

Susan Schneider, the actor's wife, released the following statement to the New York Times' Dave Itzkoff:

"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."
Fellow actors took to Twitter to express deep sorrows on the death of the popular actor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-dies_n_5670050.html

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Big4wig(m): 12:49am On Aug 12, 2014
Rip
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Ashantiking: 1:44am On Aug 12, 2014
Ofonagoro: Beloved actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday, police reported.

He was 63.

The apparent cause of death was suicide by asphyxiation, authorities said. According to his publicist, Williams had been battling severe depression.

Williams was best known for his starring roles in classic comedies like Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Dr. Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting. He rose to fame while playing Mork the alien in the TV show Mork & Mindy, a Happy Days spinoff.

Most recently, Williams had starred in the new CBS sitcom 'The Crazy Ones.' It was cancelled after just one season.

Susan Schneider, the actor's wife, released the following statement to the New York Times' Dave Itzkoff:

"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."
Fellow actors took to Twitter to express deep sorrows on the death of the popular actor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-dies_n_5670050.html

Great actor
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Dreal1247: 1:52am On Aug 12, 2014
This is almost unimaginable, that a comedian died of depression. True happiness comes from God. RIP TO THE DEAD.
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Ashantiking: 2:06am On Aug 12, 2014
Dreal1247: This is almost unimaginable, that a comedian died of depression. True happiness comes from God. RIP TO THE DEAD.

Most great comedian has some kind of depression and some are even bipolar.
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:04am On Aug 12, 2014
Ashantiking:

Most great comedian has some kind of depression and some are even bipolar.
. True
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Osama10(m): 3:37am On Aug 12, 2014
Dreal1247: This is almost unimaginable, that a comedian died of depression. True happiness comes from God. RIP TO THE DEAD.

Its a strange world.
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by kobonaire(m): 4:42am On Aug 12, 2014
sad sad ... depression is real and very tough for whoever is going through it.
RIP Robbin .... My favourite movie of his is an old one .... Mrs Doubtfire where he plays the role of a women ... funny funny
Thanks for all the entertainment ..... adieu
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by starcelebritybu(f): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2014
This is really too sad news. He is a amazing actor. I never forgot his action.
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by stevecantrell: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2014

Most comedians have miserable private lives, you don't know what kind of dark times the was having off-screen. His second divorce wiped him out financially and he had to go back to work...on TV !
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by JEITO: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Whites and depression sef!

What a shame! Killed yourself because you can't face your challenges; that's a defeat man.

The remedy to depression: get out onto the streets, look for someone that is hurting, and make them feel better by showing them love- you'll heal yourself in the process.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Yemi Sax And Son Sharing Sweet...so Loving / Shocking! NBC Bans Lil Kesh’s Hit Song – SHOKI / Davido Fires Shot At Mc Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.