Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 (7507 Views)

PET Bottles Recycling Generates 1,800 Jobs Across Value Chains / Legitimate Jobs You Can Do Without Start-Up Capital In 2013 / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

You are doing yourself a great disservice here, were we not witnesses to certain APC governors who were employing able bodied graduates to do embarrassing menial jobs simply to earn N10,000 monthly.

The initiative was called OYES and YES-O youth employment that was praised to the high heavens by your fellow APC hordes . . . .Talk about hypocrisiy . . . . .

The OYES programme can't be compared to factory jobs. The Good Government of the State of Osun led by Ogbeni considered it wise to hire "Youths" for sanitation jobs. People that does it don't work for 6 straight hours. Some even do it as Alternate Jobs. Majority of OYES employees are SSCE holders and school graduates. You can't compare OYES scheme to working in a Lebanese or Indian owned factory.
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by adconline(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

Very weak attempt . .

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/8/1/jobs-july-unemployment.html
Poor comprehension and analytical skill! 290k of ALL jobs not manufacturing jobs.. Naija is wasted with folks like u.. No wonder folks like u invented salt water bath
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: Okonjo Iwaela and her Paper Growth. Where are the 1.5m Jobs? Are they counting 8k/month factory jobs as jobs? with hazard risk and poor working conditions? It shall NOT be well with Ngozi...

Quite disappointing coming from you . . . All i see is needless bitterness on the person of IWEALA cos she had absolutely nothing to do with the statistics reeled out by MAN.

You are trying too hard to proof your loyalty to the APC party . . . .

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

Quite disappointing coming from you . . . All i see is needless bitterness on the person of IWEALA cos she had absolutely nothing to do with the statistics reeled out by MAN.

You are trying too hard to proof your loyalty to the APC party . . . .
This is not about party loyalty dude it is about real governance. NOI is the economy minister, the bulk stops on her table. IF MAN could justify the modern slavery it is a big shame to her and to Havard University. And It is not about politics.
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: The OYES programme can't be compared to factory jobs. The Good Government of the State of Osun led by Ogbeni considered it wise to hire "Youths" for sanitation jobs. People that does it don't work for 6 straight hours. Some even do it as Alternate Jobs. Majority of OYES employees are SSCE holders and school graduates. You can't compare OYES scheme to working in a Lebanese or Indian owned factory.

You mean jobs like cleaning the market places and all kinds sundry jobs is not demeaning for a full blooded graduate in his own country , earning a peasant N10,000 not even up to the minimum wage ? I consider it worse than those uneducated people who work in those factories you mentioned . . . .

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
adconline:
Poor comprehension and analytical skill! 290k of ALL jobs not manufacturing jobs.. Naija is wasted with folks like u.. No wonder folks like u invented salt water bath

A developing economy like has will tend to have more springing factories than the advanced countries with a more robust economy. And common sense should also inform you that most of the US manufacturing was shifted to China for obvious reasons. If the Apples of this world e.t.c had their numerous manufacturing plants in the US. Do you still think that paltry 500k jobs quoted will stand ?

Do you know the amount of water packaging factories springing up, amount of soup, detergent, disinfecting factories e. t.c up around Lagos Alone.

With your level of pessimism, i wonder how many personal achievements in life you have made worth the appreciation of others . . .

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

You mean jobs like cleaning the market places and all kinds sundry jobs is not demeaning for a full blooded graduate in his own country , earning a peasant N10,000 not even up to the minimum wage ? I consider it worse than those uneducated people who work in those factories you mentioned . . . .
READ wat i posted and I am not ready for your recycling argument this time
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: This is not about party loyalty dude it is about real governance. NOI is the economy minister, the bulk stops on her table. IF MAN could justify the modern slavery it is a big shame to her and to Havard University. And It is not about politics.

What you call modern day slavery is putting food on the table for some families and also making some idle people useful . It is not the end of the road but a good start at least, with time conditions will improve if the right coercive tool is applied.

Even the so called contract staffs in banks can be called modern day slavery considering the psychological and emotional trauma they go through to satisfy their ever insatiable employers. But do we reject them in totality , knowing fully the sheer number of citizens employed in the banking sector ? . . . .

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Youpele52: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
OtunbaJega: My opinion:

1) The figure was inflated
2) Manufacturing jobs = Factory workers... Chinese, indian and lebanese companies come to mind.. Unskilled labour, No workers compensation, No job security, long working hours (including night shift and overtime), low wages, hazardous workplace conditions.... That one na job?
3) Can they also tell us how many jobs were lost due to epileptic power supply, corruption and poor economic policies

yeye dey smell....

Lest I forget, PDP deceiving gullible Nigerians since 1999 grin

It is the role of the government to create job opportunities directly by setting up companies or indirectly by putting up policies that'll aid individuals or companies to setup their companies here in this nation. But…it's the work of the labour unions and trade unions to agitate for the improvement of the working conditions.

Now Mr. Man, 1.5m jobs were created, be thankful for that. Little is better than none. Let the secondary be done by the labour unions and trade unions.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: READ wat i posted and I am not ready for your recycling argument this time

**smh**
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
adconline:
He loves unrelated comparison
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: He loves unrelated comparison

Unrelated comparison that exposes the foolishness in your views . . . .

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

What you call modern day slavery is putting food on the table for some families and also making some idle people useful . It is not the end of the road but a good start at least, with time conditions will improve if the right coercive tool is applied.

Even the so called contract staffs in banks can be called modern day slavery considering the psychological and emotional trauma they go through to satisfy their ever insatiable employers. But do we reject them in totality , knowing fully the sheer number of citizens employed in the banking sector ? . . . .
Man that factory thingy is reducing people's lifespan. That is Slavery not work. It cant be compared to Contract staffs in Banks.
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Youpele52:

It is the role of the government to create job opportunities directly by setting up companies or indirectly by putting up policies that'll aid individuals or companies to setup their companies here in this nation. But…it's the work of the labour unions and trade unions to agitate for the improvement of the working conditions.

Now Mr. Man, 1.5m jobs were created, be thankful for that. Little is better than none. Let the secondary be done by the labour unions and trade unions.

Simple and straight forward, but the self hating individuals who desire only terrible news for the country won't understand it . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by atlwireles: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Reading some comments here only makes me laugh, how can people become so regressive, where their thought process is programmed to celebrate bad news only.

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Barywhyte(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

You missed the source which is the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).

How does job created amount to politics ? Some of the reasoning abilities often seen here are embarrassingly questionable . . . .

And what is wrong with that ?

This is the most pointless statement i have ever read today, when a proffesional non governmental association like MAN release their stats, sane and sensible people will give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's like one questioning the news authenticity of reknowned and trusted media sources simply because we don't have the raw manuscript or the live recording of the events.

It is still nuisance like you that will believe the same source if it cited job loses . . . .

Go to MAN and verify their claims . . .

Another aimless statement by losers . . . .

The best advice you can apply to yourself, grow away from your self hating syndrome . . . .

The only reason I will not respond to your quote is that you are abusive. You are most likely irresponsible
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
barcanista: Man that factory thingy is reducing people's lifespan. That is Slavery not work. It cant be compared to Contract staffs in Banks.

Someone leaves his house 6am everyday to return home by 9pm or later while working round the clock with extreme and steep targets to be met.

I hear you brother . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Barywhyte:

The only reason I will not respond to your quote is that you are abusive. You are most likely irresponsible

Am allergic to arrogant nuisances like you . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by atlwireles: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote]Dangote, Others Generate 15,000MW Of Electricity From Private Plants

VENTURES AFRICA – BUA Group, Honeywell and Dangote Group in conjunction with similar manufacturing plants across Nigeria are generating more than 15,000 megawatts of electricity used by the companies off the national grid, Dr. Lazarus Angbazo, President and CEO of General Electric (GE) Nigeria disclosed at the weekend.

According to him, the captive power of 15,000mw is sufficient for the private companies to operate.

“When I say they are captive, I am talking about consumer industrial groups that are self-generating, like the Dangote Cement, Bua Cement, Lafarge Cement and others,” explained Angbazo.

He said due to inefficient power supply, these groups are constructing private power plants to ensure their operations are not affected by epileptic supply of electricity in the country.

“We are in partnership with Dangote, for example, on Obajana, Ibese, Shagamu and Gboko and we are the one providing the power,” local news platform, local daily ThisDay quoted him as saying.

Honeywell also gets power from GE, as well as other companies producing food and making use of GE engines.

Angbazo said further that the groups have been able to continuously produce the quantity of electricity required for their operations due to their financial muscle, citing Dangote, which is Africa’s largest producer of cement as an example.

According to him, the companies are taking the same step in the generation of captive power to ensure smooth operations.

The CEO said GE would during next month’s World Economic Forum (WEF) holding in Nigeria talk about how the partnership it has with respect to additional power generating capacity would be increased.

He added that the 11 distribution companies (DISCOs) can generate power within their own networks, without going through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), if they are financially buoyant enough. This, he said would be good as the DISCOs lose up to 40 percent of power allocated to them from the generating companies on transmission.

The GE Nigeria chief said he expects some DISCOs to have generating capacity in the next few years, especially the big ones like Ibadan, Ikeja, Enugu and Eko. This he noted will improve electricity supply in Nigeria.

Africa’s largest economy with over 170 million people still produces less than 4,000 MW of electricity, a dismal figure when compared with South Africa’s estimated population of 52.9 million and 44, 000MW power generation level.

However, reforms in Nigeria’s critical power sector, is expected to bring the much desire succour to its citizens and boost economic activities. Early this year, renowed economist, Jim O’Niell was quoted as saying the country’s economy “could grow at 10-12 percent by sorting out this problem alone.”[quote]
http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/04/dangote-others-generate-15000mw-of-electricity-from-private-plants

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
atlwireles: Reading some comments here only makes me laugh, how can people become so regressive, where their thought process is programmed to celebrate bad news only.

It is so shocking my bother . . . . . sad

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by atlwireles: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
I know some of you are waiting for bad news in Nigeria, I'm sorry to disappoint you people with good news all the time. Things are happening across this land. Just accept it and move on.

3 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by adconline(m): 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

A developing economy like has will tend to have more springing factories than the advanced countries with a more robust economy. And common sense should also inform you that most of the US manufacturing was shifted to China for obvious reasons. If the Apples of this world e.t.c had their numerous manufacturing plants in the US. Do you still think that paltry 500k jobs quoted will stand ?

Do you know the amount of water packaging factories springing up, amount of soup, detergent, disinfecting factories e. t.c up around Lagos Alone.

With your level of pessimism, i wonder how many personal achievements in life you have made worth the appreciation of others . . .
US creates about 2 million jobs in all sectors in a year with 316 million folks working in a $16tn economy.
Naija creates 1.5 million Manufacturing jobs alone? Just in one sector??Which could mean that Naija creates about 5 million jobs annually. Naija is about $700bn economy with 170m folks.
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by atlwireles: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
adconline:
US creates about 2 million jobs in all sectors in a year with 316 million folks working in a $16tn economy.
Naija creates 1.5 million Manufacturing jobs alone? Just in one sector??Which could mean that Naija creates about 5 million jobs annually. Naija is about $700bn economy with 170m folks.

So, what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Barywhyte(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
atlwireles:

You claimed the government published this numbers. The last time I checked MAN was not the government.

Below is the address for MAN.

Postal Address

By Mail:
Manufacturers Association of Nigeria
MAN House
77 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja
P. O. Box 3835, Marina, Lagos,
Nigeria.

By Telephone:
+234 (1) 7415670 - 74 OR +234 (1) 7390076

By Email
info [at] manufacturersnigeria.org
man [at] manufacturersnigeria.org

Sir, you and I know that in this country, the private sector or a NON-GOVERNMENT organization like Nigerian government dish out, on regularly basis baseless and unverified documents/claims just to appease the international community or to make believe that they are at the fore front of solving the country problems. Any organization can be hired by the government to dish out lies to give impression that the government of the day is working. Weather the 1.5M jobs are 8k/month or 10k/month, the issue is what is the volume of manufactured products that could have warranted the influx of 1.5M people into manufacturing sector alone? What in the world in this country producing? How many manufacturing companies are currently operating in Nigeria and what are they manufacturing? No one can give me the impression that any sector of this this country is working.
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
adconline:

Have you factored in the millions of jobs created by American companies who moved to China . .If those companies were in America employing several millions, will your figures still be valid ?

Meanwhile MAN has given her figures, consult her records to dispute it.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by atlwireles: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Barywhyte:

Sir, you and I know that in this country, the private sector or a NON-GOVERNMENT organization like Nigerian government dish out, on regularly basis baseless and unverified documents/claims just to appease the international community or to make believe that they are at the fore front of solving the country problems. Any organization can be hired by the government to dish out lies to give impression that the government of the day is working. Weather the 1.5M jobs are 8k/month or 10k/month, the issue is what is the volume of manufactured products that could have warranted the influx of 1.5M people into manufacturing sector alone? What in the world in this country producing? How many manufacturing companies are currently operating in Nigeria and what are they manufacturing? No one can give me the impression that any sector of this this country is working.

If MAN told Nigerians, they lost 1.5M jobs, because of contraction in utilization capacity by their members factories, I doubt you will question those numbers. Look to the market, visit the borders and see products from Nigeria leaving in trailers to countries around us. Companies like honeywell, dangote cement,nestle are seeing valuation almost double in the last 11 months on the stock exchange. Something good is happening, just don't allow your pessimism lock you out.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by Barywhyte(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
atlwireles:

If MAN told Nigerians, they lost 1.5M jobs, because of contraction in utilization capacity by their members factories, I doubt you will question those numbers. Look to the market, visit the borders and see products from Nigeria leaving in trailers to countries around us. Companies like honeywell, dangote cement,nestle are seeing valuation almost double in the last 11 months on the stock exchange. Something good is happening, just don't allow your pessimism lock you out.

I hope it is
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by adconline(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
atlwireles:

So, what's your point?
Naija cannot create 1.5million jobs in manufacturing alone in a year with 4000 mega watts? Got it
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by adconline(m): 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmaine:

Have you factored in the millions of jobs created by American companies who moved to China . .If those companies were in America employing several millions, will your figures still be valid ?

Meanwhile MAN has given her figures, consult her records to dispute it.
Jobs created by US companies in China are Chinese jobs!
Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by atlwireles: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
adconline:
Naija cannot create 1.5million jobs in manufacturing alone in a year with 4000 mega watts? Got it

Who told you Nigeria generates 4000MW?

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by jmaine: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
adconline:
Jobs created by US companies in China are Chinese jobs!

You are just "tail chasing" to no where in your bid to justify your hideous cynicism . . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Manufacturing Generates 1.584m Jobs Led By Cement Group In 2013 by anonimi: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
atlwireles:
Who told you Nigeria generates 4000MW?

Abeg spare the guy.
He is confusing Nigeria (the country) with Nigerian government. shocked If not for the confusion he would have taken note of this post right here on this same thread shocked shocked
SELECTIVE blindness perhaps

atlwireles:
Dangote, Others Generate 15,000MW Of Electricity From Private Plants

VENTURES AFRICA – BUA Group, Honeywell and Dangote Group in conjunction with similar manufacturing plants across Nigeria are generating more than 15,000 megawatts of electricity used by the companies off the national grid, Dr. Lazarus Angbazo, President and CEO of General Electric (GE) Nigeria disclosed at the weekend.

According to him, the captive power of 15,000mw is sufficient for the private companies to operate.

“When I say they are captive, I am talking about consumer industrial groups that are self-generating, like the Dangote Cement, Bua Cement, Lafarge Cement and others,” explained Angbazo.

He said due to inefficient power supply, these groups are constructing private power plants to ensure their operations are not affected by epileptic supply of electricity in the country.

“We are in partnership with Dangote, for example, on Obajana, Ibese, Shagamu and Gboko and we are the one providing the power,” local news platform, local daily ThisDay quoted him as saying.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice On Taking A Job Offer With Bc Kash Corporative / Humor: Job Application At Mr Biggs / Fortis Microfinance Bank Online Aptitude Test 4th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.