Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? (585 Views)

See Picture Of The Ebola Suspected Quarantined Nurse Who Escaped To Enugu / On The Ebola Virus / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by Etfash(m): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2014
Good day all.

Please if you know any one working on getting a cure for the Ebola disease tell him/her that the solution is a free living virus.

This could be one of the 5 species that doesn't cause disease. The virus could be sequenced and cloned may be.

Please don't trivialize this, just get it across.
Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by nora544: 8:37am On Aug 12, 2014
Etfash: Good day all.

Please if you know any one working on getting a cure for the Ebola disease tell him/her that the solution is a free living virus.

This could be one of the 5 species that doesn't cause disease. The virus could be sequenced and cloned may be.

Please don't trivialize this, just get it across.

Yeah i know one of the scientist who search for Ebola, when my daughter was at the University in Vienna her lecturere was Herta Steinkellner, my daughter is now a Phd in UK working on cancer.

Please stop that it was man made!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by Etfash(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
nora544:

Please stop that it was man made!

Hello,
Please i do not understand your last statement; kindly elucidate.
Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by nora544: 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Etfash:

Hello,
Please i do not understand your last statement; kindly elucidate.

You write that is was cloned and that mean man made that was it.
Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by Etfash(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
nora544:

You write that is was cloned and that mean man made that was it.

No, i didn't mean that. I was trying to suggest how a free living ebola virus species could be produced through cloning. I am quite knowledgeable about Molecular genetics - i can't say it was man made.

There are 5 known species of the ebola genus. 4 of them are disease causing but 1 is not.

Now, i have been told that a virus similar to ebola is the cure. It could be by getting a fluid from an infected patient, transferring to another infected patient and vice versa; it could also be by introducing the free living ebola species.
I am stating this to enable the researchers concentrate on these areas and increase the probability of getting the solution as soon as possible.

A little toxicological dose/response tests would reveal these.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by nora544: 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Etfash:

No, i didn't mean that. I was trying to suggest how a free living ebola virus species could be produced through cloning. I am quite knowledgeable about Molecular genetics - i can't say it was man made.

There are 5 known species of the ebola genus. 4 of them are disease causing but 1 is not.

Now, i have been told that a virus similar to ebola is the cure. It could be by getting a fluid from an infected patient, transferring to another infected patient and vice versa; it could also be by introducing the free living ebola species.
I am stating this to enable the researchers concentrate on these areas and increase the probability of getting the solution as soon as possible.

A little toxicological dose/response tests would reveal these.

yeah this is tru and the last one they found in asia.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by mlanreh: 7:36am On Aug 13, 2014
This sounds pretty cool wish I know someone working on the cure

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Any Of The Researchers Working On The Ebola Virus? by NaMe4: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2014
This is a good idea. But it would be most useful in preparation of a vaccine and not a cure, especially considering the large numbers of infected people.

A challenge would be identifying humans infected with such strain to obtain serum from or identifying which monkeys or bats are infected with that particular reston strain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Outbreak In West Africa Traced To Female Herbalist Who Claimed She Could C / UVM Student And Professor Conquer Stuttering Together / Burn Your Stomach Fats The Easy Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.