Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Victor Obinna Nsofor? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Obinna Nsofor? (2055 Views)

Obinna Ogba Visits Super Eagles Players During Training In Abuja. Photos / Obinna Nsofor Joins Lokomotiv Moscow / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Obinna Nsofor? by Jarus(m): 8:34am On Oct 20, 2008
How far can this guy go? Mourinho gave him his first start at Inter yesterday ahead of Adriano and Cruz, and he rewarded him with a world-class goal, a bullet. It's not a small match, Inter V Roma. He played full match while Ibra and Quaresma were substituted.
I think this guy is going places. What do you guys think?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=921133
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by slimghost(m): 11:29am On Oct 20, 2008
i concur. quality upon quality.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by youngies(m): 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2008
It is only consistency and character that can determine how far he can go, no doubt he is a bundle of poetentials. We all saw him doing that with Cheivo, but was he consistent?
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by toluxa1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2008
I knew that Guy will go places. He has just started. I promise you by december, you wont bleive the wonders that boy will be pers\forming. By next season, he will have booked a placed in the starting Eleven for inter.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by Jarus(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2008
Obinna Vs Ogbuke. Who is the better player? Who has greater prospects? But I see these players as the near-future of Super Eagles.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2008
Obinna Vs Ogbuke. Who is the better player? Who has greater prospects? But I see these players as the near-future of Super Eagles.

Thank you jare!!! you are now talking about correect people not some overrated Martins, Mikel and co who feel without them the world would end.

Nsofor was preferred ahead of Adriano and Cruz unlike someone who gets playing time because the main Characters are injured Essien, Ballack etc

By the way, Ogbuke scored in germany too With Ike Uche they are the future
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by donpapa(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2008
ife-eco-06:

But I see these players as the near-future of Super Eagles.
Well said
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by FBS: 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2008
OMG, this is off the top, grande goal, ballistic missile from Nsofor, just take a look at this video ( the second goal just after stankovic, 0:44 sec)

the italian commentator is just something else, I actually thought he was speaking igbo, please watch,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWNImgC5fM&feature=related

obby obby, epatito obinna, liberatsi, obinna ( just before he fired the shot) and after that the goal, it was

MAMA MIA!!! Goal Obinna, Obinna, MAMA MIA!!! Grande Goal Obinna,, bla bla bla, PAM!!!! Obinna!!

Don't laugh yet, the second video in arabic is even more ribs cracking, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl8A0KE9-1E&feature=related
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by Olaolufred(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2008
We have future in this nation. Our Soccer is Super hopefull.

Imagine Osaze, Nsofor, Ogbuke and Uche in our forwards.

May be the only person that will still be a bit relevant in the attack is Martins.

I beg, this Olympic Maestros are scintilating. Oooooooooooh Marvellous.

They will pocket all the big boys who are big for nothing.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by jaybee3(m): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
So he scored a wonder goal, now he his supposedly the future of super eagles.
he needs to be on the score sheet consistently guys

obagoal scored many thunder bolts way better than that and he still ain't the future.
players should be picked based on consistent performances not one hit wonders
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by chidichris(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2008
dayokanu,
if i may judge u by your locality here, u are not supposed to talk football rather we will need u in times of basketball of american football.
why do u use the word preffered over cruz and adriano? how many times has he played for inter? he was no where to be found in the champions league.
why do u go about comparing him with the likes of mikel and martins who are according to u over rated?
be informed that nigerians players all started like him(obinna).

on the other hand, i am enjoying it here, everyone talking good about our own(obinna) but i want to say a big thank u to the special one(mourinho).
may God continue to bless Mourinho for his interest and belief he has on nigerian players. he brought mikel to the world and now obinna.
obinna like mikel are both good but mourinho is better.
obyno, more grease to ur elbow.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by Jarus(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2008
chidichris:

dayokanu,
if i may judge u by your locality here, u are not supposed to talk football rather we will need u in times of basketball of american football.
While not holding brief for dayokanu, let me remind u that the fact that somebody lives in US does not mean he shouldn't know/talk about football.While football may not be as popular as BB in uS, Americans still follow football very well.

chidichris:

be informed that nigerians players all started like him(obinna).
Yes, I agree here. In Martins' formative years at Inter everybody thought the new George Weah had arrived, but six years after, he did not live up to expectation
The new Zidane has arrived, so they said about Mikel too in 2005. Rated in 2005 alongside Messi etc in TOP 10 young footballers to watch out for. Now the world is disappointed.

chidichris:

dayokanu,
why do u use the word preffered over cruz and adriano? how many times has he played for inter? he was no where to be found in the champions league.
I believe dayokanu meant 'preferred over Cruz and Adriano in that match(Roma)', not in the whole team pecking order
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by chidichris(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2008
we have to appreciate the fact that mikel was and is still a great player.
breaking into the first team of star studded chelsea is not an easy job.
if we look at it the other way round, he is playing in one of the world's greatest club at the moment or do we expect him to bench everyother player in chelsea and do the work alone.
i spoke of the guy in usa bcs he can't just conclude issues of a player(obinna) because he scored just a goal.
i still want to pray that obinna will continue in this manner.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2008
Nsofor played this weekend again. In a game as important as Roma vs Inter he played.

Please Chidichris which big name did Mikel Bench at chelsea presently he is simply profiting from Essiens absence.

Meanwhile Obasi scored twice for Hoffeinheim who currently lead the Bundesliga as hoffeinheim beat Hamburg 3-0.

The problem of most African players usually start when they go to the EPL. See the life of Utaka, martins check all those senegalese players that took the world by storm in 2002 the moment they stepped into EPl they all dwindled Henry Camara, bouba Diop, Salif Diao, Diouf, Captain Aliou Cisse. Right now only Niang makes sense
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2008
Ogbuke scores twice today again for Hoffenheim tell me this guy is not on the ascendancy while some stupid martin, and Utaka rot in the premiership

The guy is in the form of his life
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by Jarus(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2008
dayokanu:

Ogbuke scores twice today again for Hoffenheim tell me this guy is not on the ascendancy while some stupid martin, and Utaka rot in the premiership

The guy is in the form of his life
Read Chelsea is after him. Hope he doesn't make the mistake of rushing to EPL.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by otokx(m): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2008
Nsofor is good but lets not shout eureka yet.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by chidichris(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2008
my dear,
with due respect leave soccer and discuss american football or basketball as you will definitely do better there.
mikel is hot as in hot.
every football analyst talk about him. he is the dream of most coaches.
your type values players on how many goals per match.
some players earn huge salaries just for dirty jobs in football.
if u care for a brief lecture, chelsea's defence so far is enjoying the best form in a very long timeand have conceeded only four goals in all competitions this season courtsy of mikel's position in front of the back four. i know u will not understand this.
in chelsea, we call him a holding midfielder while some other will call him a defenciever midfielder. my dear, chelsea have been crying on where to get a replacement for makalele until mourinho said, he is a great skill, he a a giant and he can stand the taste of time.
as i am writting, he is the no 1 citizen of nigeria in the game they call football.
i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience and not confuss u that mikel is greater than what ur eyes can see.
please in ur next massage, tell me if EPL is been aired in the usa or do u read only on internet.
before i forget, 95% footballers in the world today have the dream of playing in the english league and that is where football is today.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
You have not answered the question, Who is Mikel benching? SWP was playing last year when everyone was injured.

Let Ballack and Essien come back and see how he would get playing time.

The moment Ballack and Lampard became fit last season, Mikel went back to his rightful position-Bench

I can authoritatively tell you that I watch and know about soccer much more than you.

maybe the 95% of the players in the world you talk about do not include Kaka, Messi, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Pirlo and others Those ones would rather

stay in their current place than come to EPL. Tell me How many Brazilians/Argentines/Italians would come to the EPL Maybe African players.

Tell me a country that won any competition in as far as you can remember that has majority of its players in the EPL.

EPL is where football is? In the last Euro cup Spain, Germany, How many of their players play in the EPL?

England the host nation which almost all their players play in EPL how do they fare?
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2008
Hope you saw Mikel's pathetic performance against Roma yesterday
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by chidichris(m): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2008
my dear, i only asked u if u expect mikel to bench every other player in the squad and do things alone so that again.
like i said, u will do better in basketball or american football.
is ronaldinho and kaka hot at the moment?
in talking about world footballers of the year, u don't think of players in argentina or brazil. the talents are there but they are harvested in europe.
if u know about the last champions league, three english sides were in the semi finals and two went through to the finals.
as i write to u now, the best goalkeeper of the year is in epl, the best defender, the best midfielder and the best striker and the cup itself are all in the epl so what more are u saying?
mikel was not good enough in the match against roma but if u are not a prophet of doom, u would have known that that was just a game out of the many he had played this season.
on the other hand, ballack and lampard been fit has nothing to do with mikel. if there is anyone who is surposed to be a threat to mikel's position, it is essien but essien was playing alongside makalele so everything will depend on the coach when essien gets back.
from ur statements, i am begining to feel u don't know the difference between roles on the pitch.
are u aware that talks are going on about mikel's new contract which will make him earn 60 thousand pounds a week. don't u think that is worth celebrating instead of dying with envy.
mikel is not just a star rather he is a super star.
if you want to judge ur knowledge about mikel and his ability in the game, just type his name in google and u will be exposed to real football analysts and their words on the man mikel.
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2008
I am sure you dont watch football outside England for you to ask if Ronaldinho and kaka are hot at the moment. Go and watch Milan Siena, Napoli, Braga, Inter and recent Milan games.

Fact is Mikels because Essien is injured. 60,000 for Mikel so what Chelsea is known to be spend thrift. Did they not pay 24 million for SWP? or 30 for Sheva?

The biggest games chelsea played this season liverpool, Man Utd and Roma Mikel was totally disgraced
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by kaypumpin2(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2008
dayokanu:

I am sure you don't watch football outside England for you to ask if Ronaldinho and kaka are hot at the moment. Go and watch Milan Siena, Napoli, Braga, Inter and recent Milan games.

Fact is Mikels because Essien is injured. 60,000 for Mikel so what Chelsea is known to be spend thrift. Did they not pay 24 million for SWP? or 30 for Sheva?

The biggest games chelsea played this season liverpool, Man Utd and Roma Mikel was totally disgraced

Mikel was disgraced against Manchester United and Liverpool!Damn u r wrong.Mikel was the most visible player the days these 2 tames went to the bridge.Am no fan of his,infact i detest the fact that once a beautiful attack-minded player like Mikel as become one-dimensional,but Dayo dnt give a dog a bad name just to hang it
Re: Victor Obinna Nsofor? by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2008
Where was mikel when Liverpool and man Utd particularly where bossing the middle of the pack where he is supposed t stamp his authority.

That is the first time I am seeing Man Utd boss chelsea in the midfield. Check the times Makelele or Essien held forte

(1) (Reply)

See Messi's Wax Work / Sportswear / Can Real Madrid Sign Neymar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.