Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,986 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri (5120 Views)

Obinna Ogba Visits Super Eagles Players During Training In Abuja. Photos / Jay Jay Okocha For 2010 World Cup / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by zebudaya(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Lars Lagerback, yesterday, said he has found a replacement for Daniel Shittu in the central defence as he insisted that Shittu, Obinna Nwaneri are not sure candidates for his World Cup team.

The Swede said after watching the Eagles’ Team B training session at the Fifa Goal Project that he was impressed with the performance of Michael Odibe in the Italian Serie A league.

“This is what I am already looking forward to, and I am working towards securing a new player for the team’s central defence. I saw him in Europe and was surprised that most Nigerians know very little about him,” Lars Lagerback said.

The Swede said the 21-year-old Odibe of AC Siena in the Italian Serie A, is a young and good defender.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/24/308.html

See Oga Lagerback is doing his job. Instead of that lazy Shuaibu. Just stayed home, did absolutely no scouting and invited same Old unpatriotic legs to play for us. Up lagerback.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by marutimon: 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2010
I smell revolution, It can really shake up the team. Wonder however what the end result will be.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hmmm. . . not sure if I agree with him on Danny Shittu but I'm 120% in agreement with him on Obinna Nwaneri.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
marutimon:

I smell revolution, It can really shake up the team. Wonder however what the end result will be.
Revolution is good. At least players like Yakubu, Kanu, Olofinjana etc won't be in SA, lol tongue grin
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
Even Obiora Nwankwo is now in prime position to make the team after been promoted to Inter Milan's 1st team.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by ayusco: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2010
semid sadly i have to go with lagerback on shittu dude hasn't been playing regularly only God knows who he offended in the bolton coaching staff. nice to see ajilore & haruna making a statement of intent for the SE WC squad with their recent good performances, hope they keep it up
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by FBS: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Even Obiora Nwankwo is now in prime position to make the team after been promoted to Inter Milan's 1st team.
That guy na player. Just what the doc prescribed.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by FBS: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2010
Lagerback to visit Eagles after SA trip

Super Eagles Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback will only do his player visits in Europe after his inspection tour of Nigeria's base camp in South Africa.

Earlier reports suggested that Lagerback had spent the last week visiting players in Europe, and even meeting with some of the players.

But none of the players across Europe saw the coach.

NFF sources have now told KickOffNigeria.com that the Swede will only make that tour after he returns from his South Africa trip.

Lagerback left Lagos on Tuesday night and will visit Richards Bay, Durban, Bloemfontein and Johannesburg before returning to Nigeria on Friday.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14551/lagerback-to-visit-eagles-after-sa-trip.php
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by adebayo201: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2010
thats good wink wink wink
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2010
This Lagerback seems to be toeing the path of Westerhof. The era of one big man or NFF forcing coach to use some players seems to be ending. If he's allowed to do his job, I think he has a lot in store for Nigerian football.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by sayso: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2010
Lagerback left Lagos on Tuesday night and will visit Richards Bay, Durban, Bloemfontein and Johannesburg before returning to Nigeria on Friday. grin our money ehh,oga dey chop am yafu yafu.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Echidime(m): 12:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
Is better he use all home base players,and wipe away those Niga's that gives us all heart attack when playing
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
FBS:

That guy na player.  Just what the doc prescribed.
True that! He was one of our better players at the last U-20 and the guy has extra value cos he can play as a central defender or a dèfensive midfielder.
ayusco:

semid sadly i have to go with lagerback on shittu dude hasn't been playing regularly only God knows who he offended in the bolton coaching staff. nice to see ajilore & haruna making a statement of intent for the SE WC squad with their recent good performances, hope they keep it up
Ayusco, how u dey? Long time no jam for Nairaland, lol. I agree with you except on the highlighted part. Not playing regularly at club level has always been the case with Shittu but he has always excelled at major tournaments. . .cast your mind back to Ghana 2008 & Angola 2010. My point is Shittu is a competition player.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2010
He needs to discover strikers.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
Echidime:

Is better he use all home base players,and wipe away those Niga's that gives us all heart attack when playing
Like the ones that played Niger, abi?
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by SeanLewis(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hmmm, He is begining to impress me. Is he d next westerhorf smiley
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
otokx:

He needs to discover strikers.
I don't think our present players in that departments are bad. . .Ikechukwu Uche, Osaze Odemwingie, Chinedu Obasi, Obafemi Martins, Micheal Eneramo, Obinna Nsofor, Kanu* etc
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Krayola(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2010
Sean-Lewis:

Hmmm, He is begining to impress me. Is he d next westerhorf smiley

We suppose put statue of that guy somewhere in Naija. grin
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by HARDDON: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
cool
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by carnal: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2010
I like the fact Lars has discovered a new central defender but i disagree with the fact Shittu should not be on the list.Shittu is most dedicated super eagles player in this set.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by emibros: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hmmmm ! Am a loyal bolt0n fan , the reas0n why he hasn't played 4 me is bec0s of he's style of game (HE-SHOOT) OR ROCKETING STYLE OF PLAY ! Which is n0t what my new c0ach owen c0yle wants,he l0ves the arsen wenger's style and that's what he's doing @ the club and 2ndly after the game @ ang0la,he has to settle 4 2nd best c0s the likes of gary cahill,zat knight,andy obrien,sammy ricketts, who are perf0rming very well . So its very hard 4 him , i even created a f0rum abt his chances @ the w0rld cup ! Bolton 4 life ! Whites Army !
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by anishe(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2010
When you were talking about Strikers, i guess you forgot to mention Yakubu Aiyegbeni and John Utaka.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by emibros: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
Dis Guy:

I dont think you will have Shittu for too long, he is going to Scotland Rangers or Celtic even!

He's probably the best defender we have at the moment!!

he needs to start earning penalites though-they way they keep mad handling him in the box - Dive!!
yeah i kn0w, he's g0nna leave diz summer,am n0t happy he isn't playing and i can als0 blame the c0ach either. Will miss him ! He will be on the bench dis week against man u ! Watch owt !
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by ayusco: 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
semid hi bro yeah long time no block. i see what u mean about shittu doing well in tournaments but u hav to admit WC is a different ball game to AFCONs that said shittus commitement and work rate in the SE is top notch and i hope lagerback would make a rare consideration in choosing him, but dude has to start playing some how. he's a bit lucky that we have a dearth of top notch defenders playing consistently in decent clubs so he might just sneak in afterall, team is still taking shape hope anichebe & ike uche are fit to bolster are attack
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by ayusco: 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
anishe:

When you were talking about Strikers, i guess you forgot to mention Yakubu Aiyegbeni and John Utaka.

FATKUBU & LACKLUSTER UTAKA? I LAFF IN SIOUX INDIAN
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
ayusco:

FATKUBU & LACKLUSTER UTAKA? I LAFF IN SIOUX INDIAN
Are you psychic or what? You just spoke my mind.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by teeluv(m): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
im sure the guy that mentioned yakubu and Utaka was just joking. how will you call yakubu.when last did he score for everton,
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by FBS: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
semid4lyfe:

True that! He was one of our better players at the last U-20 and the guy has extra value cos he can play as a[b] central defender [/b]or a dèfensive midfielder.
mba. . .no way. The guy is a Midfielder and should never be used as a defender (except well you know. . .)
Sia1 did that and you saw the results.
We played a lot better when he moved into the MF. That is his natural position.
He is a players player.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Manutddude(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2010
teeluv:

im sure the guy that mentioned yakubu and Utaka was just joking. how will you call yakubu.when last did he score for everton,
Of course He scores regularly for Everton, he even scored when they whipped Man City, in his dreams. We don't need him again, we have better strikers,
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by hooged: 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2010
Yak is going to world cup, although he's off form but wen inform he wil definately deliver.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Akanbiedu(m): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
zebudaya:

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/24/308.html

See Oga Lagerback is doing his job. Instead of that lazy Shuaibu. Just stayed home, did absolutely no scouting and invited same Old unpatriotic legs to play for us. Up lagerback.

This comment is unfair and in bad taste. Shuaibu can not get half the money Lagerback gets to run around. He doesn't get paid like Lagerback. Lagerback will surely get a better working environment from NFF than Shuaibu and at the end of the day, if Lagerback performs better, self-confidence of local coaches will be destroyed.

people become second-class citizens in their own country.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
FBS:

mba. . .no way. The guy is a Midfielder and should never be used as a defender (except well you know. . .)
Sia1 did that and you saw the results

We played a lot better when he moved into the MF. That is his natural position.
He is a players player.
Still haven't forgotten how he was easily beaten in the run-up to Germany's 3rd goal shey? Anyway, I agree with you. DM is his natural position. Lets wait & see what he's moulded into at Inter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament / Free Bet9ja Code Today / Ronaldo Returns Lost Phone To Group Of Hot Girls In Vegas And 100% Has Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.