Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Infatuation Vs Love - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Infatuation Vs Love (437 Views)

Am I In Love? The Difference Between Love, Lust & Infatuation / Love Critics Vs Love Finders ;my Facebook Friends <pt 1> / Could This Be Love Or Infatuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infatuation Vs Love by Talk2SeaL: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2014
I read this in online and I find it quit interesting so let me share with our forum.
It's amazing how much Holywood and Nollywood have inflenced your think and mine on the concepts of what love is and what it is not.
Sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between falling in love with Someone and being infatuation with them.

Below is the difference between Infatuation $ Love:-
1. Infatuation starts overnight and can also die overnight. Love starts slowly, grows and gets stronger with time.
2. Infatuation has little or no depth cos there is no knowledge on which the feelings are built on; but Love is deep and keeps growing deeper with time, cos knowledge has been laid as a foundation.
3. Infatuation wants sex now now $ waiting can be very fatal. But Love can wait $ it is willing to wait and delay SEX until the time is right.
4. Infatuation is up $ down
emotionallyn it can claim to be love now and the fall out of love overnight. But Love is stable $ very consistent cos it has a lot of commitment that goes with it.
5. Infatuation is an attraction to just an aspect of the person e.g you like the guys money, the girls boobs, her backside, face etc. But Love is not because the aspect of the person; it is an attraction to the entire person.
6. Infatuation is fickle, foolish $ dry. But Love is faithful, wise and warm.
7.Infatuation is more like a obsessive feeling which most times do not let a sleep, eat or concentrate cos someone you just met. But Love has proper perspective. It is very normal and will go about his or her normal activities of the day without being caught up with worrisome thoughts.
8.Infatuation is hostile $ would break-up at "Slighest irritations" cos it is not willing to make any form of sacrifice. But Love is friendly and would grow stronger in the face of irritations, because it's always willing to make sacrifices.
9. Infatuation focuses $ emphases only physical beauty- very sahallow; But Love focuses $ emphasizes more on the inner beauty (character) than physical beauty.
10. Infatuation will seek to enrich self at the expense of the other-selfish.
Infatuation is self focused. But genuine Love is other person focused.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Sugar Mummy. Moryway@gmail.com / Intellect Friends Zone / Whom Should I Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.