Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

How To Get Over Bad Moods - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Over Bad Moods (875 Views)

Nairalanders Moods Since The Loss Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Over Bad Moods by argon500: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Are you feeling down?
Do you want to get over this bad mood?
Do bad moods visit you often?

If you want to get rid of something then you should first understand it. Most people experience bad moods without even knowing why. They relate these feelings to the first thing that comes to their minds like a recent fight they had with their boss or just the stress they get subjected to.

In fact you might be feeling bad for a completely different reason than the reason that came to your mind and the key to getting over bad moods is to understand their root cause.

Your current state of feeling is the result of all of the life experiences you have been through up until this moment. The fight you had yesterday with your close friend and the bad grades you got the day before represent only a little part of your current emotional state.

The good things that recently happened to you are also a part of this same emotional state even if you don't feel good at all right now. For example the complement you received today from one of your friends is a part of your current emotional state.

Summing up all the good and the bad things that happened to you will result in the resultant mood which is the current emotional state you are experiencing now.
Anyone can become happier by fixing his resultant mood. If twenty things were bothering you at the moment while 10 of them were totally out of your control then you can definitely feel better by changing the 10 that you have control over.

Many people developed the bad habit of accumulating small problems thinking that they should first deal with the bigger ones first.
This is one reason that lead to bad moods because when simple problems accumulate they make bigger ones even worse. This faulty key in your keyboard, this car you have to fix and this important phone call you have to make will make your big problems worse without you notice.
You are always in a state of receiving information from the world through your five senses. The more unresolved problems you have the more likely you will receive data that can remind you of these problems and so make you feel down.

Knowing the reason behind your bad mood can be as effective as solving few small problems Simply because not knowing the reason behind your bad feelings is considered another problem which will be reflected in your bad mood too.

So to summarize the actions you need to do to end bad moods: Isolate your problems, start solving them one by one and don’t accumulate small ones. Break the cycle of negative thinking and you will reduce your bad feelings.
Re: How To Get Over Bad Moods by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
I usually just drink it off.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Over Bad Moods by rapcy(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thnkz
Re: How To Get Over Bad Moods by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
...cant rememba wen i was in a bad mood for long.....well,listening to music is usually a mood-changer for me....

1 Like

Re: How To Get Over Bad Moods by slex(m): 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
pcguru1: I usually just drink it off.

Confirm!!
Re: How To Get Over Bad Moods by rawpadgin(m): 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
:Ps*x does it for me u know :Ps*x does it for me u know

(1) (Reply)

In What Language Do You Think? / I Travelled Kano – Zaria By Rail / Increase Your Facebook Post Reach [personal Nairaland Blog]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.