Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Should I Ban My Staff From Using Social Media At Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Ban My Staff From Using Social Media At Work? (468 Views)

Branding Yourself As A Celebrity Or Public Figure In Nigeria Using Social Media / How Can I Checkmate My Staff From Shortchanging Me? / NSE Employs Chief Of Staff From JP Morgan Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Ban My Staff From Using Social Media At Work? by finessela: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Someone asked the question below, what will you do if you are in this situation;

I manage one of the five branches of the company I work for. I have 10 employees in my branch and as a new branch the targets we have to meet by the end of the year is incredibly high.
The problem is that I need my workers to focus 100% on their jobs to be able to meet this target, at the moment we are below expectation, but many of them spend hours reading blogs especially Linda Ikeji blog, and checking out social media every day. I have warned them many times but they still do it, one of them is very active on twitter and she tweets severally daily, during work hours!
I may be old fashioned here, but I find it hard to believe they can be productive at work if they spend hours reading stuff online and discussing it. Will I be making a right decision if I ban the use of social media completely with great consequences for anyone who breaks the rule?

This article was copied from www.femmelounge.ng

(1) (Reply)

What Does It REALLY Mean To Be Independent? / If Corporate Nigeria Organized As Many Seminars As Concerts, Nigeria Would... / Enquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.