Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. (631 Views)

Why Do Christians Fake/Act Strange To Demonstrate Their Status Of Spirituality? / Re: Kag: Atheism & The Dialectics Of Spirituality / KAG: Atheism & The Dialectics Of Spirituality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Many things to share here.

I'll be back soon. But still feel free to post your opinion.
Re: Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. by ddddon(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
spreads mats
Re: Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
The Christianity of this age have relegated gifts to the background.
I know I am not the only one who have heard something like "If it can not be proven with scripture, it is fake".
I started thinking of how to prove a prophesy from a man about my travelling. We tend to prove to be more religious than God. But He is still merciful. If we call upon Him in the situation, He makes a way of escape. And when He do, we return to prove how wrong a prophesy is.
We have ignored our gifts given by the Holy Spirit and have become even obsessed with celebrities in the faith.
Anyway, It is not bad because I have mine.
Re: Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
My main focus is on the end time massage. The scripture says that false prophets will rise up. It also said that many will keep deceiving and being deceived. It is at this point that I found the gift of discerning needful for this age to overcome.
You will be told to test all spirit but no one will tell you that it is by gift that you can test spirits. The only tool that is recommended is the Bible. You may be told that the Holy Spirit will show to you but this gift come by desiring and asking.
Because we have not taken to practise this aspect of spirituality, we would always need a superior hand to confirm our understanding.
Re: Christianity As A Philosophy; The Death Of Spirituality. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
victorels: My main focus is on the end time massage. The scripture says that false prophets will rise up. It also said that many will keep deceiving and being deceived. It is at this point that I found the gift of discerning needful for this age to overcome.
You will be told to test all spirit but no one will tell you that it is a gift. The only tool that is recommended is the Bible. You may be told that the Holy Spirit will show to you but this gift come by desiring and asking.
Because we have not taken to practise this aspect of spirituality, we would always need a superior hand to confirm our understanding.

I AM SPEAKING TO MY SELF. IF THIS IS YOU, SPEAK TO YOURSELF TOO.

(1) (Reply)

How Strong Is Your Faith In God? / Help Is Coming Your Way / Children Of The Sleeping God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.