Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression (742 Views)

Best Treatment For Depression:any Idea? / Tasly Bitter Melon Powder-relief For Diabetic Patients / Ginseng Rh2 Capsule-relief For Cancer Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by nedu2000(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
With the death of Robin Williams directly linked to depression,anti-depressants(whatever they are made of I don't know) obviously don't seem to be working.
Marijuana(indian hemp aka igbo) can offer temporary relief to depression sufferers.I am speaking from personal experience.
I served in mirnga,Borno state in 2008/09. Really felt depressed 'cause mirnga wasnt(isn't) actually a new york city if you know what I mean,I was always unhappy until a residing corp member introduced me to a marijuana shop( ‎​yes marijuana is sold openly like your buying a recharge card down south),it kept me alive and happy albeit temporarily throughout my stay there.I no longer take it now however,but indian hemp should be considered a cure for depression and be partly legalised/regulated.What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Mrval20(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
It works but have you heard of addiction? Don't start what you can't finish, I know a lot of people struggling to quit Marijuana and drugs generally.

@OP, you said you stopped after a while? The lord is really your strength.wink
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by nedu2000(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
Mrval20,can you compare a probable addiction to what a depression patient goes to,that leads to he/she committing sucide? That's why I talked about regulating it
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by nairalife2013(m): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Anything smoking is not regarded as a decent thing by d majority in d world; itz worse in africa. Secondly d fear of addiction! If u can do it very modestly well it may not be bad to u. I personaly harbour despise for marijuana cos it has an inalieniable bond wid d streets and it has sent quite a number of folks bonkers!
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Mrval20(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
nedu2000: Mrval20,can you compare a probable addiction to what a depression patient goes to,that leads to he/she committing sucide? That's why I talked about regulating it
If any man is depressed, he should take it to God in prayers. Marijuana will only make it worse.
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
@OP
Alcohol, cocaine or even Nitrous oxide would also help a depressed person to feel better.....does that mean they should all take them?
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by nedu2000(m): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
nairalife2013: Anything smoking is not regarded as a decent thing by d majority in d world; itz worse in africa. Secondly d fear of addiction! If u can do it very modestly well it may not be bad to u. I personaly harbour despise for marijuana cos it has an inalieniable bond wid d streets and it has sent quite a number of folks bonkers!
such mentality and mindset can be changed,too much of everything is dangerous as we all know the outright demonisation of indian hemp is of the extreme.

1 Like

Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by nedu2000(m): 11:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP
Alcohol, cocaine or even Nitrous oxide would also help a depressed person to feel better.....does that mean they should all take them?
alcohol can only be use only up to the level of intoxication which has lots of side effects:drunk driving,violence,liver issues. Cocaine is rather expensive and as for nitrous oxide I sincerely don't know much about it.
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 13, 2014
nedu2000: alcohol can only be use only up to the level of intoxication which has lots of side effects:drunk driving,violence,liver issues. Cocaine is rather expensive and as for nitrous oxide I sincerely don't know much about it.

abuse of any of the products i mentionned will be dangerous, but in small doses (just like marijuana) then all is good. if you think you can smoke igbo and be high as fukc, and drive well, then you best rethink.

its all about using any product out there to feel better about yourself!
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Mynd44: 3:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Weed is a Stimulant/hallucinogen. Of course it helps against depression but when taking in the right quantities. Get high off that isht and you are not looking to get over depression, you are simply looking for ways to "travel"

2 Likes

Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by nedu2000(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2014
Mynd44: Weed is a Stimulant/hallucinogen. Of course it helps against depression but when taking in the right quantities. Get high off that isht and you are not looking to get over depression, you are simply looking for ways to "travel"
either getting over depression or even the extreme case of 'travel' neither can be said to be as tragic as the robin williams situation to the extent of committing suicide....though illegal global but the sale of indian hemp over the counter as I witnessed during my service year should be given approval but with regulations
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Mynd44: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2014
nedu2000: either getting over depression or even the extreme case of 'travel' neither can be said to be as tragic as the robin williams situation to the extent of committing suicide....though illegal global but the sale of indian hemp over the counter as I witnessed during my service year should be given approval but with regulations
You wanna give approval to a mood altering drugs which causes some really serious hallucinations where the user might not have control over his/her actions?

What a fine law maker you will become
Re: Marijuana Can Be A Temporary Relief For Depression by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2014
nedu2000: either getting over depression or even the extreme case of 'travel' neither can be said to be as tragic as the robin williams situation to the extent of committing suicide....though illegal global but the sale of indian hemp over the counter as I witnessed during my service year should be given approval but with regulations

sadly, you are seeing this issue with the mindset of a NORMAL person. these depressed people are going through an abnormal phase in their lives and therefore wouldnt think/act right....... therefore, giving them these cheap temporary fix (in order to solve their mental issues) is wrong IMHO. regulations would get out the window because it is human nature that people want to feel good ALL THE TIME, so these abnormal people would get high/drunk/dazed all the time, and subsequently wouldnt function right any longer!

(1) (Reply)

LUTH Consultant: “Ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola / The Effect Of Cold Water / Ebola: Simple Methods Of Protection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.