Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) (4473 Views)

9 Phrases Smart People Never Use In Conversation / Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) / The Conversation… The Daya Danfo Driver Surprised Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nice one

I have seen a very neat driver too

He wore a clean pair of jeans, nice pink long sleeves and canvas

I doubt he was a graduate though
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Ellidude(m): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
I kept smiling when i read that! Oh how i wish he had much better opportunities.
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by fidzy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
hatux: *sighs*I believe Nigeria go better! Click like if you also believe!

Only one Nigerian? Kai!
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by fidzy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2014

Only one person wants naija to be better?? Kai! grin
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Janeify(f): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
joe17: what else do you want to know?
Weda d driver say make him leave him money?
Or say im b politician way dey campaign? Abegi!!!
not that.it is good to finish what you set to do.whats the need of putting the readers into suspense?
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by opeano(m): 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
Simplefaithy: , I love teaching to bro. Buh for higher institution level ni o cox of d pay.
lols, I get U, am presently pursuing a masters degree@ Unilorin, so, am also aspiring for something higher. But then, the primary and secondary school teachers needs to be adequately renumerated too

1 Like

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Simplefaithy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
opeano: lols, I get U, am presently pursuing a masters degree@ Unilorin, so, am also aspiring for something higher. But then, the primary and secondary school teachers needs to be adequately renumerated too
. Good of u bro. Success all d way (beta by far). If dey re paying them well ni, a lots of people will be teaching.

1 Like

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by joe17: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
Janeify: not that.it is good to finish what you set to do.whats the need of putting the readers into suspense?
If u say so. #Op, Over to u
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by podium82: 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
He wants to "make hay while the sun shines". Some jobs in Nigeria are a trap and before you know it 10 years will be gone with you living from paychech to paycheck. The guy wants to hussle now, so that he won't have to start over when it will be awkward for peers to catch you still wayback or stangnant. He will enter his rest sooner than most of his mates in Ac offices, just hope he got the escape route to higher life well plotted and God will guide him.

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by MEILYN(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
This is not new @ O.P. I once saw a graduate on a bus, guess what? He was the conductor. When he spoke we knew it was circumstances that brought him to that situation. The guy was very good in the English language. He was telling a friend of his, his story. Naso I put ear.

2 Likes

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by omowolewa: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
Yes!
He saw a manager in himself and not a danfo driver;

He saw the ability to start from the scratch in himself, a quality of a hustling entrepreneur.
While others in the same shoes saw a casting down he saw a lifting up.

Thumbs-up to the hustlers, Forbes-fame awaits you! Don't quit please.

podium82: He wants to "make hay while the sun shines". Some jobs in Nigeria are a trap and before you know it 10 years will be gone with you living from paychech to paycheck. The guy wants to hussle now, so that he won't have to start over when it will be awkward for peers to catch you still wayback or stangnant. He will enter his rest sooner than most of his mates in Ac offices, just hope he got the escape route to higher life well plotted and God will guide him.

3 Likes

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by ACM10: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg dis tori na lie. I don't believe it!
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Video*** Wicked girl pours Boiling Water
on her ex-boyfriend for wanting
her back after Dumping Her http:///Y5m0gr
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Abbey2sam(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
Urine: Over 90% of the comments are from guys. That's a story for another day. In my opinion that guy might be making good money but he's also wasting away.

If such an intelligent man is teaching kids, do you have an idea of the number of leaders he will be raising for our next generation?

raising future leaders and return home to go and eat stone with his family

everyone one has got for bills to pay.......just that some are bigger than others.....and if teaching can pay his, won't he look for other mean

1 Like

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Justeenaleo(f): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
opeano: that story is pathetic as well as inspiring. I studied education too and can tell You, its actually the best profession I can think of, U know why I appreciate the effort in moulding Lives, It makes me feel fulfilled. When I graduated from secondary school and my sister asked me what I wanted to become, I said I wanted to become a teacher, after She asked me why and I gave him my reasons, she couldnt discourage me.
If Only our Nation can appreciate and renumerate Teachers as much as they deserv, He wouldnt b out there in one of the 'not so noble profession'

but in all.... It pays to be happy with whatever U do.

Proud to be a teacher.
Driving is a noble job
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Epathra(f): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
Seun, this is copy and paste from a page on facebook that writes short fictional stories. Lagosconvo. He dubbed their story. I'll find  link and paste ΐτ̅ here
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Ghost01(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
You'd be suprised to learn that some of those conductors croaking Oo-shod!, 'Balende-See-Hem-Ess ... on Lagos roads are graduates. Some are even more qualified, academically, than you are. Me I no dey talk when passengers dey yab either the driver or the conductor for anything o, we all are victims of the various societal ills that abound around us!
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Tobbie9(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Even if this particular story aint true I've personally seen a graduate conductor, it just goes to show that nigerians have a defective value system or have we forgotten when graduates applied for d position of cleaners in the LASG service(even Fashola was moved). May God save this country cos honestly 9ja is something else

1 Like

Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by laivwire(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kentnickole:
Never you judge a pen by its cover..
Its a book Oga!

I believe too....but I'm not gonna like your post for that undecided
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by hamzatseyi(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
Epathra: Seun, this is copy and paste from a page on facebook that writes short fictional stories. Lagosconvo. He dubbed their story. I'll find  link and paste ΐτ̅ here
the story was on numerous pages,u can also search for our daily life on facebook,which i happens to be an admin there,the only mistake i made,is not stating that the story is fiction,or acknowledging the page and original owner.i dnt knw d so call lagos convo,but ,the story is not mine,it was sent to us by one of our fans.i appologise if i had broke any rule,i am sorry.
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Itoroetti(m): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
is it not an odd world that most professions are looked down on?
we all need to travel from one point to another and we need drivers,yet we look down on such people.why are pilot reverred?why are sea captains reverred?our mentality in nigeria is what drags us back and we keel allowing it to pull us down.
the owner of peace mass transit had similar case,but offcourse right now he is a millionaire.
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by hatux: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
laivwire:
Its a book Oga!

I believe too....but I'm not gonna like your post for that undecided
Whatever!! But to me, I surely knows GOD has many plans for my beautiful country!
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by olashas(f): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
polymathic: Story that touches the heart.... the important thing s to find fulfillment n passion for wat u do....
So true
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by opeano(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2014
Justeenaleo:
Driving is a noble job

ok ma.

Mind U, i never said it aint noble.
For a graduate, y spend 4years in school only to b a Driver??
I only said and quoted it "not so noble"
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by mikolo80: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
Urine: Over 90% of the comments are from guys. That's a story for another day. In my opinion that guy might be making good money but he's also wasting away.

If such an intelligent man is teaching kids, do you have an idea of the number of leaders he will be raising for our next generation?
he'll teach more kids more effectively about the dignity in labour and about the swag in the dog as a living practical example than as a theorizing tie and sandal wearing frayed collar teacher.inspired
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by wordsplay(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2014
inform any graduate or student you know to go online and register here http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=100208 .If successfully selected, the government will be paying them N30,000 monthly for 1year. Companies, organizations and institutions can also register and interns will be sent to them, while government pays the interns N30,000. Please spread the news: See it as an Income/Job opportunity.let's give it a try by registering
Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria | One Star Ambassador
tan.org.ng
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by adebayour26: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
egopersonified: All of you commenting about the girls, I think we are imagining how it would feel like to have him as boyfriend or husband, his values are top notch and he is going places but can we see beyond the fact that he is a danfo driver? Our priorities in life are really twisted.
Hmmm...am impressed.

See reasonable comment from a highly intelligent & woman of great intellect. Our ladies do not want to date guys that are just coming up, they only giv chance to working class & ready-made men. When will they climb at least a chair & see beyond what they are seeing in us now?
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Silensa(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
egopersonified: All of you commenting about the girls, I think we are imagining how it would feel like to have him as boyfriend or husband, his values are top notch and he is going places but can we see beyond the fact that he is a danfo driver? Our priorities in life are really twisted.

Busted!!!!!!!!! where were you since?
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Nogen: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
NancyEdward: I'm Emmanuel Morris I want to thank Mr Eric , for helping me out in upgrading my waec result yesterday my waec result was very bad I got Mr Eric phone number on the internet many people thanking him for helping them upgrading and release their withheld result so I call him also and explain myself to he because I was having only 4 credit my maths and English was bad too but right now all my result is very good I now have 9 credit include maths and English am so very happy and I want you all to help me thank Mr Eric here is his phone number in case you need any assistance to upgrade your result or to release your withheld result (08146270950)

Another criminal.
Re: The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me(the Conversation) by Danhumprey: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
whirlwind7: @OP: You didn't quite finish up with the narrative. Hope you are not abt to refer us to a blog to read the final few lines, like most creepy crawlies popping up on NL nowadays?
gringringringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Course A Yoruba Muslim Is Studying In Sudan #igberetv, photo / Confusion In Lautech Over Vc's Removal:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.