Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser (2854 Views)

How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser by adebayo111: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2008
[b][/b]Can Opera mini WORK on PC the way it works on phone
Re: Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser by soki2ng(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2008
check the thread called "Opera Mini Thread" all infor about opera is in there
Re: Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser by adebayo111: 12:49am On Oct 21, 2008
The Opera Mini browser was designed with mobile devices in mind. It compresses the contents before they are send to the device of the user who is running Opera Mini which results in lower bandwidth needs because the traffic is routed through an Opera server first to achieve that.

Pritesh pointed out that there is a way to run the Opera Mini browser on a normal computer by following instructions found on the Java on Mobile Devices website. It’s a bit complicated but doable for anyone with a technical understanding.

A user basically needs to download the Java SE Development Kit (JDK), the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2 for CLDC, the OperaMiniLargeDevice configuration created by the author and obviously the Opera Mini Browser.

Start by installing the JDK and the Wireless Toolkit afterward. Now extract and move the OperaMiniLargeDevice folder to the wtklib\devices path of the Wireless Toolkit and choose it as the default service in the start menu. Now run Run MIDP Application from the same start menu entry which will load Opera Mini if you select the JAD file that you have downloaded earlier.

The author provides two additional screen resolutions that provide support for the Asus EEE PC and the HTC Shift. The latest updated files are available at this post.

The main advantage of using Opera Mini is the compression in my opinion and probably the low resource usage of the browser. Setup is slightly complicated but once everything is running you can be sure that you are using a low resource and low bandwidth browser, probably as low as it can get.
Re: Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser by abiolag(m): 5:41am On Oct 21, 2008
U no dey sleep?Na so so research everyday.Wel sha this ur new discovery no go work on p32 maybe when i get pentium 78 i wil come back 4 it.Keep d good work i dey feel u bros.4rm Gafar

Re: Opera mini can work as your window pc desktop browser by Mustay(m): 9:02am On Oct 21, 2008

(1)

Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls / Glo Ng Are Swindling Their Customers Of Their Data!!! / You Must Do This For Your Parents Immediately! Don't Wait Till It's Too Late!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.