Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls (2870 Views)

Glo BB Configuration On Samsung Galaxy Note: Please Help. / Problem With Glo Bb Subscription Since Yesterday / Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by Mcleo007(m): 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
pls, i'll appreciate a nice appraisal of glo bis. i wish to jump ship pretty soon.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by walcolm(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2011
well, depends on where you are,

glo BISMONTH has bumped data cap to 3GB, i believe all the other networks are still limited to 1.5GB but if you are not a heavy data user, then it doesnt matter to you

you need to be sure you see 3G+BB icon showing on your bb regularly to confirm the signal around you is very strong and you're getting the best value for your money. another way to confirm how strong your signal is to try and play a video off youtube, if it plays without buffering excessively, then your signal is strong

my advise will be for you to do the 1-day BIS to verify the above before jumping in

1 Like

Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by Mcleo007(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2011
Been on it now. Problem I have now is my not getting 3g service on ma sim. The incompetent customer service agents have not been able to decipher what d problem is.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
My experience with Glo BIS has been a mixed bag. When I first got hooked up it was like wow! It was fast. I was in my house and I was getting 3G service but a week after Glo's service was 'crap-a-lized'. I no longer get 3G in the house it's now permanently on edge. In the office I get edge inside 3G outside. At my friend's place its always 3G. So I guess it all depends on the location.

As for reliability as I have said its been crap-a-lized so expect patchy service. But at the lowest of all prices the Glo BIS will be my choice for now since I do no mission critical stuff on my blackberry.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by Mcleo007(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
I guess my problem is sim-related. I can't get 3g service on it. I tried other glo sim cards on my phone and they did work fine, albeit my own traditional line. I've put call across to the customer center operatives and all I get is, they've channeled the problem to the appropriate quarter; wait for the next 24hrs. This has been on for over 3 weeks cry. Now, what runs through my mind is whether my sim, being an old sim card is not provisioned for 3g service (though, the call center operatives say it is). Is there a way i can request a sim upgrade or have a new sim card and route it to my number (line)?
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by honsule(m): 3:13am On Oct 14, 2011
am using Glo 'somonth' OF #1,200 on EDGE,It make sense
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2011
Here's how you can tell the difference. The 3G sim is the one on the left.

Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
Apparently 2G Sims have a problem properly utilising 3G networks. Ask them for an upgrade I understand its free and even if it is not it should only cost the price of a sim.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by Mcleo007(m): 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2011
Thanks all, I've done the upgrade. Went to their office and requested my profile be wiped and reinstall it and it worked.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by cupid4ig(m): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2011
its cool and fast
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by Mcleo007(m): 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
Where do u reside? Its not fast in my area (magodo, lagos). Works well (fast) in the evening, and best from 11pm till dusk. shocked
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by honsule(m): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2011
GLO dey misbehave for my end.Network varnished for 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by honsule(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Here's how you can tell the difference. The 3G sim is the one on the left.

That is not d yardstick o.i activated about 8 glo sims then thru sending txt msg to 444
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by benzion72(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
MTN and Etisalat BIS data cap is unlimited you can download anything on it provided it is BIS. I don't think there is a special provisiong for 3G if you have it in an area that is covered you get it the truth is that 3G is not covering everywhere it seem etisalat has covered lagos and Ibadan effectively but their speed is crazy the 500MB I subscribed for was used up in less than 24hrs the speed is 4Mb in my area
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 7:30am On Oct 18, 2011
@honsule
What are you on about? I showed the difference between a 3G sim and a 2G sim. Fact is a 2G sim will not give you good 3G service whether you activate from now till tomorrow.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by benzion72(m): 8:11am On Oct 18, 2011
I am not a tech guru but with my experience it is the network coverage rather than SIM that determine 2G or 3G network access
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2011
I a not saying you won't get 3G service but with a 2G sim you will be short changed on 3G services. When 3G sims came out the networks advised people to have their old 2G sims changed that wasn't for the fun of it.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by otokx(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2011
how can one verify if a sim is 3G or 2G?
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by P3trCruzZ(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
Þǀz̲̣̥ н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇w̶̲̥̅̊ cn I 2go ώıғ҂ м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇α̇̇̇̊ glo subscription,
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
Check the picture up there. The 3G sim is on the left but if yours looks like the one on the left then you are using a 2G sim.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2011
Sorry I meant the one on the right being the 2G sim.

The Mod should allow us modify now!
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
honsule:

That is not d yardstick o.i activated about 8 glo sims then thru sending txt msg to 444

@Lord_Reed - you're a pure genius , now i know the difference between a 2g and 3g sim and you won't believe i have two 3g sim in my other nokia phones but a 2g sim on my blackberry , Bullshit
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by lwise(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
I subscribe to COMONTH,the service was so bad that i hardly use it during the day.I have more than 2G data left and less than a week to xpire. angry angry angry
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
2go doesn't work on on м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇α̇̇̇̊ bb glo subscription, even wen I α̍̍̊ѷ airtym
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
P3tr CruzZ:

2go doesn't work on on м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇α̇̇̇̊ bb glo subscription, even wen I α̍̍̊ѷ airtym

You need to enter in the APN settings. 2go doesn't use BIS.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2011
Reed Þǀz̲̣̥ aw am I gonna ₫☺ dat, even wen I hv airtym
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by LordReed(m): 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2011
Go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP and put in the following
APN: glosecure
APN Authentication Enabled [Tick]
Username: gprs
Password: gprs
And make sure APN Settings Enabled is ticked.

But be warned browsing with this settings enabled can take your credits. Even 2go takes credits so be prepared.
Re: Any Glo Bb User Here? Your Experience Is Needed Pls by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2011
‎​⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ LORD REED, ΰя̣̣̥ d best

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Register UBA Account Online And Get Your Instant Account Number / How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones / MTN Tweaking Their Network After Buhari Won The 2015 Election (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.